45 coaches online • Server time: 15:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v stunty (...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A bit of theory bowl here.

I'm playing an experimental Vampire roster. Which basically consists of a very good vampire type (that does have to bite) and zombies and thralls as equal linemen.

After the second game I gained my first 3 skills. One of the vamps and one each on a Zombie and a Thrall.

The Zombie rolled +ST, so it took the decision away from me.

However, which would you give DP to, A Thrall or a Zombie. Remembering they're equally priced.

*Thralls have better agility and movement.
*The vamps may have to feed off of thralls, and are more important to the team than normal vamps.
*Zombies have higher AV and regen.

I'm thinking zombies for DPs, but have I missed something? Although with AV7 it's better to hit before you get hit.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... interesting. I assume you may have 0-16 thralls and 0-16 zombies? I think that while the thralls are better at getting a foul in, their importance to the team is too great to waste them on the ref (unless you're regularly in possession of bribes). The usual format for this team would be 3 LoS zombies, I take it?

Once you have pro on most/all of the vamps (theorybowl, remember), getting thrall dp might be more worth it again, as you should be biting fewer of them.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok yeah sorry there are a few other factors. I play with the Eye. So although there is the cheap fouling option, getting into a foul war is really not an option, with these uber vamps (2 only).

So fouling will only be if they can get it in first, or against teams that won't foul back. However pretty much any team is going to take an opportunity at kicking one of these vamps if they do go down.

LoS will indeed be all zombies. The team will have 16 players, and will also eventually have 8 RRs (TV is only calculated on winnings, not for match making or inducements). So as there are only 2 Vamps and eventually 8 RRs, pro isn't that much of a priority over dodge ( they come with block).

So I see them as a mediumish fouling team. Cheap throw away players, but will absolutely avoid a foul war at any cost.

Whether I can 16 of each........tbh I haven't really decided. I think I really want to aim for 2 Vamps, and 7 each of the linos. But I may change that if the need arises. Their first 2 games have been pretty disappointing. 4 normal vamps are more effective due to the gazing.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %26, %2015 - %13:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 13:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i disagree. zombies with regen and av8 are suprisingly good at staying on the pitch. so should be used for man marking and grunt work. The vamps woul dbe the stars and be used for all ball handling the thralls then become assists for the vamps running along with them there ag and ma compliment this. Based on the fact that they will be freeer and more mobile and have no other real use than being there for faile bloodlusts dp sounds like the perfect skill for them.

Im intrested what roster u went with? Think i would have gone heavy on the zombs perosnaly.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well JM are Thralls, so I'm using them as the standard lino.
So I bought just zombies, but skilled a JM thrall with 3 halfling cas so purchased him.
The Zombie was the vp from the first game and picked up a cas in the second. As TV is used just for winnings, +ST was a no brainer. Also the team needs a bit of talent aside from the Vamps if they're to progress.

It was something I never thought about, then when the issue of who gets the DP came up, I thought..........ahhhhhhh who does get the DP?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

This team may not be a fouling team after all. If it would be a CRP fouling, then i would say for sure.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd use the thrall.

Zombiess are better for marking.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

With only 2 vamps, you don't need nearly as many thralls, and using one to foul with would be good.

"tv just used for winnings" Wow, different theorybowl there.

Could you explain the logic of the eye and how this relates to avoiding the foul war (I'm CRP generation)?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see DP being a priority for me with this team. Give the zombies block and use tem on LOS. Given only 2 Vamps (so less biting) I think you could eventually have a thrall DP, although a zombie DP could attract attention which would be good for your vamps and thralls.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I would use the zombies for LOS duty exclusively. With that said i would probably have 4 zombies just to be on the safe side. I would never put DP on the LOS.

What are the statistics of the super vampire?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

thrall

higher movment. you want your dp to be able to get to the victim that round.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2015 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

"tv just used for winnings" Wow, different theorybowl there.

Yes, I use divisions only for match making. Teams that do poorly move down, teams that do well move up. There is no handicapping. Inducements can be bought from the petty cash. However, this gives the opponent equal inducements.

the_Sage wrote:

Could you explain the logic of the eye and how this relates to avoiding the foul war (I'm CRP generation)?

A foul is a 1/6 chance of being caught. You then have a 1/6 chance of arguing your way out of being sent off.

However if you foul, the referee will then be watching your team for it's next foul. This means there is a 3/6 chance of being caught. However, if your opponent fouls (1/6) the referee will then watch his team.

So strategy wise it could mean many things. For a high fouling team, they generally ignored the eye and fouled anyway. For your average elven team, they wouldn't foul. For other teams, they'd weigh up the chances of getting caught compared to using the eye.

You may put in an early foul, have the eye on you, but then have a juicy target come up. Is it worth the 3/6 foul. A foul war would be when both teams ignore the eye and foul freely. Just what this team does not want.

Endzone wrote:
I don't see DP being a priority for me with this team.

Sorry another point, DP is +2 on AV or Inj, not the standard +1. I guess it's not that simple a choice between the 2.

With the eye, it's pretty vital to have at least 1 DP, if only as a deterrent. Yet against Elves, they'll want to foul as long as it doesn't remove the eye from the opponent.

bghandras wrote:
I would use the zombies for LOS duty exclusively. With that said i would probably have 4 zombies just to be on the safe side. I would never put DP on the LOS.

What are the statistics of the super vampire?

Super vamps are Lords minus block and plus Blood Lust.

6 5 4 9 BL, HG, SS

However only 2.

Eventually the roster will have 8 RRs. It will aim for 16 players. I think 7 thralls/7 zombies.

However it's second game it lost to probably the worst team in the league, a halfling team with ogres. They'd killed them with the chef and some rolling up the sleeves and getting stuck in.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. It's good to know it's not a clear cut thing, but with BL being less of a hindrance than normal, thralls are more viable for fouling.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Good team idea. Are you going for 8 rrs just because you can? With 2 Vamps bloodlust wont generally be an every turn issue. Even if not worrying about TV 6rrs is a lot.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, having money to replace the vamps is important. However as TV only affects winnings, there's no reason not to have 8.

Also you're thinking about RRs from a TV competitive environment stand point. How often you feel you need to use them. In my environment, when you have 8 you are looking for opportunities to use one.

So if you get to the turn and you haven't used it, then you look back and think where could I have used it. Makes a bit of a difference.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall.

Not sure why it's even a question.
 Jump to: