44 coaches online • Server time: 15:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
Could you post a list of the people who have sent PM's/who are in the tourney now?

It'd be nice to know if you're added Wink

If you mean joining the first tournament during season 1, the Dawn Of Blood Challenge, I agree it would be nice to have a list of coaches somewhere. However, I think that the list should be updated too rapidly, as the coaches reply the pm sent by Tyrant one at a time. You will see all the participants at least as soon as the first tourney begins on Monday.

If you plan on checking out the opponents' teams, you can always check the team rosters from the group page. No one's gonna play any matches before the first round robin starts. Smile
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

as requested, here's a list of coaches who have joined up so far:

Mr_QB
CoachDan
Aconite
peikko
Drud
mymLaban
Karhumies
dagda331
soren72
droweclipse
Prymja
Primetime
sk8bcn
DanTitan76
and Tyrant...

So 15 teams are in so far...
Remember if you dont see your name on the list, but plan on participating, be sure to send me a PM as requested in the group PM i sent to you. You will NOT enter the tourney automatically.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

you should just add everyone for first tourney. It's unclear to me and I am active in the forum so someone who don't.....
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
To all coaches who still might wanna join, the free races are at the moment:
Amazon (2), Chaos (1), Elf (1), Goblin (2), Halfling (2), Lizardmen (1), Necromantic (2), Norse (1), Skaven (1), Vampire (2)

so if you see anything you like, don't hesitate to sign up. The season starts monday (and the first round will be a bit prolonged so that people going on vacation in the easter holliday still have a chance to participate).

Wood Elf (1) is also available.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hello everybody,
thanks for the work done!
i'd like to say three things.

one:

[quote="Karhumies"]3)If you concede mid-game in RR, in my opinion the player should not be given negative points. You should be given 1 point for a loss because if you finish an ugly match, you give your opponent a chance to gain more spp. You should be awarded 0 points for concede, because in the beginning most teams do not have an apoth and if one of your guys dies, one gets -ST and 1 is BH and your opponent begins fouling with Get the ref!, you wish to stop the match to have a team in the future. If you get -5 points for mid-game concede, people will either finish the game, have a sad-looking team and leave the league OR be at a HUGE disadvantage (-5 points) just for keeping their team intact.

Side effect/bad sides: allows "recovery" matches for specifically elven teams, where the coach concedes on turn 1, giving his opponent 3 points and 2 MVPs.

and

9) KO tournament conceders, in-game or out-game, should be HEAVILY punished. They deprive their opponents from TD and CAS points. They deprive their opponents from getting more spp and because of the concede the other player will have less skills against his/her next round opponent. Chickening out could be punished even more during 'Eadsplitta Cup, because of fluff reasons. Smile

i believe that we are speaking too much of this:
wasn't there this idea to start with the league?

FAIR PLAY:
Suck it up, take it like a man. Do not disconnect because your elf team is getting bashed, or your undeads are loosing 0-10.
Be the bigger man, and finish the game properly.

i know that i speak from the high av value of an orc team, but i believe that you should always be punished for not ending a game.

two:
i believe that swiss tournaments are something typical of a boardgame.
this gives me very good fluff reasons not to want my orcs participate in nothing of that (actually i believe i'll not have dirty players but i'd like my team to boicot the Loren Forest Fairie Folk Cup for banning them!)
fluff is important, especially in the long run!!
(two and a half) this is part of the rason i dislike the excess use of star players, that can't be affected by the players and give shadow to our own league stars; but if they have to be in tribal, i'd like to see them contracted for the duration of the tournament by one team only. Or people like Morg'n'Thorg will have very busy days during the firsts rounds of the tourneament!

three:
i find it marvellous that a group of sneaky skaven consigued to enter the tournament without the requisites to be in!
i said like fluff things!

now i'd like to make a question;
it seems to me that the point system has an importance in the long run, and they will be recorded from tournament to tournament;
is that correct?
if not, why keeping points in a KO tournament?
if yes, to which use? choosing who deserves the invitation to skavenblight?

thank you to all for the job done!!!
see you!
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on the way out the door...but i'll answer some of this quickly.

2: I have an idea to prevent excess use of star players:
Only one of each Star player can play each round. Teams take turns buying star players, starting with the lowest rated TR team and working its way up. But this will require some dedication by coaches, choosing players before the round is played. But i think it could work. Anyway, theres still 2 tourneys to be played before this becomes relavent.

3: Originally is was not intended that an overall score should be kept. But since we ended making the scoring system balanced, tourneys between. I think an overall score will be probably be kept. Just for the fun of it. It wont mean anything...(at least not the first season Smile ).

Before I leave I just want to remind the 4 coaches who still havent signed up: Reaper, Tesifonte, Farinroderel, AlcingRagaholic (sendt me PM if you want to participate) . The rest of the coaches are all signed up. Meaning they are all in the DOBC.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I never saw a guy conceding a game at start of the game and conceding is legal, isn't it?
+ when your team is experienced, forget about conceiding (51 SPP and concede = 1 chance out of two that the player leaves)
Prymja

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we need to worry less about the conceding. It is not to big of a factor, if you conceed you already take a huge penalty anyways. Loss of the money, FF and the MVP is enough to keep me from conceding unless I stand to lose my entire team. And if I or someone else stands to lose their entire team, then either they did not play their team to all it was worth, (like a bashy team trying to dodge all the time, or an Elf team trying to bash an orc team) Or the other team coach is bashing beyond need, and then you need to decide when it is cool to try and kill.

I truely look at it this way, if I have the win, and bashing you will do me no good except for if I kill you, then I am not going to do it. I just hope that other players think that way also, and show some sorts of sportsmenship. You can be a sore loser for crying about a loss, but you can be a sore winner for rubbing it in, even rubbing it in during the match.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yahay! 26 coaches have signed up already. The first tourney starts on Monday, so now is your last chance to make a team!

Tyrant wrote:
Karhumies wrote:
Tyrant wrote:
To all coaches who still might wanna join, the free races are at the moment:
Amazon (2), Chaos (1), Elf (1), Goblin (2), Halfling (2), Lizardmen (1), Necromantic (1), Norse (1), Skaven (1), Vampire (2)

so if you see anything you like, don't hesitate to sign up. The season starts monday (and the first round will be a bit prolonged so that people going on vacation in the easter holliday still have a chance to participate).

Wood Elf (1) is also available.
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i want the matchdates!!!!!!!!!
i want to know my division!!!!!!!!!!!
wanna play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ehm, bye!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyrant wrote:
Before I leave I just want to remind the 4 coaches who still havent signed up: Reaper, Tesifonte, Farinroderel, AlcingRagaholic (sendt me PM if you want to participate) . The rest of the coaches are all signed up. Meaning they are all in the DOBC.

Geeze, I was away for merely 2 days and almost missed the first tournament, lol.
Prymja

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, Tyrant, I noticed this on the main page, under the Dwarven Tourny, you put

This dwarven tournament is held in the great dwarven city of Caraz-a-Carak.

Caraz-a-Carak should be Karaz-a-Karak Meaning Mountain of Enduring, or Mountain of Endurance
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Prymja wrote:
hey, Tyrant, I noticed this on the main page, under the Dwarven Tourny, you put

This dwarven tournament is held in the great dwarven city of Caraz-a-Carak.

Caraz-a-Carak should be Karaz-a-Karak Meaning Mountain of Enduring, or Mountain of Endurance

Hmm...I double checked my Warhammer Fantasy RPG rulebook. And they spelled it Caraz-a-Carak everywhere it uccured (and even the misprints PDF didn't correct that). But i also made an internet search, and it seems they changed it to Karaz-a-Karak in the Warhammer Fantasy Battle universe. And since Bloodbowl and WFB is so close related i will change it.
Thanx for noticing Prymja!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have now created the 4 divisions of the Dawn Of Blood Challenge. Since 22 out of our 24 coaches send me a PM, i will give the 2 remaining coaches the benefit of a doubt and enter them in the tournament aswell.
I put the two coaches who didn't sign up in different divisions. The rest of the teams i placed randomly in different division. First i split all the teams up in two 12 team groups, then using a 12-sided dice i randomly added 1 team from each group to each division. So the divisions became as random as possible.
Dates have also been added.
I will start a new thread called "Grudge League - Season 1" that will serve as main page for info, questions, fluff... regarding the Grudge League.
Lets all have a good time!

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like I will be having a human vs human match-up first. I hope to put my opponent's apoth into good use. Smile

Jump to: