36 coaches online • Server time: 11:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdm

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

(Code)code text here(/code) using [ ] instead of ( )

I found this page really useful for learning stuff.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2016 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about the delay on these awards guys. Life has been very busy and I am in the process of moving, so time hasn’t really been there like it usually is. Special Thanks to an anonymous helper who assisted me with gathering of nominees this week. But without further delay, allow me to present the Week 5 Award recipients.

Image DLE Air Player of Week 5: Johnny Manziel, 4th Round Thrower, Kemperbad- There was not a lot of passing in Round 5. And those that did pass made pretty glaring mistakes in their game that I feel makes the unworthy of recognition. So this award goes to Manziel for completing a 1 yard lateral to team mate Dezmen Southward, that led to a turn 8 tying score, which Kemperbad would then win in the second half.

ImageDLE Ground Player of Week 5: Mike Evans, 1st Round Catcher, Flaschfurt The first half of the San Luis-Flaschfurt game was rather entertaining. For the game Evans statistically rushed for 21 yards and a TD. All in the first half. However the 1st Rounder actually ran for 49 yards (forward, backward, side to side)throwing a block and executing 2 blitzes all while toting the rock, as well as a couple dodges along the way before deciding to score on turn 8 in Flaschfurt’s 2-0 victory.

ImageDLE Slayer of Week 5: Dont’a Hightower: Franchise Blitzer, Broekwater- This week the Slayer goes to Patriot Franchise Player, Dont’a Hightower. As the league leader in Casualties it is rather surprising that this is his first time winning the award. In the Patriot’s 1-0 win over the Classics, “HighPOWer”, as he’s known in certain circles around the league killed 3 players (Although 1 was rescued by the team doctors on site.)

ImageTHE DLE PLAY of Week 5: Ralph Baker: Rookie Lineman, Praag- On Turn 2 of the Marienburg/Praag game, Marauder 1st Round Blitzer Calvin Pryor Blitzed Praag Catcher Jarvis Landry. With a frenzy and a Pile-On he killed the catcher (Doctor tried to save him but was unable to do so). On turn 6 he attempted to do the same to Blitzer Emerson Boozer, but was unable to break through his armor even with the piling on. The Grizzlies seemingly fed up with these antics decided to do something about it while the star blitzer was lying on the ground. With 2 other Praag linemen gathered around Pryor to assist with the maiming, the prone Baker jumped to his feet, ran over to Pryor and stomped on his head, fracturing his skull. So for the revenge seeking linemen, I present you with this award for what I consider to be the best play of the week. VENGEFUL BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

ImageDLE Epic Moment of Week 5: Leupold Friedmann: Franchise Blitzer, Nuln- Here it is. The epic moment for Round 5. Friedmann, whom we haven’t heard much from so far this season showed the Thunderbolts, that on that day, the pitch belonged to him. He was surfing players left and right. In the 1st half of the game Leupold sent 3 players in to the stands. First it was Catcher Darqueze Dennard. Next turn it was Lineman Eddie “The Heel” Johnson. And finally a few plays later he sent Ogre Morgan Moses into the crowd. However, this game was clearly played in Altdorf as none of the three players were touched after flying into the crowd.

ImageDLE Sucker of Week 5: Sammy Watkins: 1st Round Catcher, San Luis- Scoring is important in the game of Blood Bowl. If you can’t score, you can’t win. Even if you clear the pitch of opposing players, if you can’t take the ball across the goal line safely it is impossible to win. But just because you have to score doesn’t mean you have to do it ASAP! For example, Turn 4 of the second half of this game… San Luis has possession, down 1-0. All-World Catcher Watkins has the ball 10 yards out. With a Movement speed of 9, he decides to try to push it, in the Blizzard, FAIL! RR… 1!!!! Down he goes… Stunned! Costing his team a likely draw, losing 2-0 instead. Congrats SUCKER!

For more info on the Draft League Europe you can visit the Group Page at:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10068

You can also check out our Recruitment Thread at:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27665

If you are interested in joining a New and different league then check us out at the above links and/or PM myself (Arcayn) or bghandras. We can add you to the waiting list.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2016 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Manziel actually injured Matt Cassel and Paul Richardson, so sending them to the 'air' may have helped his candidacy for the award!

Post   Posted: May 15, 2016 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever I see "ground player of the week" I think it should be a fouling award. Especially with the boot logo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2016 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Whenever I see "ground player of the week" I think it should be a fouling award. Especially with the boot logo

Mike Evans will make sure to get boot in some time in his next game to honor the award. Smile
Oly1987

Post   Posted: May 20, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

As the regular season enters its final few games (for most) I thought I would do a quick overview of how each division is looking for the run in to the end of the season.

KFC

With only 3 games left to play surprisingly the play off's haven't been decided yet and there are 3 potential teams to go through.

Broekwater Patriots
The Pats are pretty much over the line to make the play off's as their massive TD and CAS difference makes the chances of them falling to third unlikely but they will want to finish top meaning they need to at least draw and avoid a mathematical improbability.

Flashfurt Universe
Flashfurt have everything to play for as they have the potential to both finish top and miss out on a play off spot. Flashfurts last game really needs to be a win to assure themselves of a spot though if other results go their way they might not even need to draw. A win would put them in contention for top spot but only if the Gunners can overcome the Pats in their final game.

Nuln Gunners
The gunners have a game to play before they can really be called contenders. If they slip against the Eagles their season is over but if they win then they can put themselves on the cards for second place.Their last game is against the Pats and this is where things get interesting. If Flashfurt win then the Gunners have to overcome the Pats by a massive margin to push themselves to second and knock the Pats to third. If Flashfurt draw then the Gunners need to win which would know Flashfurt to third. If Flashfurt lose then a draw would be enough to see the Gunners take Flashfurts place in second.

SHC

Lots of games to be played but with half the division out of the running lets look at the 4 teams still in contention

Brionne Buccaneers
The Bucs have had a great season so far going 4/2/0 and sitting at the top of the division. They will need to avoid complacency though as they still have to potential to drop out of the top 2 spots if they lose their last 2 games. A win and a draw will secure them top spot

Monte Castello Wreckers
The Wreckers have had an up and down season. After winning their first game they then got a draw and a loss in their next 2 making their season look bleak. 3 back to back wins have thrust them back into a play off spot and now they need to secure it. They could have a place secured in their next game if Marauders lose which would be nice but the Wreckers play the Marauders last game of the season which could both decide who's playing in the play off's and what state they will be in considering they have the two highest CAS caused stats in the league so far.

Îœarienburg Îœarauders
the Marauders play off hopes are still very much in their own hands as if they win their final 2 games they will claim a play off spot. They can pip the Wreckers by winning their game 7 and then beating the Wreckers in the final game.

{DLE} Kemperbad Knights
The Knights still have 3 games to play and they will need to beat the Vikings to stay in contention for a place. Their last 2 games are against the Wreckers and the Bucs which leaves the play off's wide open and means there could be a lot of moving around at the top of the SHC. Watch this space!

So there is a quick run down. I have not gone through every possibility so there maybe some mistakes but lets try and get plenty of specs in for these last few games!
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 20, 2016 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff! The regular season is at closing stage, but still lot to be decided.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So, in the absence of Arcayn i took over the data collection of the awards. Arcany was still involved, he approved all the choices, and made a choice himself where i proposed multiple candidates.

I wont even pretend to mimic Arcayn's style of writing, so i just put here the winners and the main reasons for winning the award.

DLE AIR PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Cool Hand Joe (San Luis 49ers)
- Turn2 long TD pass.
- Turn8 completing a long bomb which could have been a TD pass if not for the inability of Steve MacAllister.
- Intercepting in turn16 for a could be TD pass.

DLE GROUND PLAYER OF THE WEEK - Jarod Mayo (Broekwater Patriots)
- Scoring twice, running the whole distance twice with some circles. Mayo did just what was needed for a win. It was nothing really fancy, he just did more often and more consistently this week than anybody else.

DLE SLAYER OF THE WEEK - Khri Thornton (Barboza Bruisers)
Oh, man, he hit so hard and so often!
- BH
- MNG
- -ST
- Kill saved by apo
- 3 KO's

DLE PLAY OF THE WEEK - Connoe Shaw ([DLE] Nuln Gunners)
- Intercepting a would be score saving the win from a tie. What a play!

DLE EPIC MOMENT(s) OF THE WEEK - Sammy Watkins (San Luis 49ers)
- Turn 7 for dodging into 3 tackle zones, and surfing the ball carrier.
- Turn10 leaping blitzing -2D block sacking the ball carrier Jimmy Kilpatrick.
- Scoring in turn13 with leaping actions
Incredible for a catcher. Dont accuse of him being a prima-donna until you replicate that!

DLE SUCKER OF THE WEEK - Jerome Brown (Remas Eagles)
Oh, there were so many good candidates for this award. So winning it took multiple infractions of gigantic magnitude!
- Going bonehead many times
- Causing a turnover in Turn3 - COULD HAVE AVOIDED THAT DODGE!
- Causing a turnover in turn14
He sucked so hard, and often that the word on the street is he accepted money for ruining his team's game plan.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 7 is also in the books, so without further ado i present the award winners!

DLE AIR PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Joe Namath (Praag Grizzlies)
Picking up a lose ball, then throwing a perfect intermediate spiral for the secure score on defense. In the 2nd half dodging Paul Richardson, delivering a long pass while avoiding interception, for the score!

DLE GROUND PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Sammy Watkins (San Luis 49ers)
John Sullivan (Erengrad Vikings) is a strong candidate for catching a handoff, then keeping his cool while bodies were falling around, then finally dodged out of diving tackle zone for the score! Great play!...
...So is Blake Bortles, the extraordinary Quarterback, who is physically gifted, and also made perfect decisions. He knew when to take blocks, when do dodge, when do block. Oh, and he went the distance!...
...But the award simply MUST go to Sammy, who scored 4 times, while also leaping around with perfect balance, and recovering loose balls equally as mastering a 2 minute receiving drill!

DLE SLAYER OF THE WEEK – Calvin Pryon (Marienburg Marauders)
Smashing the hip of Ray Rice, and Jaw beaking of Xavier Su’a-Filo.

DLE PLAY OF THE WEEK – Leupold Friedmann (Nuln Gunners)
Dodging through a crowd, then blitzing ball carrier Jeff Rodenberger in turn3, surfing him.

DLE EPIC MOMENT(s) OF THE WEEK - Terrence Brooks (Marienburg Marauders)
Scoring on defense by catching a bouncing ball! Awesome nerves, well done, Terrence!

DLE SUCKER OF THE WEEK – Jace Amaro (Praag Grizzlies)
The award does not go to Fast Eddie (Barboza Bruisers), who failed a GFI in Turn1, sacking himself, and handing over the ball on a silver plate! Then failing at turn 16 during the 1turn scoring attempt. The award goes to a Bear, who did not mind his steps. The award goes for...
...failing a GFI, and experiencing NEAR DEATH...
...thanks to the apo, who was in significantly better form, than Jace, the injury was only an armor loss. The apo correctly smashed the armor in a hurry to resurrect Jace, who now has a chance to be reminded about his mistake every time he is powed, or booted! Congrats sucker!

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2016 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Marienburg Marauders late comeback win against the Barboza Bruisers keep their playoff hopes alive. Now Marauders clash against the Monte Castello Wreckers in the last round of regular season. If Marauders win, they are in, and Wreckers out. Else Wreckers are in, and Marauders are out.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

A coach, who wants to stay anonimous, lets call him "Talon “Spotter” Lewis", did some analysis about the draft board. He promised 5 parts, here is the 1st.

"DLE Annual College Selection Meeting (Draft Season 2)
In the upcoming intake of rookie players from the college ranks there exists a wide range of players, from burner receivers to killer defenders to position breaking tweeners who don’t fit the traditional molds. Draft analyst, Talon “Spotter” Lewis is here for your reading pleasure to give you the position by position breakdown, the strengths and weaknesses of this draft and even picking out a few sleepers. Over to Talon.
Throwers:
Regardless of your inclination, the quarterback has the chops to be star of any human team, and even looking forward to the potential players that will be leaving college in time for the Season 3 Draft (cough Andrew Luck), the throwers are the strongest group in the draft. Most, if not all offer a starter for any team and many of them are mere steps away from being a key building block for any franchise.
Ryan Tannehill leads the bunch as an unorthodox Wild Cat type, his ability to double up as a runner, receiver or passer will give defensive co-ordinators fits. Some might knock his talents as specific but in the right system, Tannehill could be an All Pro.
Kirk Cousins doesn’t come close to Tannehill’s mobility but has the right mix of talents to be the clutch guy in a pinch situation. Both these players may have durability issues in the league due to being a little more susceptible to precise blocks but I would say that a good coach doesn’t put these players in those sorts of situations.
If Tannehill is out of your reach and you want to run an option attack, then maybe take a late round look at Mark Brunell. Brunell has the ability to read the defense and insure the ball is never at risk even if his own health may be, offloading before the pass rush gets to him.
BJ Coleman and Matt Flynn may well have been separated at birth and both men offer any franchise the type of upside and unique accuracy and mobility that anyone would love to have. Look for these two to have bright careers and see the field early and often for their new team. They won’t be drafted as highly but don’t overlook their potential.
If I had to point out weaker players in this position group, then I couldn’t avoid the odd positionless abilities of Jon Kitna. Known for his rough play instead of his pinpoint accuracy, Jon could only find a home in a team of rogues that just need to fit one more blitzer into the squad. An odd player that will probably go undrafted."

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

To put some context i copy here the players in question
Ryan Tannehill Thrower +Movement/+Agility/Catch/Dodge
Kirk Cousins Thrower +Agility/Dodge/SafeThrow
Andrew Luck Thrower +Movement/+Agility/Block/Dodge/Accurate/NervesOfSteel
Mark Brunell Thrower Dodge/DumpOff/Sprint
B. J. Coleman Thrower +Agility
Matt Flynn Thrower +Agility
Jon Kitna Thrower Dauntless/Juggernaut

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

A nice write up. Much appreciated!

But Andrew Luck is up in season 3 and not season 2, correct?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Andrew Luck will be draft eligible in season3. I copied over so that people not having access to the draft page can also see what he does.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about the delay on these awards guys. Life has been very busy so time hasn’t really been there like it usually is. Special Thanks to an anonymous helper who assisted me with gathering of nominees this week. But without further delay, allow me to present the Week 8 Award recipients.

Image DLE Air Player of Week 8: Rich Gannon, Undrafted Thrower, Marienburg- There was not a ton of passing in Round 8. But when Gannon threw the ball he made it count. He completed 1 pass for 2 yards but also had a touchdown and 32 Rush yards in the game vs Barboza.

ImageDLE Ground Player of Week 8: Emmanuel Sanders, Undrafted Catcher, Nuln In the Gunners game vs Remas, Sanders went wild. Scoring 2 Touchdowns with 23 yards rushing.

ImageDLE Slayer of Week 8: Dont’a Hightower: Franchise Blitzer, Broekwater- In the infamous game that almost made our illustrious Chairman of the Expansion and Relocation Committee leave the DLE, Hightower had 4 Casualties on 8 blocks. He was knocked out of the game by the boot late, but he had already done his thing.... DAMAGE!

ImageTHE DLE PLAY of Week 8: Joe Namath: UDFA Thrower, Praag- On turn 7 of 1st half of the game vs Brionne, Namath (not the biggest defensive player) does his best Elf impersonation and makes 4+, 3+, 2+, 2+, and then needs a POW on 2 dices on ballcarrier, and gets it. Saves the current situation. No RR spent.

ImageDLE Epic Moment of Week 8: Austin Seferian-Jenkins: 2nd Round Blitzer, Praag- turn 3, 1st half. Austin Seferian-Jenkins does what he was drafted to do and sidesteps through a block from opponent and ends next to the ballcarrier. He then pushes the ball carrier to Ogre team mate, Lee Roy Salmon, who tackles the ball carrier knocking the ball free. Then after several blocks he sidesteps through the scrum and ends up next to the ball on the ground. well done.

ImageDLE Sucker of Week 8: Joe Namath: UDFA Thrower, Praag- I believe this is the first example of 1 player winning 2 awards in the same week. And this award is more about his teammates than it is about his personal performance. But Namath entered the game vs Brionne with 15 SPP. He made 5 blocks in 17 turns with no Casualties (which isn't surprising since he has none on the season) But he also threw 2 Accurate passes that his team mates dropped on both occasions. So for depending so much on his team mates for his personal growth we award you with this badge.... CONGRATS SUCKER!

For more info on the Draft League Europe you can visit the Group Page at:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10068

You can also check out our Recruitment Thread at:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27665

If you are interested in joining a New and different league then check us out at the above links and/or PM myself (Arcayn) or bghandras. We can add you to the waiting list.

Jump to: