53 coaches online • Server time: 13:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ESTALIAN TEAMS

0-16 Scoundrels 50,000 Dirty Player 6 3 3 7 GA SP
0-4 Guards 80,000 6 3 3 8 Wrestle, Thick Skull GS AP
0-2 Diestros 90,000 8 2 3 7 Dodge, Side Step, Stab GA SP
0-2 Fury Sisters 100,000 6 3 3 8 Block, Dauntless, Frenzy GS AP

Re-roll counter 70,000
Apothecary Yes
Star Players Human

Player Icons

Scoundrels

Guards

Diestros

Fury Sisters

I love Warhammer world and as spanish i´m in love with Estalia, i´ve created this team according to the official history of Warhammer and respecting the rules of blood bowl. That´s a team of humans but with several differences to the human official team, another point of view and certainly more fun.

First of all we have to speak about estalian rivalry. Rivalry between estalian people is a big problem and i think the best way to represent it is with these two following handicaps.
The first rivalry handicap for this team is that estalian rivalry dificult the situation when this team play or train together so that re-roll counter cost +20.000 than basic human team.
In addition as second rivalry handicap estalians are not used to working in team passing the ball, this explains why these teams have no natural throwers.

Estalians know how to make competitive teams taking advantage of people who are in their diverse territory and particular society.

Most of estalian people make a decent living as sailors, merchants or soldiers. But others prefer to crime and other illegalities to make money. For scoundrels, rogues, thugs, ruffians and hustlers end up being hired by a team is an opportunity to leave their criminal life but they are still bringing their bad habits to the field. For estalian teams they aren´t professional athletes but they are cheaper players when compared with the other team positionals, and money rules.

From fortresses of the mountains of Abasko and Irrana to large navy estalian fleets in Magritta or Bilbali no shortage of strong men trained in combat. From these places estalians teams mainly choose the most burly men that training as good defensive players called Guards.

The offensive players and main makers of td's in estalian teams are the famous and skilled Diestros. Basically they are experts in fast combat movements and tactical positions and they apply this knowledge to the blood bowl. They left the sword at home but not the dagger which makes many players prefer to avoid them. Anyway you must take care because they do not usually wear armors and they can die easily.

All estalians got a great devotion to Myrmidia, goddess of war and strategy. In Myrmidia cult there are several orders, among them we can find an order of warriors priest called the Order of Fury, from this order estalian teams get the Fury Sisters. These women wear good armors and they are great and brave fighters that playing for honor. And no matter if this team does not have big boys, because they can easily knock down an ogre.

This is my gift to the world, enjoy. Team design and background by Pablets De Avendanus, Icons by Cowhead.

Notes: All information on which I have based to create this team has been taken from Blood Bowl LRB6, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st and 2nd Edition and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Tome of Salvation.

Controversy over estalian rivalry: Some people think estalian players must got animosity but rules are clear at this point and this trait is only applied in "diferent races" which has no sense with they that are all humans, so as I dont want to change the Blood Bowl rules undoubtedly this trait got to be discarded.

TRADUCCIÓN DEL TEXTO AL ESPAÑOL O ESTALIANO MODERNO. (Spanish or estalian translation)

Me encanta el mundo de Warhammer y como español estoy enamorado de Estalia. He creado este equipo según la historia oficial de Warhammer y respetando las reglas de Blood Bowl. Esto es un equipo de humano pero con bastantes diferencias al equipo humano oficial, otro punto de vista y ciertamente más divertido.

Primero de todo debemos hablar de la rivalidad estaliana. La rivalidad entre las gentes estalianas es un gra problema y pienso que la mejor manera de representarla es con los dos siguientes handicaps.
El primer handicap para este equipo es que la rivalidad dificulta la situación cuando entrenan y juegan juntos así que el contador de re-roll cuesta 20.000 más que al equipo básico humano.
Además como segundo handicap tenemos que lo estalianos no están acostumbrados a trabajar en equipo pasando el balón, esto explica que el equipo no tenga lanzadores naturales.

Los estalianos saben como hacer equipos competitivos aprovechando la gente que hay en su diverso territorio y su particular sociedad.

La mayoría de los estalianos se ganan la vida decentemente como marineros, mercaderes o soldados, pero otros prefieren el crimen y otras ilegalidades para hacer dinero. Para canallas, pícaros, matones, rufianes y estafadores acabar jugando en un equipo de Blood Bowl es una manera de salir de su mundo criminal aunque se sigan trayendo sus malos hábitos al campo. Para los equipos estalianos ellos no son atletas profesionales pero son jugadores más baratos si los comparamos con el resto del equipo, y el dinero manda.

Desde las fortalezas de las montañas de Irrana y Abasko hasta las grandes flotas de la armada de Magritta y Bilbali en Estalia no faltan hombres fuertes entrenados en el combate. De esos lugares los equipos estalianos escogen principalmente los hombres más fornidos que los entrenan como buenos jugadores defensivos conocidos como Guardias.

Los jugadores ofensivos y principales creadores de td´s en los equipos estalianos son los famosos Diestros. Básicamente son expertos en rápidos movimientos de combate y posiciones tácticas y ellos aplican sus conocimientos al Blood Bowl. Dejaron su espada en casa pero no su daga por lo cual muchos jugadores prefieren evitarlos. De todas maneras debes tener cuidado porque ellos normalmente no llevan armadura y pueden morir fácilmente.

Todos los estalianos tienen un gran devoción a Myrmidia, diosa de la guerra y la estrategia. En el culto a Myrmidia hay varias órdenes, entre ellas podemos encontrar una orden de sacerdotes guerreras llamada la Orden de la Furia, de aquí los equipos estalianos consiguen las Hermanas de la Furia. Estas mujeres protegidas en buenas armaduras y son grandes y valientes luchadoras que juegan por honor. Y no importa si este equipo no tiene Big Boys, porque ellas pueden tumbar un ogro con facilidad.

Este es mi regalo al mundo, disfrutadlo. Diseño de equipo y trasfondo hecho por Pablets De Avendanus, iconos por Cowhead.

Notas: Toda la información en la que me ha basado para crear este equipo ha sido tomada de Blood Bowl LRB6, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1ª y 2ª Edition y Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Tome of Salvation.

Controversia sobre la rivalidad estaliana: Algunas personas piensan que los jugadores estalianos deben tener "animosity" pero las reglas en este punto son claras y este rasgo sólo puede ser aplicado entre "diferentes razas" lo cual no tiene sentido con ellos que todos son humanos, así que como no quiero cambiar las reglas de Blood Bowl indudablemente este rasgo tenía que ser descartado.

Last edited by Pablets on Apr 28, 2016 - 17:30; edited 66 times in total
cowhead

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Work, you may want to check out Secret League. There are many new teams for you to enjoy as well as an alternate Estalian team.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
Nice Work, you may want to check out Secret League. There are many new teams for you to enjoy as well as an alternate Estalian team.

How can i do to make my Estalia Team playable in secret league?
cowhead

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

None of the teams in Secret League are playable at the moment. But I know Christer has been working on a way to make Custom Teams playable in League. But who knows if or when this will ever actually happen. If it does happen anyone will be able to make custom teams to use in their own leagues.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts:

I think you have too many positionals. It's 11 without any linemen, which is the same as Orcs and Orcs are probably too many. Orcs and the generic human team are supposed to be the most jack of all trade teams so.........I think you need to lose a positional.

I like the slowness of the team. A human team that struggles for pace.

With this roster and what's happened in recent editions there's a problem with positional recognition. In this case Blockers. Longbeards to Blockers started it and Cyanides bastardization of an already ill described roster confirmed it. Blockers really should be in the Black Orc vein (unless we re-describe them all, like Pac's rules). Strong, slow, low AG, S access, and skill-less. So for humans 4 4 2 9 GS access.

There really is a misconception of the word 'block'. It seems to be a foreign language thing.

In our game the word has 3 meanings.

Block as in Blocker: "This is for a positional that blocks the way of other players. His job is to prevent players getting through the line by 'blocking their path'."

Block as in hitting: "this is the verb for a professional sports hit. You are hitting a player to move him back or to knock him over. 'To make a block'."

Block as in block skill: "This is to add skill instead of strength in making a hit. This skill could actually be called anything you like; like the 'Flarpy Flarpy Furt Furt' skill if you wanted. It's a GW term and has no real life meaning, but fits the description.

All 3 terms are exclusive and have no connection. There is no need to say a blocker has to have block as they have no connection. In fact if anything they shouldn't be connected.

Blocker "skilless buffoon who uses strength to hold the lines." Block skill palyer "Player that uses skill over strength to win hitting encounters."

I understand that as foreign speakers it's difficult to grab the nuance of the different meanings. However to fail to do it as a professional company like Cyanide have, isn't forgiveable.

Defined positionals need definitive descriptions.

As for Estalia; Cowhead is the king of icon making for the human races. His character portrayal is brilliant. Warhammer has had Estallians, in 3rd ed warhammer. Of the top of my head I can't remember much. I remember a couple of types of Cavalry and that's about it. Like Tilea and Bretonnia however I don't think they were brilliantly described..........so I guess we can start with a clean slate.

Being extremely religious and zealous is a must I think. A spanish inquisition theme would be a long the right lines. And the Spanish type warriors from the Narnia movie would be a great look. So polished black armour would look great.

It's not a list I've really looked into. However I think you need to work out the theme before doing the list. And not using the Narnia movie to define the look would be a waste of a good resource in my opinion.

That's just my opinion anyway.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
None of the teams in Secret League are playable at the moment. But I know Christer has been working on a way to make Custom Teams playable in League. But who knows if or when this will ever actually happen. If it does happen anyone will be able to make custom teams to use in their own leagues.

It would be great, i hope one day it happens.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pablets wrote:
cowhead wrote:

By using a stand alone client.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the rationale for this roster, I think you'd really need to do your homework first. There's some fluff and 6th ed Warhammer had some Estallian looking stuff and maybe a bit of fluff for Dogs of War.

I'm not sure why the team has animosity in Garion's list.......it might be a thing though. Bibali Archers were definitely Elven though....not human. Tobaro were a human side. A take on Real Madrid.

There's also a lot of fan created stuff for Warhammer. If you're going to include Warhammer nations, you really need to respect the Warhammer fluff (compared to introducing races playing a professional sport).

So...........themewise I'll decline to comment until I have done my homework on the theme, which might be a couple of years away. However.....yeah, really need to do a lot of homework on history, Spain, Warhammer, Narnia and links before making a roster.

Oh 80k is a new precedent for reroll pricing. RR pricing is controlled by 2 factors.

1. How disciplined a team is. Very disciplined Dwarfs 40k (now 50k because the BBRC decided to neglect Dwarf fluf) and ill-disciplined i.e. being chaotic).

2. Regeneration rosters. Off-setting the price of an apothecary by costing RRs more costly.

Are Estallians even less disciplined than Chaos? Are they that Chaotic?
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Looking at the rationale for this roster, I think you'd really need to do your homework first. There's some fluff and 6th ed Warhammer had some Estallian looking stuff and maybe a bit of fluff for Dogs of War.

I'm not sure why the team has animosity in Garion's list.......it might be a thing though. Bibali Archers were definitely Elven though....not human. Tobaro were a human side. A take on Real Madrid.

There's also a lot of fan created stuff for Warhammer. If you're going to include Warhammer nations, you really need to respect the Warhammer fluff (compared to introducing races playing a professional sport).

So...........themewise I'll decline to comment until I have done my homework on the theme, which might be a couple of years away. However.....yeah, really need to do a lot of homework on history, Spain, Warhammer, Narnia and links before making a roster.

Oh 80k is a new precedent for reroll pricing. RR pricing is controlled by 2 factors.

1. How disciplined a team is. Very disciplined Dwarfs 40k (now 50k because the BBRC decided to neglect Dwarf fluf) and ill-disciplined i.e. being chaotic).

2. Regeneration rosters. Off-setting the price of an apothecary by costing RRs more costly.

Are Estallians even less disciplined than Chaos? Are they that Chaotic?

It´s obviosly that estalian rivalry make chaotic the way of playing. I´ve explained this concept in description team.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
My thoughts:

There really is a misconception of the word 'block'. It seems to be a foreign language thing.

That's just my opinion anyway.

Yeah, sorry for my english. Could you tell me a more appropriate word to blocker position? I´m thinking in Guardian or something like this.
i also changed thrower name to sailor to prevent confusion with thrower human teams.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Pablets wrote:
cowhead wrote:

By using a stand alone client.

What do you mean exactly? Must i download any editor client or something?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, and most are old now. There are a few and PBeM. However they're pretty awesome if you get into it, not easy though or worth it if you don't want to invest the time.
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yes, and most are old now. There are a few and PBeM. However they're pretty awesome if you get into it, not easy though or worth it if you don't want to invest the time.

I would like to try it. Please, Where can i get this client editor?
Pablets

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely erased the position of sailor and i added two places for Guards.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Pablets wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

I would like to try it. Please, Where can i get this client editor?

There all different. The most complete 2 don't work with the latest Java (I don't think botocs does anyway). The other is LRB4......which ever, you'd have to be willing to downgrade or be able to use 2 different types of java.

If not, maybe grodbot, but I don't think it's easy to edit. It must be editable though.

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Grod&id=14742

As for editor, probably halflingscribe would work with it.
 Jump to: