34 coaches online • Server time: 13:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buuface

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

you fools! youve just revealed all your secrets ! now i will become LEGEND in no time !
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hoping to avoid a certain race in the box is a surefire way to draw them.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have the following superstition: If the ball is due to land next to the side line from a kick off it usually bounces into the crowd even though it is only a 3/8 chance.

Then I realised that there were actual reasons for this:
1. The client shows the 'unlanded' ball on the nearest square on the pitch when the ball was actually due to land in the crowd.
2. The 'gust of wind' extra scatter bounce on a Perfect Weather roll.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I see a lot of 'picking tails or the right hand coin' being luckier. I think I can clarify the reasoning behind this.

I too always pick tails, not because tails comes up anymore but because I've accidentally picked heads a dozen or so times and lost every time.....every time! New client, old client another client, it doesn't matter.

So I thought there must be a reason behind this. It occurred to me, that it's scientifically proven that a piece of toast with jam and butter on it, will almost always land jam side down.

(Getting back to the coin toss) So if you look closely at the coin, you'll notice the head side looks significantly more like a jam and buttered piece of toast than the tail's side.

Ergo there is scientific proof that 'accidentally' be that dropping toast or picking heads by mistake will result in the jam and butter side of the coin landing face down.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I KNOW that if you pause for a long time thinking about a dice roll it will fail, especially if it is a 2+ with a reroll. However if you just go for it without thinking it nearly always works even if a 5+ no reroll.

Also if a game has been a total dicing if you go straight into another the dicing will be even worse

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

NEVER play PeteW on a Sunday......

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 12:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyFeyev wrote:
Personal superstition, don't ever wish the other player good luck. Sure, say "have fun" or "GL", but never actually wish your opponent good luck. You don't mean it anyway. Sometimes, if I know the other person, I come right out and start the game with, "I hope you roll nothing but ones and skulls."

I do this also. It feels disingenuous to wish an opponent luck if you don't actually hope they have it. If I do and they have good luck then that is my fault Smile
Redjiik

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm no fun no superstitions or anything.
Redjiik

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
JohnnyFeyev wrote:
Personal superstition, don't ever wish the other player good luck. Sure, say "have fun" or "GL", but never actually wish your opponent good luck. You don't mean it anyway. Sometimes, if I know the other person, I come right out and start the game with, "I hope you roll nothing but ones and skulls."

I do this also. It feels disingenuous to wish an opponent luck if you don't actually hope they have it. If I do and they have good luck then that is my fault Smile

I agree with this but I still say good luck. I don't want to say gratz when some one scores but everyone acts like your murdering babies if you don't. I mean you just scored, your winning. Why does the loser need to kiss the winners feet.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you use a reroll stupidly, it will fail. Every time.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If you foul with the ballcarrier, you get an unofficial extra +1 to the armour roll (due to the weight of the ball).

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Karnov

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
I KNOW that if you pause for a long time thinking about a dice roll it will fail, especially if it is a 2+ with a reroll. However if you just go for it without thinking it nearly always works even if a 5+ no reroll.e

+1 QFT

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I move the client window to the middle of the screen even though it always opens on the left...

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyFeyev wrote:

Pfft. Might as well go for the big one - "I hope the only 6s you roll are for your apothecary"

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!!! (sorry for the all cap- but Walter Sobchak wouldn't care what you think about it)
 Jump to: