59 coaches online • Server time: 13:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Namloc

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

First match of the Shield event.
The Great Ones meet the Midsummer Knights again.
The Wood Elves knowing their opponents decide to hire Zara the Slayer hoping she'll be able to remove a couple of the Necros from the pitch.
The weather is perfect for a Blood Bowl evening and the most of the crowd seems to be on the Necros side. The Knights are receiving. The unskilled players on the elf side and the necro's resilience costs 3RR to the Knights as well as a knocked out player in the 3 first turns. Struggling to get to the end zone, the elves even drop the ball trying to go for it. The Great Ones managed to bring the ball back to almost mid-field the Knights striped the ball but couldn't pick it back up nor score.
In second half the Necros ruled the pitch, wiping their adversaries out in the KO box, everything seemed to be in their favour until a missed pass by Swift O'reily in turn 6 gave the opportunity to the war dancers to steal the show!
Zara blitzed the werewolf standing next to the ball and staked him to the BH box. Titania, getting up from her prone position, ran to pick the ball up at the feet of David Wight, dodging and going for it to finish with a pass to Oberon. He ran out of reach while the Necros made another casualty leaving the Wardancer to his touchdown in turn 7.
The crowd ended with a riot giving the Necros extra time but the Great Ones unfortunately couldn't handle the ball well enough to equalize and get into sudden death.

I really thought I was going to loose this game, my RR left me so fast, rolling 1s and skulls, with a couple of casualties and numerous KOs.
However, luck hit me with the failed pass and the perfect sequence of blitz/stab remove player, move into tackle zone, pick-up the ball -1, dodge, going for it 2x, pass 3+, catch 2+with no RR... Happy I've kept whatever pressure I could give until the turn of event!
Namloc

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Final of the Shield event: Almost Humans vs Midsummer Knights.
After a few turns with flimsy elves being sent to the ko and injury boxes the nervous coach timed out by reflex the Simians way too early. Sorry about that.
The 1st half ended wit a T for the WE as well as 5 guys out.
The Woodies managed to steal the ball in the 2nd half and score again by 7th turn.
It was, however, not easy.
Cheers for the game.
Marasai

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2015 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting the semifinals humans vs. apes. War of the planet of the Apes!
Namloc

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Subnited Khaos Order team for now or next league...
BillToWin

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Intro

I've played 6 matches so far with my team the Super Mega Epic Ratz .

We've got a 4-1-1 record so far.

Matches Recap

Match #1 (2-0)

Our first win, 2-0 was against ix77's Dank Dark Gutter Elves. I got three surfs during the first half, one resulting in the death of a lineman, which allowed us to do a full 8 turn stall. The second half had a lot of exciting back and forth moments, although toward the end ix77 tried stalling (looking back on it, he had to stall because the threat of a skaven 1 turn TD is very real) but we were eventually able to get the ball from next to our endzone and pass it to a waiting GR who then ran into their endzone all in a single turn.

Match #2 (1-0)

Our second win was against ianuk77's High Elf team Magnum Opus. The match finished with a concession by ianuk77 because something urgent came up. He was quite a sir about it, these things happen, however looking back on it I think it would have been better if we had rescheduled the match instead of going through a concession. The match was quite bloody, my blitzers were doing a lot of work. Also, I used my apo on a lineman who would have died otherwise because I needed to keep my player count up to win the match.

Match #3 (1-1)

Our draw was against huysmans's Orc team Orc Lordz, it was really tough but my wrestle/strip GR Gurgle came in for us by getting multiple successful -2d blocks on the ball carrier.

Match #4 (2-1)

Our third win was against Joe1982's Nurgle team Uncle Bob's Amazing Circus. The match ended at 2-1 for us. It was quite tough dealing with Disturbing Presence and the beefiness of the Nurgle roster. Near the end of the match, I forgot about Disturbing Presence and did a 5+ handover which was really bad but it lead to the TD I needed to win.

Match #5 (5-1)

Our fourth win was against RDuccio's Chaos Pact team the Renegades. The match ended 5-1 for us. It was a crazzzyyyy match.

The weather was "sweltering heat" for the entire match which greatly benefited me because as the faster/agile team we had more to gain from less players being on the pitch.

Over the course of the match, we got two blitz results on the kickoff table which resulted into two relatively easy TDs. At the end of the first half, on turn 7, a pitch invasion result was rolled when we were kicking which resulted in all our players except two being stunned... And then, we somehow managed on turn 8 to score through the magic of chain pushing and blodge (block/dodge). A quick snap result combined with a kick which resulted in the ball landing on the other side of the pitch (allowing us to give it to any of our players at the start of the turn), lead to a relatively easy TD.

Before, during and after the match RDuccio was a real sir. If I was on the receiving of all that bad luck, I'd be a little mad but he was peaches and roses the entire time and thus I tip my hat to him.

Match #6 (1-2)

Our loss was against Eldin00's Sexy Commandos. Our previous match against RDuccio's Chaos Pact had resulted in two MNG casualties thus we went into this match with 11 players instead of the usual 13. The match started out innocently enough.

In the first half, we received and scored a TD on turn 4 because the pressure was too high then Eldin00 scored a TD on turn 8. So we were fighting an uphill battle coming into the second half.

We started the second half with 9 players on the pitch due to all the bash, we kicked the ball and after that things started to go down hill. On turn 4 of the second half, Eldin00 and his Sexy Commandos had the ball next to my endzone and had wiped all my players off the pitch.

Let me repeat that. On turn 4 of the second half, Eldin00 and his Sexy Commandos had the ball next to my endzone and had wiped all my players off the pitch.

One more time: On turn 4 of the second half, Eldin00 and his Sexy Commandos had the ball next to my endzone and had wiped all my players off the pitch.

What followed was 7 "empty" turns consisting of both of us doing nothing because I had no players on the pitch followed by his TD.

... Amazing match. This is why BB is amazing. I've said enough.

Conclusion/Plot-Twist

So far, I've been having a lot of fun playing the matches and I'm enjoying the 145 Rookie League a lot a lot a lot. Earlier this month, when I signed up for the league I had a CR below 150. I then played 75+ matches over the holidays which pushed my CR to 154ish and I just realized that that was the case as I was writing this post.

Thus, I'll continue playing matches with willing opponents for this league however if I make it to the Championships (eg. if I place within the top 8 teams), I'll not participate leaving my spot for the coach in 9th place.

I do wish to participate in subsequent leagues thus I will be either making a halfing team, a goblin team and or a faculty team (all skeletons, all zombies, etc.) and trying that out. I'm not sure if I'm qualified enough to teach others (I don't have thousands of matches played) but that's something I would like to do because I want to get better at teaching stuff in general and also because I want to convert more people I know into Blood Bowl players Smile.

Tis all. Thanks for listening.

TL;DR: 4-1-1 record so far, crazy 5-1 win for me, all my players got wiped off the pitch against Eldin00's Sexy Commandos, 145 Rookie league is awesome, woops my CR is above 150 by a couple points, I'll make a faculty/gimped team for next league and try to teach/help others
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea, I like putting time towards stuff like this Smile

I'm 4 matches in so far with my team: League of the Sinestro Corps

My record is currently 1-1-2

Match #1 (1-0 Win)

First win is against Teenage Mutant Lizard, coached by turtlebros. My team starting off with the Dark Elf, Goblin and 2 big guys in the Minotaur and Ogre. The game had promise of being played in the cold winter for harder GFIs, but the opening kickoff roll cleared it right up.

I receive the first kick but it is not a good opening turn, as a foolish 1d block to a saurus puts my minotaur on the BH and instant turnover before I can properly set-up for the ball. Thankfully the kick is far enough that not much can be done by the scaly defense, so the next turn sees my goblin successfully passing to my delf and the delf blitzing to the line to SI a saurus (-MA).

Here the dice begin to turn quite sour for my opponent as 2 failed attempts to stop my delf are capitalized on and I score quite quickly at turn 4. This unlucky streak does not relent for turtlebros either as more of his bad rolls allow my delf to sack the ball carrier and the skinks simply cannot pick the ball up. I put another saurus on the BH list before the half is up.

Half 2 begins and I'm 1 player short where as my opponent is 3 down. His drive doesn't go too badly overall but I managed to keep the ball carrier pressured up until turn 14. A thrown gobin gets to safety to help defend the loose ball just before a marauder took out the ball carrier close to my endzone. Turn 15 saw only one move from my opponent as another skink went in to pick up the ball and score but the pick up was a failure, instant turnover!

My next turn goes just as poorly as a GFI blitz from a nearby marauder to block the unlucky skink goes belly up. If that wasn't bad enough the skink fails yet again to pick the ball up on turn 16, all under the tackle zone of that crafty goblin. It was only fitting the last scatter saw him pick it up too xD.

I take this 1-0, a true comedy of errors but the more costly ones went to Teenage Mutant Ninja Lizard.

Match #2 (0-1 Loss)

A mirror match-up against the only other Pact team in Season LVI, RDuccio's team: Renegades. No skills yet but this game saw my troll's addition to the lineup to complete my big guy collection and RDuccio's 3 were ready as well.

Opening kickoff sees me receiving and the roll is another weather affecting one, this time turning the pitch dry and arid with the Sweltering Heat roll. I get the early KO on the Renegades' troll but the ref catches my skilless marauder fouling the enemy minotaur for only a stun. Said minotaur eventually comes back and blitzes my own minotaur, crushing his back for a niggling injury. I'm now down 2 players to his 1.

My goblin is the one handling the ball this drive, but a bonehead roll from my ogre sees an opportunity from that notorious minotaur to come in and put a solid hit on my little ball carrier. The scattering roll finds his marauder but I'm quick to hit back, and the drive finds itself a bit messy here with the pick up rolls til' turn 8 in addition to a KO on my delf and one of his marauders.

My last turn of the drive and half sees an opportunity for my goblin to pass to my wide open marauder in scoring position who got a VP last game. The animosity is beat cleanly and a +4 is required to pass, but I fail and roll a 3 which dashes my hopes of scoring for the drive. His ensuing turn lets him knock out one of my marauders and we go to the second half.

Sweltering Heat goes into effect and it swings in my favor. Everyone on my team endures it but 2 of the Renegade marauders succumb to the blistering heat for the drive. However the KO rolls don't go my way as my delf and marauder both stay off the pitch and the Renegade troll awakens. We both field 8 players and yet another weather roll puts the pitch back to normal.

I quickly lose a marauder to the opponent's ogre laying a hard hit, but a miss from his delf player on picking up the ball breathes some life into my defense as I quickly set up to steal the ball away. The delf misses again but I make a mistake of my own on a failed dodge while his ogre continues to put players of mine out, this time BH'ing my goblin.

RDuccio's dark elf finally gets it right and a foul from his marauder sends a player from each of us off the pitch. I quickly strike back but it's the Renegade's goblin that makes the big play to run the ball out of reach from my dwindling player count. (Although his count isn't looking much better).

RDuccio's renegade goblin, named Boomer, would score the only TD in this one. A 1-0 loss for my Sinestro Corps

Match #3 (0-2 loss)

The third match up for this team was against Eldin00 and his humans: Sexy Commandos. This game was...NOT a good game to have big guys to say the least. My minotaur was still out from the game prior but between my remaining 2 and his ogre were record breaking failed boneheads and really stupid rolls and as I watch this replay I am going to take a running tally of every single one.Laughing

Thanks to my minotaur on the DL, I'm a bit behind on the TV so Bomber Dribblesnot and a Merc marauder join me for this one. Still no skills on any of my players yet but Eldin00 has an AG4 blitzer. I am the kicking team on this opener and the kick goes wide for a free catch to one of his "regular" blitzers.

His opening turn has his ball carrier and crew bunched up for a nice shot at a bomb throw for my hired gun (or grenade in this case). The throw goes well and a game of "hot potato" happens between one of his blitzers and my marauder with bomb interceptions. This lil game goes my way as the bomb explodes on his potato holder, unfortunately that's all I get as the other 3 including the ball carrier get away unscathed.

The dreaded 1d skull knocks one of my mauraders out on a failed attack against the ball carrier however and a good handoff with gfi attempts gets one of his lineman to the goal line. An early score by the Sexy Commandos at turn 2, and an all too happy one for them as it sends my bomb chucking ringer to the sin bin. Dem secret weapons eh?

Next kick comes my way and the delf gets to catch a high one. Enter the first of the many duhhhhhs I mentioned earlier, first one going to my ogre. After about 5 from me and 1 from him, my delf gets sacked on turn 5. The scramble for the ball lasts the rest of the drive with my delf missing a pickup in turn 7 and then me making a pointless 1d block with him that gets him KO'd for the rest of the game on turn 8.

2nd half begins and we both field 9 players, the ball coming back to me. Big guys continue to drool. But first the opening kickoff is a pitch invasion that definately doesn't go my way as 3 of mine are stunned to his 1. Kick is shorted so it's a free handoff to my hopeful marauder Karu-Sil.

My drive starts out trying to get the quick score but eventually it's grinded to halt. A marauder gets a SI but thankfully it's the merc and after a few tussles in my own end the ball finds it's way to another of my marauders, Amon Sur. For a shot at the quick score I send him in unprotected pretty far into the Sexy Commando side of the pitch. Meanwhile his ogre is failing harder now than in the 1st half while mine each have 1 so far.

This gamble does not go well as I'm quickly wrestled off the ball, and a good short pass attempt from him puts this game well out of reach at 2-0 on turn 15.

The final tally count for big guy fails wasn't as much as I thought actually but it was still enough, they are as follows:

Slussh (my ogre) - 3 1st half + 1 2nd half = 4 duhhhhs
Schlaggman (my troll) - 3 1st half + 1 2nd half = 4 duhhhhs (all assisted too)
Meso (his ogre) - 3 1st half + 4 2nd half = a whopping 7 duhhhhhhhs

So 8 for me and 7 for him, that's almost an entire half of big guy 1 rolls xD

Will post match #4 another time as I'm a bit tired, hope I'm not making these too long. xD
BillToWin

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Intro

I've played 9 matches so far with my team the Super Mega Epic Ratz .

We've got a 5-1-3 record so far. Since my last post, I've won one match and lost two others.

Matches Recap

Match #7 (2-1)

We played against Scottagain's lizardmen team Hexoatl Hell-raisers and won 2-1. The first half was pure skaven Gutter Runner nonsense, running around the pitch then stalling from turn 5 until turn 8 near the opponent's endzone. Scottagain's team had 5 skinks, by the end of the first half, there were two left. By turn 3 in the second half, there was only one left on the pitch, however he managed to score the turn after in an epic play where my star GR Gurgle busted into the cage near my endzone, strip balled the skink with the ball which then scattered the ball into the crowd who then threw it across the field next to a saurus in scoring range, the saurus picked it up and then scored (if I had ordered my actions better I could have picked the ball up, handed it over then passed it to my GR in scoring range during my turn but I goofed).

After that, I received the ball and burst through the LOS with most of my players and just barely managed to score a TD.

Match #8 (1-2)

Next we played against stodtie's norse team Skeggi Squabblers. We lost 1-2. It was a very tough match, my newly bought rookie thrower died, my star GR Gurgle got an MNG early on by me doing an absurdly dumb and useless GFI, and our players almost got completely wiped off the pitch. It was really hard to defend against stodtie's last two TDs with only 4 players on the pitch. The Norse are monsters, we need to skill up my blitzers to not lose the bashing game.

Match #9 (2-0)

Next we played against The_Carthaginian's dark elf team RagsToWitches (best team theme ever, Boondocks for those not in the know) and we got wrecked 0-2.

There were many problems with the way I played this match that made it a lot harder then it needed to be (possibly because The_Carthaginian's perfect win record was intimidating). Firstly, going into the match without my star GR Gurgle was a big problem. Secondly, not having tackle on anyone was another big problem because the players on RagsToWitches have got a lot of blodge/wrodge. Thirdly, I forgot to tag the players on the field at the start of the match because I derped (I think I'll make it a habit to do my marking first before going through the inducement stage for every match I play in the future). Fourthly, I left my guard linerat on the bench starting the first half. Fifthly, we induced Fezglitch (the ball and chain star player) which was maybe a bad choice but I was excited to try him out, I moved him into dark elf linemen bringing all three on the LOS down with one being knocked out, and then I was so excited about him that I did a GFI to get into an annoying position which he then failed and got knocked out (100k inducement cash down the drain).

The defining aspect of the match for me was the fact that the ball carrier on either team usually ended their turn in multiple tackle zones which was exciting, it was a very tight (literally) match.

An exciting play happened in the second half on my turn 3, whereby I surfed a witch carrying the ball (The_Carthaginian made a mistake choosing block instead of blitz in the previous turn and ended his turn with his witch on the sideline), the ball was thrown back onto the pitch by the crowd right on top of the other witch (who was in the middle of a bunch of players and two tackle zones from my players) who then proceeded to catch it.

Conclusion
I'm losing the bash game because my blitzers aren't getting enough spps because my GRs are hogging too much of the spps. I'll be trying to fix that in the future by scoring with blitzers, if possible, and using the Mighty Blow blitzer I have right now as much as possible.

TL;DR: 5-1-3 record so far (so 1 win and 2 more losses since my last post), skinks are squishy, skaven are squishy, my GRs are hogging the spps, I need to feed my blitzers more spps because I'm losing the bash battles really hard
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Match #4 1-1 Draw

4th match-up for the Sinestro Corps sees the big bad greenskins, Orc Lordz coached by huysmans. My minotaur is back and ready to gore along with an MVP'd troll having Guard as my first skill taken for the team and a new addition in the Skaven Renegade.

I receive this opening half while the FAME factor lets my opponent have another re-roll on Brilliant Coaching. My trusty delf runs the ball down the pitch in good form with solid protection from the line as a solid shot from the deadly Karu-Sil leaves one of the orc blitzers with a broken neck (-AG) on turn 4.

My delf finds good field position and protection from my diverse player pool to get a good stall going for a late half score. This stall however sees a few more injuries on my side of things, with my brand new Skaven getting killed in the process (still currently without Apo atm). I score on turn 7 as I'm not too keen on seeing the orcs do more of what they do best to warrant another turn.

However on the following kick my minotaur gets a kill of his own on turn 8, a rather puzzled orky lineman. This however does have Apo support and the fortunate lineman lives to fight again!

2nd half begins and both sides have a full team on the pitch. I am fortunate to get Perfect D Fence on this kickoff and shift my players accordingly, scoring a very short kick in the process. The pickup goes my way as the scatter roll lets it find one of his out of place lineorcs for a turnover.

The follow up to this doesn't go my way however as I chose my minotaur to blitz a nearby black orc and follow up. The blitz is good but the GFI to move on the ball carrier afterwards fails and loner bites me hard on that one.

The drive swings to the Orc Lordz favor for the rest of the half, a throw teammate is initiated by my ogre to try and hit the ball carrier with a goblin missile, but unfortunately the ogre bone-head's so it's a no go.

A few desperate attempts are made for a last minute sack to at least discourage the stall, mostly by the delf but this one was meant to be a draw. Marauder (Maash) will be missing next game and the Minotaur gets hammered once again for a 2nd niggling injury before the game is done and this leaves me more uncertain about his early retirement.

This one goes in the books as a 1-1 draw game, and I'm actually quite good with that result Smile
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,

I've played 7 games against so far (and developed a bit of a reputation in the process!). Here are my match reports. Big thanks to all my opponents for being good sports and lots of fun to play against and chat with, even when things weren't going their way. I've had a hell of a lot of good luck in my first few matches, and as BillToWin mentioned above, I think my winning streak is giving me an unfair psychological advantage - rest assured that my CR and win percentage in Ranked and Blackbox tell a different story, and I spend most of my matches praying you won't notice the gaps in my defences!

If my streak turns out to be more than just a fluke, then I'll explore other options for continuing in the league, like BilltoWin, above.

Looking forward to playing with you all more in the coming weeks. Smile

1) St. Andrews Stunners (Amazon), Coastiecraig - 2-0

We received first, and went for a bashy start - with low AV, perhaps we could reduce some numbers early on and take an advantage. A brawl ensued, in which the Amazons' Dodge (and Blodge) served them well. My ball carrier was screened off and eventually I got my break; a KO and a crowdsurf in turn 3. The Amazons stayed in the brawl, attempting to base my ball carrier and suffered another crowdsurf for their trouble, as well as a fatality - the result of a skull in an ill-fated 1d block against one of my linemen. With the 'Zons down 4 players, my linemen made a break in turn 6, while the rest of the team continued bashing. With limited options, in turn 6 Coastiecraig sent a brave thrower in a half-die blitz against my ball carrier lineman, who was flanked by two colleagues - with no re-rolls remaining, the thrower suffered a knockdown (but no injury), and after some stalling, Rags to Witches were able to score.

At the start of the second half, St. Andrews Stunners were 2 players down (1 death, 1 banning for foul), leaving them with 10 players. I also had 10, as Blitzer Colonel H Stinkmeaner had suffered a KO and wasn't ready to return. I kicked deep, and the 'Zons started the 2nd half swinging - the Reverend Rollo Goodlove suffered a -MA at the hands of Betty. It would not be the end of his suffering. With the Stunners deep in their own half collecting the ball, Rags to Witches consolidated their defence, making some ineffectual blocks and forming into loose lines and columns to block the 'Zons' approach. Another brawl ensued, with both teams locked at the lower side of the pitch, near the wide zone. Rags to Witches took a risk, and left the very edge of the widezone unmarked, in favour of covering more of the LOS. The Stunners saw the opportunity and ran the ball through, Catcher Hevalumps leading the way, followed by ball carrier Choochie. Clairabell brought up the rear with a half-die blitz that was meant to clear a blitzer out of the way, but ended in a skull. Rags to Witches surrounded this vanguard, and counterblitzed the ball carrier, enabling Uncle Ruckus to recover the ball. Rags to Witches were spread in a crescent in their half, with the Amazons' three-player vanguard screened off. However, that left 6 more Zons', with just three players between them and our ball carrier at the start of the Stunners' turn 6. Hevalumps moved into the Rags' end zone, ready for a pass that would equalise the scores. Baba attempted a dodge through the line to blitz the ball carrier, and with a reroll scored a pow - however, the loose screen was still in place, and Baba failed a dodge attempting to reach the ball, suffering a smashed collarbone and a turnover, with most of the Stunners' still out of position. R2W recovered the ball, handing off to ABNS, who ran deep into their end zone, and scored in T7.

2) Hexoatl Hell-raisers (Lizardman), Scottagain - 2-0

I have a lot of difficulty playing lizardmen. 6 Saurus and a Krox is a lot of bash for a rookie Elf team to handle, and skinks are often too nippy to catch.

Receiving first, we dropped the ball during what was, in retrospect, an unnecessary hand off near the LOS. One of HHR's skinks nipped in past our players, recovered the ball, and handed it off to a fellow skink, in the middle of a nascent Lizardman cage. Disaster. This was meant to be our drive, and in turn 1 they had the ball, in a cage, on the LOS! A failed 2d block, resulting in a fractured skull on a Saurus was some consolation, though. The next few turns consisted of the ball carrier skink shuttling from one side of the pitch to the other, between Saurus cages, while we tried our best to maintain defensive columns - if they got any closer to our end zone, that skink would nip out and score in a flash! We took a risk, and blocking the Krox away from the cage corner, made room to blitz the skink ball carrier, who was badly hurt...however, the ball bounced straight into the arms of one of its Saurus bodyguard. R2W focused on blocking HHR's advance, while eliminating skinks - another was badly hurt as the result as the result of a foul. In return, Thugnificent took a block from a Saurus and was badly hurt too. The first half ended 0-0.

HHR were left with 5 Saurus, 1 Krox and 2 skinks in the second half, while R2W had 3 blitzers and 7 linemen. With few skinks, it would be much more challenging for HHR to score, but a few damaging blocks could change that. It was HHR's turn to drop the ball at the LOS following the kickoff, which R2W collected and screened off. HHR bashed their way through the screen, but only the skinks were quick enough to reach Colonel H Stinkmeaner at their end zone, and they weren't strong enough to stop him from scoring in turn 4.

The next kickoff resulted in a touchback for HHR, who gave the ball to a skink at the very front of their widezone. A both down result following a block by Xu the Krox on the LOS brought a very untimely turnover - as said skink was unprotected, and holding the ball. R2W saw the opportunity, and blitzed through to leave the ball screened off on the pitch by the sideline. HHR dashed a skink through to recover the ball and pass it to safety, but the pass failed, and the skink was rewarded for his bravery with a crowdsurf and being badly hurt. Colonel H Stinkmeaner collected the ball, and ran through for a TD in turn 8, while the remaining Saurus bashed whatever they could find.

3) Pestilences De Zregg (Nurgle), giltiar - 2-0

Chaos are another team I don't like facing - S4 blitzes from beastmen in all directions, and with Nurgle, added tentacle shenanigans.

In the first half, PDZ kicked short and the ball landed on the LOS. R2W tried to dodge back while keeping tackle zones on the ball, but were quickly embroiled in a brawl they did not have the advantage in. Reverend Rollo Goodlove was killed, and subsequently raised as a rotter for PDZ, doomed to live out eternity receiving all kinds of STDs and playing Blood Bowl for a team he never signed up with. PDZ surrounded the ball and began pressing their way forward, square by square. Two rotters suffered casualties and left the match, which lifted some of the pressure. PDZ dropped the ball when attempting to pick up, and it was caught by Bugariaansh, their terrifying Beast of Nurgle. I didn't like the idea of that thing holding onto the ball and spending the next 6 turns slithering inexorably and unstoppably toward our end zone, so brought in some assists and attempted a 1d blitz, which ended in a KO - hooray! A Nurgle Warrior suffered a BH, and with the numerical advantage, R2W were able to press forward into PDZ's half, scoring in turn 8. In their turn 8, the last turn of the half, PDZ brought the bash against our LOS, and BH a lineman, and KO's another.

At the start of the second half, R2W had suffered one fatality, 1 BH and 2 KOs - starting with 7 players on the pitch. PDZ had 2 seriously hurt rotters, but 9 players to return, including the Beast, and all 4 chaos warriors. R2W set up in a defensive asymmetric formation, but Thugnificent was on the front line, and was BH following kickoff, and then it was 6 v 9. PDZ dropped the ball in their wide zone, and three blitzers were able to dodge and bash their way through to collect the ball, and run it deep into PDZ's half. PDZ were too slow to catch the ball carrier, but not too slow to KO another blitzer. In turn 4, Pestigors were breathing down the ball carrier's neck, and the two remaining DE blitzers risked a handoff to secure a TD and a level-up for A Blitzer Named Slickback.

But, at the next kick off, we were still down to 5 players on the pitch, and PDZ still had 9. With 4 turns left in the half, PDZ could potentially equalise, if they played their cards right. PDZ collected the ball folloing the kick, surrounded the remaining Dark Elves on the LOS, and began pressing forward. However, they left their ball carrier alone in their half. A Blitzer Named Slickback (yes, you do have to say the whole thing) was able to dodge away from the scrum into their half for a 1d blitz, and scored a knockdown against the ball carrier. The remaining R2W members, seeing their cue, dodged out of contact with all PDZ team members, screening off the ball where they could, and leaving PDZ behind in the R2W half. In the next few turns R2W lost the ball, PDZ's ball carrier got up and recovered the ball, and attempted a pass into R2W's half, but it wasn't to be, and PDZ were denied their TD. The game ended 2-0, in R2W's favour, and it's another example of my tremendous luck that the only permanent casualty in this game was an already -MA'd lineman.

4) Crooning Coroners (Skaven), Bone - 2-1

Our next match was against Bone's Skaven, and I think it's important to point out two important advantages I now had. Uncle Ruckus (No Relation) had acquired the Guard skill, making him a very useful floating assist. We also had our first Witch Elf, Flo'nominal. Consequently, our TV was beginning to edge away from the competition. In contrast, Bone's team were still relatively inexperienced. They had 12 players, but few level ups between them.

We received and had a staggering first turn - two BH and one KO Skaven, and Bone was at a serious disadvantage for the rest of the half. Bone never gave up trying to dispossess the ball carrier and put up a serious fight (and was a true gentleperson throughout), but at such a numerical disadvantage the rerolls soon run out. A few more skaven were KO'd, BH'd and surfed, and R2W scored in turn 8 after a long stall.

CC started the half with 3 players out (3 BH), while R2W still had their full starting complement (for once!). CC received the kick off and made a deep run into R2W's half - their vanguard was quickly surrounded by columns of Dark Elves, but I formed too tight a formation, and his GR was able to backtrack, outflank them, and pass to a fellow GR who scored; a comfortable 2TTD.

However, this did mean it was R2W's turn to receive, and CC were still at a serious disadvantage. Bone's GR's were a hurricane trying to get the ball from us, but eventually the KO's began to accumulate again, and R2W had too much control over the pitch and scored again after a protracted bash-stall.

I can't fault Bone's playing in this match. I don't know what I would have done differently, and it was just rotten (or good?) luck that meant that this match went my way.

5) Sexy Commandos (Human), Eldin00 - 3-1

Next up were the Eldin's sexy, Sexy, Commandos. Humans are another team I struggle against. They tend to do everything Dark Elves do well, just as well, and with greater numbers or an Ogre on their side to boot. Again, however, there was a large TV disaparity between our teams, and I think our greater skills (and lack of skills on the Commandos) was a major factor in the outcome.

My fear was that the Commandos would bash us down, with their blitzers and ogre, but Elgin set up quite conservatively, with just three players on the LOS. As R2W attempted to outflank them, their hired wizard spotted an opportunity - three DE linemen in a row, one of whom had the ball, and a fourth in close proximity. A fireball was released, and although the ball carrier was safe, Rick James was frazzled; R2W's strict policy on apothecaries (treatment is typically reserved for blitzer noblemen and followers of Khaine only), coupled with it only being turn 2 of a match against a bashy team, meant he was denied treatment. Such is the way of the Druchii.

The ball exchanged hands several times over the course of the next 6 turns, but remained in a scrum in the middle of the pitch near the lower sideline. R2W suffered some KO's, but Uncle Ruckus' Guard, enabled R2W to begin turning the tide in the scrum; A Blitzer Named Slickback made a break with the ball, while most of the Sexy Commandos were tied up by the sideline, some being crowdsurfed. A blitz by Fuumin of the Commandos led to ABNS being pushed into the Commandos' end zone to score.

At the start of the second half, R2W were 4 players down to 7 (2 KO, 1 BH, 1 Killed), while the Commandos still had 10. A quick KO reduced R2W to 6, and cheeky foul on Meso the ogre (resulting in a stun) lead to a sending off, making it 5. The Commandos formed a cage, and although it was slightly battered by blitzers, they were able to score in turn 3 of the second half, making it 1-all.

A KO recovery brought R2W up to 6 players...vs 10, including an ogre. Things were looking shaky. After the kick off, R2W recovered the ball and retreated into their own half, forming a deep V. My only chance was to keep the ball away, at all cosrs, to prevent the Commandos from blitzing Charlie Murphy, our ball carrier, who was at the apex of the V. Unfortunately, Charlie Murphy wasn't quite out of reach, and Eldin set up an assist for a blitz...which fortunately failed due to a double 1 when going for it during the blitz. Once again, an opponent of mine had suffered a massively unfortunate turnover while out of position. A few dodges and a hand off later, and Colonel H Stinkmeaner had possession of the ball in the Commandos' half, behind a very loose screen. The Commandos were out of rerolls, and unable to stop R2W's second TD in turn 6.

A few more Dark Elves recovered from their KOs, and as a result were able to take the fight to the Commandos again, following a deep kick. The Commandos attempted a pass into R2W's half, but it was missed, recovered by R2W and sent with a cheeky pass back to Gin Rummy, who was waiting just within reach of the Commandos end zone, resulting in a third touchdown for R2W in the very last turn of the game. Eldin could have forced a draw, but bravely went for the win, and unfortunately it didn't pay off.

6) Mount Raven Falcons (Elf), Bloodfeast - 2-1

Finally, another Elf team! A devastating pitch invasion at the first kick off put 8 of BF's players down in the first turn - what a gift! - and R2W pressed into MRF's half with the ball, through the centre of the pitch. Several brawls erupted in MRF's end of the pitch, with the ball steadily edging towards their endzone. Although R2W didn't achieve a numerical advantage as I hoped, they were still able to outbash MRF, thanks to Guard and Blodge. There was a heart-stopping moment in turn 7, when Fariv of MRF pinched the ball - Colonel H Stinkmeaner knocked him down, only for it to bounce to Balain Coldeye, who in turn was also knocked down, leaving the ball on the pitch for Flonominal to collect, and score in turn 7.

The match was being played under extremely hot conditions, and between the injuries of the first half so far (R2W: 1 smashed hand and 1 sending off, MRF: 1 BH and 1 broken jaw) and heat exhaustion, R2W had just 6 players on the pitch, while MRF had 8. MRF, having run out of rerolls, failed to pick up the ball in turn 7, scuppering their chances of equalising before the end of the first half.

Most players recovered from heatstroke at the start of the second half, giving R2W 8 players, and MRF 9 as the weather cooled to more pleasant levels. MRF attempted a two-pronged approach to outflank R2W and receive a pass, but when R2W marked their players, effortlessly switched to form a cage near the line of scrimmage, in front of which R2W formed columns. However, a single catcher remained in R2W's half, and was able to receive a pass from the cage to scare an equalising TD.

R2W were outnumbered, 8 v 10,and after kick off, pressed into MRF's left-hand wide zone. A classic R2W brawl ensued, with much crowdsurfing and guard-assisted bashing, which was concluded in turn 8 when Flo'nominal took the ball into the MRF's end zone to score a winning TD.

7) Super Mega Epic Ratz (Skaven), BillToWin - 2-0

I was extremely excited when BTW recognised my players' names - clearly a scholar and a gentleperson. I set up three linemen next to each other on the LOS and then realised with horror that he had hired some kind of Skaven fanatic with a ball and chain with his inducement money. This star player knocked down 2/3rds of my LOS, and knocked out a player, before going for it to threaten my second line of blitzers and WE, before politely failing a GFI roll and knocking himself out - that was a real relief!

As a consequence of this early turnover, R2W were able to base most of the Skaven and set up another one of their infamous brawls. The crowdsurfs, KOs and BHs began to accumulate, and although Gin Rummy of R2W was killed in the process, R2W retained a numerical advantage and took possession. R2W commenced another long bash-stall, knocking out gradually more and more Skaven, before scoring in turn 8.

Most Skaven KO's recovered at half time, and both teams started with 9 players each. R2W were receiving, but SMER took the initiative with a blitz and placed 5 players under or near the kick, with Smooth Criminal the Gutter Runner catching the ball. R2W surrounded the cluster of Skaven and with a few lucky blocks were able to recover the ball. As noted by BTW in his post above, I got excited by a crowdsurf, and forgot to declare a blitz with the rookie Witch Elf doing the blocking, leaving her holding the ball by the sidelines - she in turn was surfed, but the crowd kindly passed the ball to my Flo'nominal, back in the scrum.

With a few more good blocks and crowdsurfs, R2W were able to consolidate their numerical advantage. Flo'nominal broke from the scrum to press forward, and while harassed by SMER's Gutter Runners, a combination of low strength and bad luck meant she retained possession while drawing the GR's back into the scrum, before moving towards SMER's end zone, scoring in turn 8 to make the final score 2-0.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2016 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Some great match reports! I love bluegill's forum avatar!
BillToWin

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2016 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Intro

I've played 11 matches so far with my team the Super Mega Epic Ratz .

We've got a 6-2-3 record so far. Since my last post, I've won one match and drawn in another.

Matches Recap

Match #9 (4-0)

We played against Bluegill87's chaos pact team League of the Sinestro Corps and won 4-0.

The match started off with LSC receiving with a ton of players on the LOS and only three players in the back field, we got a perfect defense kickoff result to start off which allowed us to spread our rats around the sides in preparation to move as many rats as possible to pressure the ball carrier, Sinestro. LSC advanced the cage toward our endzone only to have the rats surround the cage and blitz a cage-player off the cage and thus applying a tackle zone to the ball carrier with our blitzer Mini Monster. The turn after LSC chose to not block/blitz off Mini Monster but instead dodge away with Sinestro, however snakes were rolled and he fell down. Our big hand / block GR Fult Mitten ran to the ball, picked it up with ease in two tackle zones. Our other players screened him effectively and then on the next turn Fult dodge out of some pressure, handed over the ball to Mini Monster and then Mini Monster ran it into the endzone scoring our first TD of the match.

LSC received again on their turn 4 in the first half, the ball was kicked short. LSC started throwing some blocks and then partially screening Sinestro, who once again was carrying the ball. Mini Monster blitzed a hole in their defenses allowing us to apply multiple tackle zones onto Sinestro once again. Lo and behold, Sinestro dodged out, rolled a one and without any rerolls was fated to fall flat on his face once again. The ball was out in the open and thus Skulk Molder our +MA GR ran to it, picked it up and blasted through going right next to the endzone with the guidance of Mini Monster. Then, we gave Mini Monster an assist so that he could blitz himself into the endzone and be open to receive a handover from Skulk Molder to score another TD because as we saw in my last post my blitzer really do need the SPPs. Guess what? That's exactly what happened.

We received in the second half. One of our linos was badly hurt by a thrown rock. The ball was kicked short (near the LOS) and LSC placed most of their players far back in his zone allowing us to create a formation of players that sort of looked and acted like a screen as well as get GR Smooth Criminal in range of a TD. Next turn, we freed up Smooth Criminal with a blitz and our GR Fult Mitten handed the ball over to him getting a two turn TD. I don't think a stall was appropriate here because at 3-0 most teams would be hard pressed to score 3 or 4 TDs in 7 turns, thus scoring secured me the win.

LSC received and the ball was kicked super far next to their endzone. LSC used Bomber Dribblesnot early in their turn, causing an early turnover before the pickup, allowing our rats to move toward the ball as well as secure our own back field to prevent crazy pass action going down. LSC managed to bring the ball all the way to the LOS with a handover to Sinestro and a pass to LSC's goblin Try-Eye, however he was protected by a sort of sideline cage in the middle of the field which, for obvious reasons, wasn't ideal. Our GR Fult Mitten (Block, big hand) dove into the pseudo-cage and smacked Try-Eye in the face with a -2D getting a push back into two line rats and followed up so the pressure was on. Another line rat came in to apply another tackle zone onto Try-Eye. During LSC's turn, GFI snakes stopped the turn early allowing our rats to smash Try-Eye, pick up the ball in a tackle zone, pass to our star GR Gurgle in TD range and allowing Gurgle to score a TD.

Then four turns of LOS blocking ensued, but nothing super interesting happened so we'll skip that.

In the end, Mini Monster, our blitzer with MB, was the real star of the show. Mini got 2 TDs, got MVP and then to top it all off he rolled doubles granting him access to claw. Not bad.

Match #10 (1-1)

Next we played against Bloodfeast's pro elf team the Mount Raven Falcons. We drew 1-1.

I should have won 2-1, I played poorly. No comment.

JK

We received, got the ball, then we did an 8 turn stall and scored. All this was made easier by some good casualties as well as some good foul results. 2 ez ratz 2 stronk

Actually, I'm lying. Most of the time the ball was just chilling on the ground instead in a player's hands. It was a tough first half but we did manage to score in the end.

We kicked in the second half, MRF scored a TD in 2 turns.

We received, got the ball, eventually burst through into the endzone with a lot of players and started to stall. However, I stalled for too long and MRF were able to stop me from scoring on turn 8.

Of note, is Mini Monster's killing of Ganx, a rookie lino, who previously in the match got fouled, got BD or MNG and had been apo'd as a result, I presume due to the number of players on MRF decreasing too rapidly for Bloodfeast's taste.

Mini Monster is growing into the man his father Maxi Monster had always wanted him to be. Be proud, Mini Monster, you were a blitzer who was lacking SPPs and now you're getting SPPs, and you're killing elves on the pitch and you have become a beacon of light in a sea of darkness and I don't know what else say.

Conclusion
In my last post, I noted that my blitzers weren't getting enough SPPs. I took charge of fixing that and Nuffle heard my plea, and now Mini Monster is a monster and everyone should and will be afraid.

TL;DR: 6-2-3 record so far (so 1 win and 1 draw since my last post), blitzers are getting SPPs especially Mini Monster who got 2TDs, an MVP, some cas and as a result now has MB and Claw making him a true monster
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2016 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

BillToWin wrote:

Match #9 (4-0)

We played against Bluegill87's chaos pact team League of the Sinestro Corps and won 4-0.

The match started off with LSC receiving with a ton of players on the LOS and only three players in the back field, we got a perfect defense kickoff result to start off which allowed us to spread our rats around the sides in preparation to move as many rats as possible to pressure the ball carrier, Sinestro. LSC advanced the cage toward our endzone only to have the rats surround the cage and blitz a cage-player off the cage and thus applying a tackle zone to the ball carrier with our blitzer Mini Monster. The turn after LSC chose to not block/blitz off Mini Monster but instead dodge away with Sinestro, however snakes were rolled and he fell down. Our big hand / block GR Fult Mitten ran to the ball, picked it up with ease in two tackle zones. Our other players screened him effectively and then on the next turn Fult dodge out of some pressure, handed over the ball to Mini Monster and then Mini Monster ran it into the endzone scoring our first TD of the match.

LSC received again on their turn 4 in the first half, the ball was kicked short. LSC started throwing some blocks and then partially screening Sinestro, who once again was carrying the ball. Mini Monster blitzed a hole in their defenses allowing us to apply multiple tackle zones onto Sinestro once again. Lo and behold, Sinestro dodged out, rolled a one and without any rerolls was fated to fall flat on his face once again. The ball was out in the open and thus Skulk Molder our +MA GR ran to it, picked it up and blasted through going right next to the endzone with the guidance of Mini Monster. Then, we gave Mini Monster an assist so that he could blitz himself into the endzone and be open to receive a handover from Skulk Molder to score another TD because as we saw in my last post my blitzer really do need the SPPs. Guess what? That's exactly what happened.

We received in the second half. One of our linos was badly hurt by a thrown rock. The ball was kicked short (near the LOS) and LSC placed most of their players far back in his zone allowing us to create a formation of players that sort of looked and acted like a screen as well as get GR Smooth Criminal in range of a TD. Next turn, we freed up Smooth Criminal with a blitz and our GR Fult Mitten handed the ball over to him getting a two turn TD. I don't think a stall was appropriate here because at 3-0 most teams would be hard pressed to score 3 or 4 TDs in 7 turns, thus scoring secured me the win.

LSC received and the ball was kicked super far next to their endzone. LSC used Bomber Dribblesnot early in their turn, causing an early turnover before the pickup, allowing our rats to move toward the ball as well as secure our own back field to prevent crazy pass action going down. LSC managed to bring the ball all the way to the LOS with a handover to Sinestro and a pass to LSC's goblin Try-Eye, however he was protected by a sort of sideline cage in the middle of the field which, for obvious reasons, wasn't ideal. Our GR Fult Mitten (Block, big hand) dove into the pseudo-cage and smacked Try-Eye in the face with a -2D getting a push back into two line rats and followed up so the pressure was on. Another line rat came in to apply another tackle zone onto Try-Eye. During LSC's turn, GFI snakes stopped the turn early allowing our rats to smash Try-Eye, pick up the ball in a tackle zone, pass to our star GR Gurgle in TD range and allowing Gurgle to score a TD.

Then four turns of LOS blocking ensued, but nothing super interesting happened so we'll skip that.

In the end, Mini Monster, our blitzer with MB, was the real star of the show. Mini got 2 TDs, got MVP and then to top it all off he rolled doubles granting him access to claw. Not bad.

Great report BtW Very Happy , think that about covers it and I'll consider this one my Match #5 instead of writing out how badly my team played xD.

My title for that one would be: "The great rise of Mini Monster and the epic, epic failure of Sinestro"

harvestmouse wrote:
Some great match reports! I love bluegill's forum avatar!

Hey thanks, I am da fishiest coach after all

><(((ยบ>

Last edited by Bluegill87 on Jan 07, 2016 - 22:44; edited 1 time in total
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2016 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

8) Skeggi Squabblers (Norse), stodtie - 1-2

Well, it had to happen eventually! Setting up for the game, I noticed that stodtie's Norse had some impressive skills and stats - 10/13 players with block, 2 with S5, and 2 with S4, and a liberal scattering of frenzy, tackle and guard. This would not go well.

R2W received first, and managed a quick KO of the S5 Ulfwerener. 1 down, and three to go. We attempted our usual approach of attempting to pick off the most vulnerable team members, but Stodtie's Norse pushed back just as hard. The ref noticed an unsuccessful foul against Venjo the Snow Troll, and our slight numerical advantage was lost. A BH on Colonel H Stinkmeaner compounded the problem, and we began edging back into our own half. More and more Norse were basing Dark Elves each turn. In T6, with most of the players bunched near the sideline on R2W's left flank, The Jolly Wrodger made a break with the ball to the other side of the pitch - it was a tall order, with M7 Norse runners to contend with, but R2W just had the initiative, and TJW ran the ball into the Norse end zone for a turn 8 TD. I dared to hope that I would retain my winning streak.

Skeggi Squabblers got away with a foul in their turn 8 of the first half, BH'ing a lineman. At the start of half 2, R2W had two BH players and one sent off, leaving just 8 on the pitch against a full team of 11 (with 2 more healthy players in reserve). We'd faced greater numerical odds before and come out on top, but we'd never been so out-strengthed before, even with our mobile guard Uncle Ruckus.

SS received the ball following a touchback, gave it to an Ulfwerener to keep safe, and commenced bashing. Each turn, R2W attempted to form columns and move out of contact, but each turn ended with some DE players based. SS's greater numbers and strength meant they kept overwhelming R2W's lines and pressing forward, forcing R2W to retreat and reform. Macktastic the lineman made an ambitious half die block against the Ulfwerener carrying the ball, but could only manage a double push. The Ulfwerener responded with a Pow (resulting in a BH), and made a break for the end zone. The Norse line was becoming more and more stretched, and the Jolly Wrodger managed to get a both down result on the ball carrier in turn 3, releasing the ball 7 squares from R2W's end zone. SS enjoyed a round of consolidated bashing, before collecting the ball and handing it off to Snaekol, who promptly scored.

R2W were now 4 players down, against SS's full complement. Being so out-powered, we tried our other strategy - play keep-away until a gap opened up that we could take advantage of. The Jolly Wrodger had the ball, and moved deeper towards the right wide zone near R2W's end zone. With any luck, this would draw the Norse into an overextended position. The play worked, and SS drew closer, bashing along the way. A Blitzer Named Slickback lurked near the clear left flank, marked by an Ulfwerener, and The Jolly Wrodger ran to hand-off the ball to him. Had he caught the ball, he could have sprinted to the LOS and attempted to outrun the Norse to score, or at least force a draw.

However, disaster struck, and he fumbled the catch, despite using a reroll. Would ABNS and TJW marking the square with the ball be enough to keep it from being picked up? Long story short, no. They blocked and blitzed my players away, and despite fumbling, had enough time and space to pick up the ball in turn 8 and score.

So what went wrong? At the time of the match I was quite critical of myself, and I also thought that Stodtie could have been a bit more aggressive. However, watching the replay I don't think that's quite fair. One of Stodtie's vulnerabilities was that his high-strength players didn't have block, and he avoided the classic "Saurus trap" of assuming that 2d without block is a safe bet. The other vulnerability was that many of the Norse players only have AV7. However, by keeping his big players up, he made sure I couldn't get the 2d blocks against them that I needed to begin causing KOs and casualties, and preserved his own bashing capability. In retrospect, I probably should have stopped wasting rerolls on trying to win the bashy game and not tried to foul, and focussed more on outmaneuvering the Squabblers.

9) Regenades (Chaos Pact), RDuccio 1-1

Tonight's match was against RDuccio's Chaos Pact team. I love Chaos Pact, but know that they can be unreliable. If I could neutralise key players of his, notably an S4 skaven with AV6, and a blodging Dark Elf (how dare he!), then I would have a shot.

RDuccio took on Ugroth, the chainsaw-wielding Orc with his inducement money, and elected to receive after winning the toss. R2W kicked deep, and seized the initiative while the ball was still in the air with a blitz. Kaos the S4 Skaven was knocked down and marked on R2W's left flank, while Colonel H Stinkmeaner moved into their half - if they fumbled the ball, or left their ball carrier vulnerable he would be there to strike, with Dodge, Tackle and Block. The Renegades(sp?) retreated, forming a cage deep in their half, and R2W advanced. Flo'nominal dropped back towards R2W's end zone, in case of shenanigans.

Ugroth failed a GFI and kindly knocked himself out (ending his involvement in the match), and R2W closed around the cage. Things were looking good. However, their race-betraying Dark Elf Spade broke from the cage, passed the ball over a cluster of Dark Elves, who were looking the wrong way and failed to intercept, to Kaos, who ran deep into R2W's end zone. Flonominal made a 1d blitz against him with an assist from Gangstalicious, but rolled a skull, which was rerolled into another skull. Kaos blitzed Gangstalicious away, and ran comfortably into R2W's end zone to score the first TD of the match, in T5 of the first half. In the remaining turns of the first half, R2W were unable to punch their way through The Renegades' columns, and ran out of time.

A pitch invasion at the start of the second half stunned 6 Dark Elves and just one Renegade - a poor start. R2W retreated into their half to retain the ball while the team recovered, and then formed columns. The Renegades did the same, but R2W succeeded in disrupting their formation with a blitz, and began encroaching on their right-hand flank with the ball in possession. Flonominal dodged through columns on the other side of the pitch, ready to receive a pass behind the Renegades' battle line.

The Renegades fought back hard, but suffered a turnover when their goblin failed a dodge, leaving a gap for R2W's blitzers to advance a few steps forward on the right flank. While trying to consolidate this vanguard, Flonominal also failed a dodge, and it was the Renegades' turn to roll a double skull when 1d-blitzing our ball carrier in response. This gave Colonel H Stinkmeaner the space to dash through their line and form a cage in the centre of the Renegages' half. The Renegades bashed hard, knocked down the Colonel and marked the ball, but it wasn't enough. A crowdsurf and a BH on the goblin earlier earlier had reduced their numbers, and so R2W were able to clear the ball and pass it to Flonominal, who ran in to equalise in turn 6. There wasn't enough time for the Renegades to score in the face of a stall by R2W, nor did R2W have a hope of retrieving the ball and scoring before the end of the match.
BillToWin

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2016 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have liked to have read your perspective on our match Bluegill87 Wink. I look forward to reading the match reports for your next matches.

Your match reports are great The_Carthaginian. I stole some of your tricks for my own match reports like using acronyms for team names Wink. I look forward to reading more of your match reports as well.
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2016 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Bill! I'm glad you enjoy them and will keep them coming! Hopefully now that there are fewer games to play, I'll be able to spend a bit more time on each one and make them a bit more interesting, and reflective.

I enjoy yours too, as well as everyone else's here. Participating in a league where you get to know the other teams and coaches is such a great experience, exactly what I was looking for from League play. Smile
 Jump to: