45 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The new season is already on, and it will be a huge one this time.

Other that the usual awards, the HLP will contribute to a second FUMBBL fundraiser: together with the ARR comrades, the F.U.B.A.R. (Federation of Undaunted, Brave and Adventurous Races) is started!

On top of that, there will be the annual ARR-HLP showdown. Usuallly it's the end of the year brawls, but it may be a special event this time around... Stay tuned!

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So how will I be able to tell when my team is ready to start sprinting? Do I need to wait until it shows up on the group members or can I dive right in?
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dive right in. Scoring is automatic and captures all human teams in the box. Group membership means you don't miss out on important announcements.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Marasai

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! I will activate soon
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2015 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

Only one sprint between the Premiership and the Conference with almost half of the season gone?
We have a fundraiser for FUMBBL going on, get your humans out!
And Vault Boy is watching you...

First three Premiership positions:
1. Redwood Sons of Anarchy - 36 points (6/2/8 )
2. Blitzkrieg Brigade - 35 points (6/4/3)
3. Sons of Brutus - 23 points (5/1/1)

First three Conference positions:
1. Nuffle Knights - 28 points (3/4/8 )
2. Deimon Devirobatso - 24 points (5/0/4)
3. Rough Toughs - 24 points (5/1/2)

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The FUBAR Cup is open for applications!
Get your humans in!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2016 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cobras were unable to continue mining gems from the rich vein of good fortune they struck in round 1 and 2 of the FUBAR Cup. They are now out of the cup, and could usher on a team of vampires to the semi-finals.

The quarter final match drew 23 spectators, so I would say the FUBAR Cup looks to have been a great success so far.

The Cobras however, are not... well... experiencing similar success, and have suffered 7 deaths in 5 games (9 if you include journeymen).

So I come to you again - my human peers - for advice.

How should the Cobras proceed? Is retiring the Ogre and start saving money for 3 blitzers the right move? Note: Wangchuk is untouchable as he is chasing 2 badges.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=652931

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2016 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I would say it is time Balle to cut the losses and start the big rebuild. I say this from around 20+ Rebuilds with the Buccaneers over in Ranked.

It is time to hand the pink slip to the Ogre, Groucho and Cormack. They did their best but at this point they just are to TV expensive. Time to rebuild from a 5 man squad, build it back up and off you go again in 20 matches.

Retire those 3 guys, buy a Blitzer and run with the J-men. Building up the stash of gold and filling in the ranks.

Good luck

If you drop those three guys and hire a blitzer and 5 J-men. It will drop your TV 190.

Gets you in a nice spot to start that rebuild at 1360 TV

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2016 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, I'll consider this.

Anyone else care to weigh in?
latulike

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2016 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my thoughts:

I do not totally agree with Painstate. Retiring a few players is a must but a rebuild is not the ultimate path. Especially since you have +ST players which are essential to a successful human team, but so are blitzers. Painstate's way might be too harsh, I'd give these changes a few more games before the complete rebuild:

-Scratch the Ogre, he is THAT big guy, I know, he's huge, having block and Guard is powerful for your team. Playing with an Ogre in a TV range below 1700/1800 usually have my Glads failed too much. I prefer skilling up keys players and hiring the Ogre once over 1600/1700.

-McCormack is definetely some TV bloat. Who wants an +AG being sent out? Either way he's minimum 40/50 TV bloat.

-Next match at 1650TV can be quite possible to win, I'd give it a shot before retiring anyone (chance to get two blitzers after that match)

-You play in the Box, a simple 50k TV bloat can make a huge difference.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2016 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The scheduler is such that TV bloat isn't as critical as it once was. That said I'd rather be playing with 150 of inducements rather than 50, so some consideration of TV efficiency is necessary.

In this case as Brother Wangchuk is sticking around to hunt some badges I'd continue with the others. Cormack is cool, and I value +ag as more than 40k on a human team. The only one I'd cut right now is the -ST Cat Phoenix. I'd be purchasing journeymen that pick up SPP, and building up the cash reserves. This means continuing to use rookies with perms. Assessing which players get apo privileges before your next game is also important.

Blitzers can be added as cash allows, but I wouldn't necessarily empty the coffers to do so. If you're on a rough streak of injuries these can last longer than expected, so its just a case of riding it out. Getting rookie blitzers wrecked in their first few games is a morale killer and cash drain.

If the treasury is in better shape when Wangchuk has snagged his badges then you'll be in a better position to hit the reset button.

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2016 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys.

I took your opinions on board. Here's what I've done so far:

Match 1st: Tested the waters like latulike suggested. Faced Nurgle 100k up. Despite my opponent admitting to a lot of mistakes, the team couldn't hold up, and in the end it was a comfortable 1-0 win for the Nurgles. In addition my thrower was niggled, and a veteran block fend lino -ST.

Ogre got another normal skill, so I let her go. Saving 250k. She did kill a NWarrior for her farewell though, which is always nice. Also dropped the two injured ones. Bought a blitzer.

2nd match: Played without pomber MNG, and was lucky to get a draw vs the Buccaneers B team. It's tough playing with 7 loners and without MB or DP at 1200-1300. Bought another blitzer.

Currently on 1550k TW, and it looks all right as long as one of the stars stay MNG Very Happy

Will try this setup now for the next 3-4 games.
buuface

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2016 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Explain to me about the badges coz from my angle Wangchuk looks like a TV black hole right now
buuface

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2016 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ps i think you should have some Thai themed players, since that's where i live. Laughing

How about this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE68R7__Spo

Whose name means 'white lotus' - yes i think it's meant to be ironic
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2016 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Badges

Jump to: