46 coaches online • Server time: 12:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2016 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
That's what I suggested in the OP, I think a raising team would be awesome. Could be hard to implement mechanically though, and might be tough to balance.

I don't think so. Let's say there were 2 types of lino. One you bought and the other you could only raise. Both are lino types. Let's say like.......you could buy zombies but only raise skeletons. It wouldn't be OP, having large rosters is common in Stunty.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 11:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yeah, like that it'd be fine. I was thinking more elaborate, like (using my roster as an example) raising Big Guys to get Mummies, raising humanoids to get the Strawmen, raising Secret Weapons to get the Leatherfaces and raising Stunties for the Bone Dolls. Basically have each raisable (non-regen) type of player raise as something different. Like I say though that could be tough to implement.

Or you could go the other way, have certain players that are only raised when a certain player gets a kill. Mummy Rot etc.

I think there's scope to get as complicated or as simple as you want with it. At least your way though I think it's pretty much implementable without client changes (identifying the different regen options etc.) it'd just need a player type marked as their risen. They could even just raise as regular Zombies as the Strawmen are pretty close to that. I wonder how a roster would function if you set a player type to 0? If your roster is full you don't get a zombie, but it's never been applied to a limited number player type before. Hmm, interesting.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
krom72

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

A stunty khemri low agi low movement and really tough
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think with a voodoo style roster (knowing getting lots of custom rules isn't likely to happen) it would be good to 'take control of' players. So possibly each drive players must roll a die and if they fail they're under opposition control or something.

I did a voodoo roster and had something similar on an ag test for lino (weak willed) only.
BlodgeyDocker

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

....Whooops I posted comments in the wrong topic Very Happy
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 15:10
FUMBBL Staff

harvestmouse wrote:
I think with a voodoo style roster (knowing getting lots of custom rules isn't likely to happen) it would be good to 'take control of' players. So possibly each drive players must roll a die and if they fail they're under opposition control or something.

I did a voodoo roster and had something similar on an ag test for lino (weak willed) only.

Well, with Effigies I was more trying to find a cool visual theme for a resurrection team than create a voodoo team. It's more (the fluff I wrote) about preserving and re-using the life and bodies of the fallen. Mummification isn't really classical 'voodoo', and the Scarecrows aren't either (taxidermy is mentioned). The bone dolls have a voodoo feel currently, but it isn't integral to the team. It could use a south american style 'shrunken head' look to have a player resurrected as a stunty, which would be cool.

An actual Voodoo team could be fantastic, though hard to execute. Player possession sounds both awesome and really overpowered at the same time (even with a low chance of success) so it'd have to be carefully done.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is mangling the fluff horribly to fit the mechanics but could you form some sort of passing stunty team by having 2 non-stunty ag4 throwers and then everyone else with extra arms? You could drop in a couple of catchers with catch and even nerves of steel if that doesn't feel too OP. This would allow some genuine passing plays without spamming ag4 stunty everywhere.

Sort of feels like a slightly unholy mix of eshin and simyin but this is a thread about mechanics (not fluff) and this would at least allow us to work with what we have got.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 17:07
FUMBBL Staff

I think to try and achieve that it'd be better to give them Strong Arm (and maybe a massive mutated arm, depending on the theme) instead of Ag4. If they're non-stunty and had P access they'd only be Accurate away from top throwers.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's blurring with the last release, pro flings; which are the all round players that use play books.

They have a P access player and a damn good catcher. Problem is nobody uses P access players to throw. Certainly not if they had AG4, unless you made them artificially slow, and even then long throws is a risky game. I'm sure the coaches would either find away to get around a pass game or not use the roster (if passing was the most viable strategy).

Skills to fit, work in Stunty. It's done on a lot of players. Diving tackle-catch with nets, Snotlings, Strip ball-thieving etc etc. So that's not a problem in itself.
 Jump to: