44 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jevouse

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolfpack Tour Reaction

When informed of the touring group, assistant packleader Helmut von Jägerulf snarled "We've long wanted to get to grips with those bearcubs who think the way to play Bloodbowl is to lie on the ground and drag their opponents down with them! We'll show them the error of their lying ways. As for those dishonourable Gunners, let's see how they fare up close- Face to face with us in our natural habitat. The axemen are the only true opposition here, with their wolflike speed and agility. Nevertheless, this will not prevent us from doing what we must. For Ulric!"

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Stirland Chipper
Boris Bettygew, Wurtbad

The CBBA announced the Touring Leg draw today for all teams, the pride of Stirland, the SPSU AXEMEN were lucky in many regards, drawing what could be said to be one of the friendlier legs available.

The AXEMEN will join Touring Leg Group B along with:
The Nuln City Gunners
The Erengard Yhetees
The Middenland State Wolfpack

All four teams in Group B have a strong chance to take first place, however each holds a unique style of play.

The Nuln City Gunners, hail from the snobby All Imperial Conference, where they are the laughable punching bag to the Griffins and Scorpions however, in non-conference play they will be a formidable opponent that is certain.

Little is known about the mysterious Erengard Yhetees other than they like to cuddle their opponents, don't be confused though. By 'cuddle' I wish to report that most opponents end up in a mauled heap on the icy surface of their home stadium.

Finally the Middenheim Wolfpack, often seen as the 'little brother' to the other Middenhiem based outfit the Harlequin's, the Wolfpack brings a lot of punch into Touring Leg B. Our AXEMEN will need to be on their game to avoid being brutalized by this aggressive under-dog team.

All in all, Touring Leg B could very well be the best news for our valiant AXEMEN in their pursuit of a second CBBA Title, time will tell. The Official Draw will commence soon.

LETS GO AXEMEN!!!

For more information, news and commentary, read the Stirland Chipper first.

#ChopCity #SPSUAxemen #CBBA #CutEmDownToSize #CBBATouringDraw

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 01:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Miragliano Standard

Diavoli Hit the Road

Hitch up your wagons fans, the Diavoli circus is on tour. Despite widespread misgivings about team management and selection it seem the fans aren't deterred from supporting this new venture. An army of supporters are on the highways heading north to follow their new team. Sadly the first two games are far north of Tilea so we won't see our boys play at home for some time. However, at least make sure you come out and wish them and their travelling fans well as they pass through Miragliano.

We've witnessed unprecedented comradery between fans from rival cities coming together to support their common heroes. Take this chant for example, a generous dedication by Verezzo fans to the lone Trantio rep on the team Monte "Ass" Camino:

Ode to Monte

Vipers too shite for Tilea force
they bring Ass from western shores
Drinks all the vino
Monte Camino

Mila picks Diavoli boys
Tobaro dwarf an easy choice
Hung like asino
Monte Camino

Our blocker he gets all the Cas
We all love him, he's our Ass
Short like bambino
Monte Camino

There are a full ten further verse in this song to the Trantio blocker. However, in respect to our diverse readership we have refrained from printing the rest. We do not wish to inadvertantly insult members of our religious, elderly, elf, political, intellectual and ethnic communities.

Get out there and support our team. Viva Tilea, Viva Diavoli
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Griffins Confident of Touring Leg Clean Sweep
Debby Demonbreeder – Sports Reporter for the Altdorf Daily

The Altdorf University Griffins captain, Eckardt "Eagle Eye" Klopstock made himself available to interviewers following the team's training session today. On the back of the release of the touring draw Eckardt said he was "more concerned about the Conference Leg" than he was of the Touring Leg draw, despite it being a relatively tough group.

"We're looking forward to showing the Chevaliers how the Empire plays real blood bowl but the other two teams aren't even on our radar. It looks like the Scorpions and Panthers have an easy go of it, so we are focusing on really nailing that Inter Conference leg. The lead up will just be practice."

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Stirland Chipper
Boris Bettygew, Wurtbad

BREAKING NEWS

I have received information from a source within training facilities from one of the CBBA's most prestigious schools.

The source who will remain anonymous revealed today that student-athletes from the Altdorf University Griffins are given an unknown liquid before and after every training session. Apparently the liquid is to aid with muscle development and repair.

This smells like a performance enchancing program! like that with which we have seen all too much of in the pro leagues, such as the Southern Wastes League!

I hope that the CBBA officials are onto the Griffins and investigate this thoroughly!!

#DrugCity #CBBAOfficals #CBBA #PerformanceEnhancing #AICCHEATS

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

LAYING THE BOOT INTO THE MOOT

NBC News ~ Your #1 source for Northern Border Confederates news

With the announcement of the touring draw, NBC News cannot help but look forward to the Confederates much anticipated matchup against those mites from the Moot, the Mootland Fighting Cockerels.

The Confederates new coach, Coach K, led the Black Cocks for two seasons (CBBA seasons 1 & 2), compiling a 0-2-10 record, before leaving the team to coach the Dwarven aviators of the Karak Hirn Gold Wings.

For those NBC readers unaware of Coach K's rather acrimonious separation from the Black Cocks (his first head coaching assignment), here's a snippet of how the news went down at the time:

"Mootland University's Green Dean was visibly upset by the decision, and refused to comment on Coach K's departure."

"All-Star Fox Newpelt lashed out, calling his former coach a "cockerel-sucking traitor"

NBC News reached out to Coach K, asking him what went wrong during his debut coaching gig:

“I was young and they were bad. The players cared more for post-game culinary delights than on-field fights. I feel that I got all I could out of that half-baked roster – it was time to move on to meaner, greener pastures.

"I wish the Black Cocks no Ill-will, just my commiserations towards what will no doubt be a disastrous return to the CBBA. What’s the over/under on Cockerel deaths for the season? I’ll take the over...”

There's some spice in this upcoming dish of a game, no doubt! Here’s hoping the league office sees the marketability of this matchup and schedules it for the opening weekend.

#BootTheMoot #AllTheWayWithCoachK

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Offical request from the Nordrak College Manticores to the CBBA

I would formally like to request that our collage have there cheerleading squads reinstated.

I understand that our cheerleaders were removed because of some misunderstandings.

I have happened to come across some wonderful dancing girls at a club and I think that these misguided girls could do with a good education and direction.

We can save these poor souls and put them to good use.

The deans have approved and is willing to give the girls a scholarship out of the collages funds but only if the CBBA will approve.

I have been watching these girls dance and they have whipped me into a frenzy and got the blood to boil I can only imagine they would do the same thing for fans and bring in new blood into the stands.

Regards

Pyates16
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA Chirpfeed - The Action Begins

Round 1 is officially underway! Bring on the CBBA #returnofthegoodtimes #ItsBack #CBBA

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA Chirpfeed - Matchups Of the Round (Round 1)

The three best matchups of the first round of CBBA action are:
Harlequins vs Eagles: Rarely do we see elves play each other in CBBA, who's the best elf?

Stallions vs Buccs: Two teams favored to win their conference battle it out for early momentum.

Bears vs Scorpions: Are the Bears going to be a threat again against the big teams? Find out!

#ItsBack #CBBA #Matchups

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA Denies Urlso Morg!
Urlso Press
The CBBA has long struggled to attract any stars to the game, the stage was set for the recruitment of Morg'n'Thorg for the opening game. Urlso drew the very rich Scorpions for their first game, in a move that was clearly orchestrated by the corrupt CBBA in order to get one of their favorites off to a good start.

The betting agencies faced a game where no one would or could bet on Urlso, and so they offered to recruit Morg'n'Thorg in order to even things up! Morg has long been considered a "hometown hero" ever since he stayed the night in Urlso around 6 years ago.

However the CBBA has blocked this move on the grounds that Morg was not a student. Urlso swiftly responded by enrolling Morg for free, yet the CBBA still blocked this. It is once again obvious to this paper that the CBBA has basically been created to feed the wealthy college's wins and esteem. Morg or not, we can't wait for the season opening!

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
suttbutt

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Stirland Chipper
Boris Bettygew, Wurtbad

It'd seem that our Mighty AXEMEN ventured north into the frozen tundra under prepared. Completely outclassed by the Erengrad Yhetees and reeling from an early loss to key playmaker "Tiny" Mihaili.

The Match rounded out to a 2 - 1 Loss for the AXEMEN, although there were further opportunities to score, the bold men from Stirland failed to capitalize on them. Changes to the scheme made by 'Twinkletoes' throughout the 2nd half showed promise, however it proved to be too little too late.

If Coach Suttbutt is to keep his position as Head Coach he is going to need to make some changes and fast, Stirland will not accept such poor results on a regular basis.

#CBBA #TouringLegB #StirlandAXEMEN #CHOPCITY #CutEmDownToSize #ErengardYhetees #CoachesHotseat

Last edited by suttbutt on %b %01, %2016 - %00:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Erengrad University public statement on famous opening of CBBA season.

Erengrad CBBA Yhetees open season with open season on weak imperial farm boys, breaking best of them and putting most of team off pitch. Then get tired and lazy, give up ball, and barely get win. More training ahead, but is hot on road, must expect slow finish. If any slower, not just opposing players get broken, yes. maybe even coach not survive season.

Still, wrestle bowl squad and coach gaining some experience before real matches in north wind division begin. Bowl winner no doubt will emerge. Must not fall behind Bears and Buccs in race for bowl, or will be much recrimination. Stupid Bulls also in north division, but while being imperials: is bad and wrong, but we can break them for some fun.

Mad bombers follow. Will break them also, crazy imperials with useless devices. End message.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

In a breezy cafe on the River Sannez

Coach Bob de Guisonne looked over the touring roster for the coming season. Delivered as always by Francois the goat herder (also assistant coach)

"So we start with a confused lion, then on to an angry pigeon followed by an Arrogant confused lion. I dont see the problem. Apart from the long miles we have to do this will be a breeze."

"Tell the boys to pack light. We're travelling fast, just like we play"

"Allez Francois, and get 2 casks of red to go."

Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Asked for a quick comment after the Bulls opening 4-1 demolition of the Northern Confederates Coach Faulcon just had this to say:

"it's not wkhether tbhey get knedock downn, ni'ts whether tmhey get back up. thorgad made sure teyh d'ndti get bapck up. cnad anyone who says studlent busvch got ckab uop is dhrunker tuhan mea, povor bastard was dead as soton jas that plabstered quack got hsi hands obn ihm"
Patdragon

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Georg, Greger and Grog
or two panther players in a pub in .

Georg: Another one barmaid!

Greger: Gotta be the last one Georg we have practice tomorrow.

Georg: It'll be fineee.. We've ages until the real match it not scheduled until the 10th, that's like a whole extra week before we head off to the Mootland. Plus we're playing the cockerels so easy win right. These non imperials are easy to beat.

Greger: Well I wouldn't say that, did you see the result the Bulls got today, they're who were playing next and they trounced the Confeds.

Georg: Yeah I saw it. But what I noticed was the Confeds getting revenge at the end and killing a guy. Right putting the boot in. That's gonna be bad press for them and something we need to look out for when we play them too.

Greger: Yeah with us being the favourites in this tour we're probably gonna be on the arse end of it to. We need to be ready for it, which is why we have practice.

Georg: Practice Smacktrice, when you've got natural talent like us, we just need to show up.

Greger:
Fine one grog more but you're paying for this round.

Georg: Barmaid Another for my good catcher

Last edited by Patdragon on %b %03, %2016 - %13:%Jul; edited 4 times in total
 Jump to: