52 coaches online • Server time: 16:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
Christer wrote:
Pushed a small layout update that should resolve missing (Play) links, and also fixed the logos shown on the match result page.

Nice one Christer and thanks again for Custom Rosters, it is better than anything I could have hoped for.

Fully agree with cowhead "better than anything i could hope for"

I am having so much fun designing and creating that league that it had been in my mind for soooo long...and most features i needed are there! my god unbelievable!
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:
Aside from the News articles, I haven't exactly found a link to rulesets. Could you wither tell me where the link is, or add one under the Fumbbl tab, where it'd be more easily accessed from any other page?

What do you mean? Something that explains how rule sets work or a link to rule sets in use , or where you make one from?
A link to the ruleset creation, and a link to the list of available rulesets would both be helpful
legislat

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Comparing ordinary wight to the ethereals wraith:

6-3-3-8, check
GS, check
Block vs Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence, Leap, Very Long Legs, Regenerate, Stab
90k vs 100k

Seems legit Laughing
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

How about you play with them before commenting. The player is correctly priced in line with the pricing guide. If the team is too strong I'll make adjustments sure. You do know that when a players cost is over 100k anything over that is halved and rounded down right? Also a further 10 k adjustment can be made for balance reasons

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, No offence) I certainly will play them: on paper they look very very strong. I thought that such difference in stats is funny, thats all.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hi legislat, this isn't the thread for discussing Secret League rosters. That has a separate thread. This is for mechanical custom roster feedback.

Feature Requests (apologies if some have been mentioned elsewhere)

1. Would it be possible to add the functionality for either/or positionals to rosters? This would allow rosters where you could have say 0-12 linemen plus 0-6 from X group of players? I know a few Secret League teams planned to work like this. I think a few leagues may find this useful too.

2. Clone Roster feature - the ability to import any roster to your own ruleset but not as an 'external roster' but as an editable one, so for example if someone wanted to create CRP+ they could import all the CRP rosters and then edit them.

3. A player bank to import from. So I could (for example) create a single Minotaur and add it to each team. This would work similarly to the Star Player system I suppose, but for regular players.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

1. Would it be possible to add the functionality for either/or positionals to rosters? This would allow rosters where you could have say 0-12 linemen plus 0-6 from X group of players? I know a few Secret League teams planned to work like this. I think a few leagues may find this useful too.

What's the positionallinking feature? Is it you can have upto from the 2 positionals?

Also what making a player a 'Star' do? As you can already tick whether each team can take one of a player and add loner if you wish.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 12:34
FUMBBL Staff

The positional linking Christer said is to allow a Brick/Grotty like combo, so I guess it's buy 1 get both players?

Making a player a Star means they only show up as inducements instead of on the purchase roster, I'd guess (not tested this yet, though I'm sure others have).

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh ok gotcha. Both make sense now. Then I second your request and add to it.

For example the ability to take 0-4 catchers. However you can take 2 different types of catchers up to the 0-4.
Victor_Vermis

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this is intended, but Custom Rosters currently can be used as a sort of poor-man's admin controls (freely adding skills, adjusting stats to already-existing players).

After making a normal Amazon Blitzer and creating a team consisting of just her, I edited her stats and added Bombardier and Secret Weapon (dice roll) to the custom roster position for this player: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11286725

The stats and additional skills were changed in the client.
On the player's page, the new skills appeared, but the adjusted stats remain unchanged).

Similar example from Secret League: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=844023
Garion changed the custom roster Keeper of Secrets AV from 9 to 8, and although it worked in-game for my already-existing Keeper, it still appears as AV9 on the player page.

Since trying this, Green/Pink highlighting appears now on the player's page, but the stats still appear unchanged. I have not used either of these players in the client since whatever change resulted in highlighting for custom roster adjustments, for what it's worth.

PS - I like the poor man's admin controls and plan on making a league in which this can be used so I don't mind if it stays this way. I'll have every player be their own "position". Thanks. Very Happy
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

does it change every player in that position or you can edit on a player-to-player basis?

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 12:13
FUMBBL Staff

It would change every player in that position. It's a ball-ache to set up, but it does work. Cowhead is doing this in College Fumbbl. Each team has it's own roster, and each player it's own position.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 16:32
FUMBBL Staff

This is how things are expected to work at the moment. There are, however, a couple of things I will end up changing at some point:

1. When you change a position, the players of that position will be made to automatically update to the new stats. Right now, individual players will change after a match has been played. Note that this may also require a recalculation of TV of existing teams.

2. Further down the line, I will implement the ability for league commissioners to edit individual players rather than having to do this through positions and the rosters. No ETA for this though.

I'll add both of these to the TODO list on the first page of this thread.
Victor_Vermis

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify: the change works in-client,I've played multiple matches since the change from AV9 to AV8 for this position: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11278953

The weirdness is that on the player page, it still shows AV9, and sometime in the last day or two (I think) it displays AV value as though it received a +1 AV skill-up (green highlight, mouseover text: "Armour (+1)"

Regardless of what the AV should be, it's displaying differently between the game and the site. Hope this is useful info!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 20:46
FUMBBL Staff

Christer wrote:
I'll add both of these to the TODO list on the first page of this thread.

Did you notice my requests further up the page? Are they likely to make the list or too much trouble to implement?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: