31 coaches online • Server time: 12:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
almic85

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So with the playing schedules for this season announced it is time for the most exciting post in the forums...coach almic85's season predictions (dun, dundundun!!!)

With the increase in conferences this season from 3 to 4 it looks as though each conference now has a pretty wide spread of cellar dwellers, established conference teams and freshly demoted premier teams and the Good Bad Furry Conference is no exception. With two of the biggest bashing teams in the SWL (SWL Fun Police and Hostile Kiddies) as well as 2020TV chaos pact team (Chaos All sorts) taking out the heavy weight bracket, some mid level but not so scary Undead and Elves and the bottom bracket being taken out by the two stunty teams (Colour of Money and yours truly) and the underprepared Chaos Dwarf (Fatality101) this looks to be a yoyo season for all involved.

My overall prediction for the season is to end up 4th overall. If I manage to survive the first two rounds against Hostile Kiddies and the Fun Police (and dare I say actually get a win) I think I am in a good position beat out the other lower TV teams and palce myself firmly in the middle of the pack.

Now on to look at game by game draw.

Round 1 vs Hostile Kiddies IV - 1800TV Humans
The Kiddies seem to have picked up some tackle since the last time I played them and won 4-0, but with the right inducements and a bit of luck I think I should be able to get over the line against these guys again. The real question is can the kiddies kill Glart Smashrip a third time.
Prediction 2-0 win

Game 2 vs the SWL Fun Police - 2270TV Nurgle team
Freshly demoted from Prem these guys have mixed it with the big boys and are CLPOMB heavy and can cause a lot of damage to my team. That said they have a surprising lack of tackle and the CL part of CLPOMB is just overkill against my stunties so with the right combination of inducements I might be able to sneak in a win or draw. The real question though is whether I can survive against a team that managed to kill all prem menz last season.
Prediction 2-1 win

Round 3 vs Colour of Money - 1420k Gobbos
A bit of stunty on stunty action. Honestly I don't think I know how to play against a team that I might actually out muscle with skaven after having not played any goblins int he regionals for the past three seasons (despite having at least one in my reggies each time). With me playing up TV there won't be any free bribes for the gobbos so if I play smart I should be able to score some quick touchdowns before the secret weapons can cause some damage and then overpower the little fellers.
Prediction absolute mayhem and a 2-1 win

Round 4 vs Fatality101 - 1160TV Chaos Dwarfs
The only team I am bigger than and it should be one of the hardest with all that tackle on the blockers, but only time will tell if Geoffro manages to get some more skills across the team before he plays me or if he has some team left after the Hostile Kiddies. Last time I managed a 2-0 win against these guys due to some luck and some bad positioning decisions from Geoffro. If he can adjust and focus on basic ball protection and grinding a cage up the field he should win, but I think a combination of my own luck and amazing coaching skills should just get me over the line.
Prediction 2-1 win

Round 5 vs Macabre Morticians - 1570TV Undead
Lost to them once before last season when they were playing up TV to me and they managed to take out two of my players. It will depend what I can do with my inducements and how much of a team the Morticians have left after their game with the Fun Police but tribalsinner can coach and even with a hurt team will be tough to beat.
Prediction 1-2 Loss

Round 6 vs Chaos All Sorts - 2020TV Chaos Pact
D_Arquebus has already made his prediction about how he is going to kill my team over in channel BB, but giving up 700TV of inducements with a team that has not tackle and three (count em) retarded big guys and bunch of ordinary humans I think that is a big call. If it all goes right for them they should kill my team, but I just don't think it will.
Prediction 1-1 draw

Round 7 vs Daemon Ex Tesserae - 1670TV Elves
I hate elves. I really hate elves. Elves of all colours and races, I hate them all. They run around with their shiny hats and tight pants and AG4 thinking they can dodge around and make miracle plays and dammit they get away with it. I just can't compete with that much AG4 and high speed with a bunch of MV6, ST2 gobbos no matter how dodgy I make them. to make it worse Bobs also has a DP elf just to remind me that he will kick me when I am down. I hope you trip on your stupid poncy elven boots on the way to prem.
Prediction 0-4 loss and lots of elf balling.

Well there you have it my amazingly accurate predictions from gazing into my warpstone crystal ball (note actual results may vary).

Good luck with the season everyone, have fun and remember to keep it FLUFFY.

If you're interested join the Fringe
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:
RedMaul wrote:
FU YOU DDS

Eh, no argument from me (except for the part about not seeing a team like yours before), looks like a pretty solid prediction. Now try not to choke on those +st dorfs and fail to win the title...

The blackwater sting probably remain the freakiest collection of freaks I think I've seen on a bloodbowl pitch though tomay's redhead's revenge that got canned with the crp changeover before they could take a shot at premier come close.

Redhead Revenge and 4 +St's, one less than Red's.

Although it is hard for me to figure out exactly who was alive at the sametime at the Sting, it is clear they were at least double the TV value of stats. But there is something scarier about the rock-stat-freak sides. They won't just beat you, they will annihilate you.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well check out the Cajones on the Fresh Mea- .. err.. Reggie! Very Happy

Are those a pair of Brass Balls in your pocket or just a couple 'o warpstones? Razz

Good luck in the first match... give em hell! Wink Razz

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Over on Channel BB, a list of all 66 players who have been selected as All Stars in the past ten seasons

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Good work as always Redgum.

Just finished watching the games from today.
Good stuff all around!

Although I have to say...
I hope you were a gentleman Carl.
Did you buy Dazed breakfast and pay for the taxi home after that display?

These HEROES need to be stopped....

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 21:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Team Challenge - Season LXV

A late entry to SWL and HAND means there will be some fixtures in the Reggies after all. Welcome to humans Wildcard Nats.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Wildcard Nats? I don't see them in the fixtures.

Bio template here.
almic85

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

D_Arquebus wrote:
Well check out the Cajones on the Fresh Mea- .. err.. Reggie! Very Happy

Are those a pair of Brass Balls in your pocket or just a couple 'o warpstones? Razz

Good luck in the first match... give em hell! Wink Razz

They definitely look something like this.

Now on with the show. Nothing can stop this circus Twisted Evil

If you're interested join the Fringe
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice predictions Almic. 4 wins and a draw will get you close to a spot in Prem, which would be a big achievement for your guys - especially in our division.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In case anyone is interested, here is a recap of my prem game with commentary.
https://youtu.be/5Iz_sxSvHq8

(It's 10 minutes and best watched in HD so you can read the text)

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Faulcon wrote:
RedMaul wrote:
FU YOU DDS

Eh, no argument from me (except for the part about not seeing a team like yours before), looks like a pretty solid prediction. Now try not to choke on those +st dorfs and fail to win the title...

The blackwater sting probably remain the freakiest collection of freaks I think I've seen on a bloodbowl pitch though tomay's redhead's revenge that got canned with the crp changeover before they could take a shot at premier come close.

Redhead Revenge and 4 +St's, one less than Red's.

Although it is hard for me to figure out exactly who was alive at the sametime at the Sting, it is clear they were at least double the TV value of stats. But there is something scarier about the rock-stat-freak sides. They won't just beat you, they will annihilate you.

Annihilating a team is largely reliant on dice, skill choices and intent. I rarely exercise more than 1 out of 3. Last prem we got diced by woodies cutting through our av like crazy. The only guarantee to breaking an opponent is piling on and claw and liberal use of a DP. I do none of this.

I might have to start maybe.. but I haven't yet.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the way I look at it, 5x ST 4 Dwarfs is just an Orc Team Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

D_Arquebus wrote:

With a million skills, blanket block and tackle, positioning skills oh and probably a bit more guard.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
D_Arquebus wrote:

With a million skills, blanket block and tackle, positioning skills oh and probably a bit more guard.

Mere technicalities.

Cos other than those things, they're pure Orc.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

DustBunny wrote:
Although I have to say...
I hope you were a gentleman Carl.
Did you buy Dazed breakfast and pay for the taxi home after that display?

I think Nuffle has to take most the blame.
The Orcs kept hitting, but the Elves kept getting back up.
On the other hand, the Elves (especially Haemir) made the most of their hits.

DustBunny wrote:
These HEROES need to be stopped....

That is hardly very becoming of an Illustrious Noble Scholar!
(Unless you mean that they should be stopped so they can be examined, for science of course).

Bio template here.
 Jump to: