63 coaches online • Server time: 19:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kharon

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2016 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This Saturday at 23:30 (bbtime) Vinnskor Storm vs Sacrifices to Khorne!

This last round match will determine the winner of the Sea of Chaos division. Wood elves need a win or a tie to grab the banner, but a defeat will crown the nurgle team Kärsämäki Critters as champions. Humans have practically nothing at stake league-wise (thanks to shraagh's cursed predictions), but they will surely fight like cornered rats.

With all the tackle and mighty blow the humans have, this could become an expensive bloodbath to the benchless elves.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2016 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to your game. Still hoping for 4 out of 4 predictions correct, I just need to bribe the correct people.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2016 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

And so it is done.

After a 4-1 win over the Sacrifices of Khorne, the Vinnskor Storm take the divisional championship of the Sea of Chaos!

The end result doesn't give honor to the match itself. Most of my td's (read: three of them) were due to The_Demon rolling double skulls and/or loads of 1's on too many consequtive turns.

The game granted me three skill-ups, and thanks to Nuffle's continuing grace, I have now also a +AG wardancer. Funnily, though, after 26 skill rolls I have rolled doubles only once, and that was when I got the +ST on my wardancer [/thinly veiled brag].
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2016 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

congrats on the win! Smile
in the end, the humans only managed to win against me Razz
good luck in the play-offs
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Vygr 0-3 Clan Microdorf

"A solid match and an acheivement for the team," says Lord Snappi "I'm happy that most of our scientists made it safely back home, with almost no injuries. I'm sure that's a remarkable feat for the research team. There's still a lot to do tho and we might need more time and more test sub... emh more studies on the team's abilities."
Lord Snappi sponsored a end-of-season party at the City Hall with a newly developed brew that left the meta-humans drowsy so that even the bloodba..emh researchers could enjoy some moments of peace outside the field.
The team end his third season scoring a whopping total of 40 (FORTY!) bootstomps, honouring its two tainted mask banners and placing in a good position for earning the third.

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

With the Undead of Durfang, Wood Elves of Vinnskor, and the eternally travelling Necros of the Naglfari longboat winning their divisions -- it is now down to whether Chaos from Mt. Barak can beat their cousins from Couronne to grab the final place in the play-offs. If not, the Elves of Sjoktraken will win their 3rd successive division title on the Claw coast.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Kharon

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2016 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooo... Any news on the decisive game in the Claw Coast? When's it gonna be played and will the schedule for the finals be tweaked due to the wait? We're two days past the final round's deadline...
Kharon

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The finals will be kicked off tonight at 22:00 bbtime, when my woodies will face cowhead's chaos. Spectators are very welcome!
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be facing Russo's darkies in OBBA, but I will peep there as well

Kharon

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2016 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 4 Finals: Durfang Draugr vs. Vinnskor Storm scheduled for Thursday at 20:30 bbtime.

Teams have met once before: 1-1 result in a decisive fifth round match in season 3 destroyed Storm's hopes for winning their division. Will the elves outrun the cadavers this time, or are the mummies and wights still too powerful for the flimsy wardancers?
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2016 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Final!
And good to see the Sea of Chaos Champion is here Smile Go Go Go!

When's the next season? Very Happy
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

After an exciting final vs the Undead of Durfang, which reached well into overtime, we can now congratulate the Wood Elves of Vinnskor Storm, chieftain Rego Jarl, and Head Coach Kharon on their first NSL title.

They also beat the Marauders of Mt Barak in the semi-final to get there.

Next they will defend the Norscan honour in the Casualty Cup (opponents tbd).

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

At the season-end celebrations post match, The Traditional Goat Races hosted by the chieftains have also taken place! For the first time with NSL teams represented at the races.

Having counted the casualty and touchdown differences, the following teams had goats at the starting line:
* each team get a number of goats on the starting line equal to their combined negative cas and td scores.

Sjoktraken Oilers 2 goats: 1-2
Couronne Crazies 3 goats: 3-5
Graelings Philosophers 10 goats: 6-15
Kleitborg Fighting Cooks 7 goats: 16-22
Sacrifices to Khorne 4 goats: 23-26
Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids 4 goats: 27-30
Ginnungagap Invaders 10 goats: 31-40
Trollheim Trixters 19 goats (!): 41-59 (surely they have cheated?)
Skeggi Yellow Eyes 3 goats: 60-62
Rost Rats 5 goats: 63-67
Vygr 4 goats: 68-71
Blade Bay Renegades 7 goats, but since they have abandonned the league, we have roasted these goats for you to enjoy.

After an arduous race, with many a headbutt, and having searched for and successfully caught the winning goat, we saw that it had the Ginnungap Invaders branding burnt into its hide. A d71 was rolled to determine the winner.

They have been awarded the Coastal Decree, which coach Shraaaag may use at the start of next season to move to a division of choice. The chieftains will then decide which team moves the other way (in reality this will be determined by a random dice roll).

More awards and info next season to follow soon...

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %08, %2016 - %23:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, love a bit of roast goat!

DLE College 7s
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Anywhere there's no dwarves! Smile