36 coaches online • Server time: 11:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2016 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Badges are great. Looking forward to the week4 report. Should be soon, as only 1 game needs to be played.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Each Round (10 days) I will be bringing you the Official DLE Weekly Awards. These awards will come with Badges (NOW AVAILABLE AND DISPLAYED!!!) that will be added to the player's bio for winning the award. So here we are with the awards for Round 4.

Image DLE Air Player of Week 4: King Hill, Rookie Thrower, Talabheim- There doesn’t seem to be a lot of competition for this award in the first half of season one. I am wondering if that will change in the future as more QBs are developed or drafted. So this week we are back to the Week 1 winner of the award. Hill had 3 completions for 21 yards and a passing TD. The Sluggers lone score vs Flaschfurt came on a strike from Hill to Blitzer Troy Niklas.

ImageDLE Ground Player of Week 4: Jeff Rodenberger, Rookie Catcher, Middenheim If you had told me that the winner of this award was going to be from the San Luis vs Middenheim game, I would have said, “Oh No! Not him AGAIN!” And I would have been right… Not HIM… In this game, the rookie Rodenberger outplayed the 1st Round Draft Pick from the other side of the field. Rodenberger ran for 33 yards and 2 TDs in his team’s 2-2 tie vs the 49ers. After a leaping blitz by that mentioned 1st Round Catcher knocked Rodenberger to the ground on turn 7, Team mate Adimchinobe Echemandu pushed Watkins away from Rodenberger’s prone body, allowing him to hop up, scoop and score on turn 8, taking a 1-0 lead. Then in the second half on turn 4 Rodenberger catches a short swing pass from Teddy Bridgewater and advances it to the 7 yard line. Then on Turn 5, he scores the go ahead TD.

ImageDLE Slayer of Week 4: Deone Bucannon: 2nd Round Blitzer, Marienberg- Sadly there wasn’t a lot of Blood in the DLE this week. So this week the Slayer goes to Classics Blitzer Deone Bucannon, who had 2 Casualties on 8 blocks. With those 8 blocks Bucannon was able to cause the death of Rookie Lineman Travis Lewis and also caused a little more bloodshed as he smashed the hip of Davante Adams by piling onto the 2nd Round Catcher after knocking him to the ground.

ImageTHE DLE PLAY of Week 4: Odell Beckham: 3rd Round Catcher,Dead Wood- The draft day trade with Remas to get Beckham for a future draft pick may be paying off for the Rangers if he keeps making plays like this. After the Buccaneers scored on turn 7 of the second half (more on this later) to take the 2-1 lead, the Rangers lead by the spectacular play of Beckham answer. After catching the pass from “the Elf” in between being shoved around a bit in the midfield scrum, Beckham popped out the side and dodged out of the grasp of Rookie Lineman Torell Troup. He then dashed down the field to the three yardline and leaped over Brionne’s Cody Lattimer landed on his feet at the one yardline and stepped out of the grasp of Lattimer and Eric Ebron and into the endzone for the game tying score.

ImageDLE Epic Moment of Week 4: The Franchises in Praag and Barboza: Entire Franchises- So up until this moment these have all been individual player awards. However, this week no individual player stood out. Nor did an individual team stand out in a truly Epic Moment. This week’s Epic moment awards the two franchises involved in the “Comedy of Errors” Game. The game started out like this Turn 1/0 Failed Sure Hands Pick-up, Turn 1/1 Double Skull, wasted RR, Turn 2/1 Failed Sure Hands Pick up, Turn 2/2 no turnover!!!, Turn 3/2 Skull/Skull/Both Down, Wasted RR, Turn 3/3 Failed 2nd GFI after using final RR on 1st failed GFI, Turn 4/3 Failed GFI. So the theme of this Epic Moment is EPIC FAILURE!
If the teams would like they may display this award somewhere on their Team Bio or Maybe they can choose the player that most deserves it and display it on that player’s bio.

ImageDLE Sucker of Week 4: Eric Ebron: 1st Round Blitzer, Brionne- This is the situation I earlier stated that I would get to later. In the Brionne vs Deadwood contest Brionne seemed to be in command for the win. All it would take on Turn 7/7 of the second half was a 2d blitz (with 2 re-rolls in reserve)on the Ranger’s star thrower (who by the way doesn’t have Block nor Dodge) followed by a small 3 man wall placed in front of him. And Ebron could have waited at the 1 yard line untouched for turn 8/7 and then score the winner on turn 8/8. Instead the Buccaneers seemed to get impatient and headed toward the goal line, setting up a slight screen for Ebron, who followed behind them. Then as he got to the 2 yard line he began tip-toeing around and continued for the endzone scoring the go ahead TD and leaving a turn for Dead Wood to equal the score. Which we all know they did on Beckham’s Leaping OTT Play of the Week! So Eric, for not thinking it through, and not leading your team to sure victory you receive this award. Congrats SUCKER!

For more info on the Draft League Europe you can visit the Group Page at:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10068

You can also check out our Recruitment Thread at:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27665

Currently the DLE sits with 39 interested coaches. Next season we introduce our full league format with 32 teams. Yes, that means we have a waiting list of 7 players currently. However, if you are interested in joining a New and different league then check us out at the above links and/or PM myself (Arcayn) or bghandras. We can add you to the waiting list.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice write ups. Good reading. Keep up the good work. Much appreciated!
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

With regard to the sucker of the week, Ebron really deserves it. Team and coach are still furious about his lack of coolness and inaptitude to wait just a little longer. The team unanimously (well, not counting Ebron himself) voted that the badge will be tattoed on Ebron's upper arm (forehead was discussed too), lest he forget.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Good read, very nice job!

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

DID YOU KNOW...

..that in a recent "off the record' interview, a drunken Dont'a Hightower said he wished he played for the Nuln Gunners?

DLE teams needing logo love can PM me a request along with their team's colors.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2016 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh really? Or is it just ESPN journalism to banter for our last game? I assume if you want him badly, then you dont hit or foul him, right? Right? RIGHT?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Image Image Image Image Image Image
I've resized the great badges so that coaches can choose a smaller option for their team or player bios.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, that is great! Please help us (bbcode noobs) with a version that we only need to copy into the player bio.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

BBCode reads as follows:

(img)...url...(/img)

change ( ) by [ ]
...url... can be found by mouse over the image above, right click and then either show or save image adress (not sure what that is in english, first or third option)
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

So the first image would read

(img)https://fumbbl.com/i/483464(/img)

still have to change ( ) by [ ]

Edit: Just checked it, the images count up from left to right, starting with 483464 up to 483469
jdm

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're linking on the team page, rather than player profiles, it's also a good idea to put hovertext over the image to remind you what they received the award for:

Code:
[img title=DLE Sucker of week 1, season 1 -  Dominique Easley: Round 3 Draft Pick Lineman.]https://fumbbl.com/i/483469[/img]

Obviously change the text and img number to suit your needs

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Code:

[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/483464[/img]

Code:

[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/483465[/img]

Code:

[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/483466[/img]

Code:

[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/483467[/img]

Code:

[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/483468[/img]

Code:

[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/483469[/img]
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 10, 2016 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, thanks a million!

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage, what code do we type to get that fancy "code" word to appear before we show people our code sequences? Er... how'd you do that?

(I have asked this before.. but can't find the answer on a forum search)

Jump to: