57 coaches online • Server time: 13:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

When a player is pushed back as a result of a block/blitz, the blocker must follow up. (Either because it pulls the blocker in his place, or because it was taunting them a lot so the blocker becomes frenzied and follows up to teach good manners.)

Quite situational skill (most of the blocks are followed up anyway), but there are times when it comes handy to restrict opponents positioning choices.

There could be negating skills. (Fend? StandFirm? SideStep?)

Could be a G skill not to OP BG Tentacles (or S skill to make them even more fun).

So, thats the basic idea. How you like it?
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Does a similar job to stand firm for big guys and can't see many others where it might be useful.

One of those skills that no player would really pick given all the better choices but might be interesting as starting skill (a bit like thick skull).

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, instead of making a totally new skill.

You can Buff Wrestle or Grab. A player with either skill when pushed back "grabs or wrestles" with the blocker, the blocker MUST follow up the block,

Jug negates wrestle on a blitz and Grab negates Grab.

Buffing Grab would be a huge boost for some teams, like dwarfs, who IF they take grab can deny the other team of blocking them and pushing them back to free up other players to move away.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah giving this benifit to grab would probably be best. Make it more used and suit what the skill is supposed to be.

I would not give it to wrestle though, it is used more as a skill already and wodge with this added to it would make the combo super powerful. Something easier to get usually than blodge on the players that can take grab as a normal. The players who can take grab as a normal would take something else right now whilst with wrestle I don't see too many more people picking it over block due to why wrestle is most often taken and it would be boosting current combos. There would be little oppertunity cost in the wrestle case whilst I think there would be with grab.

DLE College 7s
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a great skill for a marker to discourage the blitz-off, in addition to the obvious Tents or killer players. You might want to permit a save though, ie an AG roll (AG3 players roll 4+) to avoid following up.

Another way to buff Grab would be to permit throwing players off-pitch even if legal squares are available.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Or adjust fend so that you get to choose if they follow or not.

That would be very interesting...

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Or adjust fend so that you get to choose if they follow or not.

That would be very interesting...

Although we'd have to change the word from Fend to Grapple or something.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the real question would be if the new fend was more valuable on killers or fodder if you did that.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
I think the real question would be if the new fend was more valuable on killers or fodder if you did that.

I know the final skill for all my POJUs on my dorfs.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Pass Block?

DLE College 7s
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2016 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Pass Block?

Laughing Well...yes?
 Jump to: