52 coaches online • Server time: 15:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: May 25, 2016 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just thinking how cool it would be to get a shot at the big boys with the B&C.

Swiss might give me a couple shots at 'em. Depending how badly I got trashed in the first round, I mean, depending if I win or not. I might even get to chainsaw foul one of the AG 4 skinks a couple times. Hmm.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2016 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well why didn't you say so in the first place Luo Wink
Was worried that Rnd 1 losers would end up playing 1 game over a 7/8 week period between SWL 65 & 66

Very excited about this! Kudos to the SWL staff.
Hopefully it's received well & becomes a regular fixture Smile

Bio template here.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: May 25, 2016 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like fun.

Would be keen to run a round robin of Fringe teams along side it to keep up regular play.
Could give some people a chance to shine with different races.

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Semitence

Post   Posted: May 25, 2016 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a really cool idea. Nice one.

It'd be good to guarantee still getting a full 6 games in and not just two or three for those that miss out on the cut.

Definitely would be nice to have the draw done in the SWL channel!
jevouse

Post   Posted: May 25, 2016 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

commish once again proving his throneworthiness

Post   Posted: May 25, 2016 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff.
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 25, 2016 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I am looking at the possibility of running Lil Leeg annually during the Bob Borc cup if it takes off for those people who get knocked out to occupy themselves. Not exactly sure how it will be structured yet but it should be good fun.

At this stage, we are not 100% sure on how we are going to do the Q-Pool Tournament but it is likely that positions will be limited.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Reserved
cdwat

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

How does overtime work? I can't find it in the CRP rulebook.

Bio template here.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Overtime is the same as going into the 2nd half, 8 more turns, new setup, KO recovery etc, except you don't recover your used team RR and only carry over what was unspent from the 2nd half.

First score wins and ends the game, if no one scores in the full 8 turns it's a 1d6 each with +1 for each still unspent team RR, higher total wins.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

DustBunny wrote:
Sounds like fun.

Would be keen to run a round robin of Fringe teams along side it to keep up regular play.
Could give some people a chance to shine with different races.

This is a great idea. It's a perfect opportunity to get some solid games in with those languishing Fringe teams.

As stated, there are a number of options alive to keep people engaged and playing during the Bob Borc Cup. We didn't want to 'lock' anything in at this stage until we could determine interest. Thankfully you have all given us some good ideas on how we can keep the first round KO's occupado.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Asha'maniac
This is a huge call. Redmaul has had periods of coaching mishaps, which has cost him games. After being called out by Tomay, he has gone back to the drawing board and produced a near-flawless season. This side is an utter monster. Dwarves with five st4 players? It makes the stats that I carried in my season look like nothing. I don't think we have seen a side as beastly as this in SWL, so I am going to call them as coming first.

2. Wings of the Condor
Yup, massive stat freaks are everywhere. Relezite has come in second this time around, which is not the first time he has pushed for a prem title to come up short. Now that the skinks are on the ebb, one would think he has another ripper chance to win. Time will tell how he goes, despite his heroics last season, 21 points will rarely win you a title. He will be up there, and he just might do it.

3. Wäŋa Warriors
The Warriors' last three seasons has given him two clear conference wins and a clear prem win. He has lost a single SWL game in three seasons. And yet he doesn't get much respect, except from himself. So is he the true champ or just a loud mouth? Or both? In any event, the side is looking strong, but may struggle against the dwarves. They seem to match up well against elves, so they should get enough points to be in contention.

4. Error 404 afterlife not found
Sometimes I don't know what to make of this side. One thing is for certain: when they are on, they are on. A decent run and they have proven what they can do - win titles. Huge Axeman is a beast and will be absolutely integral to their chances, and there is another st4 wolf to go along. Plenty of av9 to shred, so I predict they will be in contention, but it's a swollen TV side without ag4, in a very tough Premier I think they will come up short.

5. Steaked
A quiet second place last season, they have shown that they can win games they aren't expected to. They have some really nice stat boosts, but so do most of the premier sides. The issue I have with them is the injuries they carry. I might be stricter than the average coach, but if a side carries 8 breaks, I just can't see it winning a title. Coming second proves they can do it, but I think the odds are stacked against them.

6. Slumbering Skink
Two Premier titles in a row has proved what a relentless threat this side is. However, the last three seasons (at least) in Premier have really taken its toll on this side. They aren't what they once were, with three rookie Saurus and a rookie Kroxigor. As long as Faulcon posses a +ag skink, they have the ability to win the title regardless of what their list looks like. However, their skinks are heavily skilled, and they are coming up against some real skink-busting sides this season, so I don't think they will up there to mix it up.

7. Mexican Standoff
This side was looking like giving Premier a massive shake up. There could not have been a better time for this side to finally take a cup, they have been threatening for a long time but just couldn't seem to take a healthy side into. Then came their last game of last season – aaand just like that, things got a lot more difficult. Yet, the side isn't as bad as it appears. A few players are missing their next game, so they are higher than 143tv appears. So anything could happen, but I am predicting a tough season for them.

8. Striking Thunder Beards!
Traditionally, all coaches new to Premier don't do very well. A certain coach flipped that trend af ew seasons ago, showing anything is possible. But this side has only played 19 games. That is 5 trials, a season in reggies, and a season in conference. Wow. That in of itself is a huge accomplishment. No doubt what is key is the ag4 ball handlier. Nevertheless they are a rock 172 side, they need some more development before they can challenge for a Premier. But looking at their record, they certainly will. Just not this season. However, they are the great unknown, I haven't even specced a game from them. Everyone loves an underdog, so here is hoping they can put together a good run.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!

Last edited by DrDiscoStu on %b %30, %2016 - %00:%May; edited 1 time in total
polemarch

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I s this for the seasoning am parking or the next season?

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

When does the new season start?
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

polemarch wrote:
Is this for the seasoning am parking or the next season?

So there's evidently some confusion. Somehow.

Season 65 is the current season, hence this forum thread. It is a regular round robin. The Cup will run AFTER this season, between 65 and 66.

I have edited the second post to reflect this.