44 coaches online • Server time: 13:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Desultory

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any notable FUMBBL games specifically where an immense level of skill was shown from both players? Where both players were 'on their game' so to speak. Maybe there are too many, but I wonder if there's anything special to be shared?

I'm not talking about the outliers where there are like 9 goals per game. 1-0 grindathons are fine, if both players played really well.

I'm looking at Legend games in general as generally they will play the most optimally. But of course other games are welcome if you are particularly interested/proud of them for some reason.

Last edited by Desultory on %b %27, %2016 - %20:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
arry

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe take a look at big leagues finals and semifinals? For example, Hubba Cups' last rounds should be engaging to watch.
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Decent games from the hip:
Last year WO finals
Same year WO qualifier match vs Harad
T16 This is why you pick frenzy, another great match vs Malmir

Apologies for only picking games I win in, for some reason they seem to stick to mind more. I'll leave to others to pick the ones where they beat me Wink
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 16:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, stick with the major tournaments. There are some coaches *cough* that are only legends because of meta and specific team builds. And I am not just talking about killstack, those actually don't usually make the finals.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking major finals can't be bad. Also look at the previous rounds for tasty matches. Those with close results are usually the most entertaining.

Lastly, don't consider CR too much. I've seen many great coaches tagged as stars or so. Only takes some stunty games to drop that thing a whole lot!
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Majors finals, Big league finals (NBFL, National College Bowl II, SWL, Secret League) are all good places to look for top matches. Also there will occasionally be a blog announcement of two legend teams playing that can be cool/instructive to watch.

Not to continue your 'remove chat' thread, but I'm confused by you Desultory. You don't want to chat/ be social, but you continue to post in the forums looking for answers from others Question And of course we, as a community, all continue to provide them to you because we are mostly all social coaches & happy to help. I truly hope you will, at some point, see that social interactions, both in game & in the forums, are positive & help us to continue to grow our social gaming community here. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The URN is good for top match-ups. Last year's champions from SWL and WIL pitted against each other in an annual team contest over 5 games.

The URN group page: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=8786&p=tournaments

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Desultory

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Stonetroll wrote:
Decent games from the hip:
Last year WO finals
Same year WO qualifier match vs Harad
T16 This is why you pick frenzy, another great match vs Malmir

Apologies for only picking games I win in, for some reason they seem to stick to mind more. I'll leave to others to pick the ones where they beat me Wink

These were really nice. I see why you chose each of them. I particularly like the first one more than the other 2.
 Jump to: