16 coaches online • Server time: 07:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's all in the title really, I was looking at the SL Clan skryre team and they have bombers and jezzails who come with hail mary pass as standard.
So could I pass the bomb to one of them then HMP down the field?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it's possible, but I'm not sure you could use HMP to toss the bomb beyond that.
I've considered that strategy with my skyre slaves in stuntee, but never actually attempted it.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you would have to use an actual pass action to employ HMP. I don't think there's anything preventing you from deliberately throwing the bomb at a teammate and then having the teammate re-throw it, though.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

From the CRP rules:

Bombardier (Extraordinary)
A coach may choose to have a Bombardier who is not Prone or Stunned throw a bomb instead of taking any other Action with the player. This does not use the team's Pass Action for the turn. The bomb is thrown using the rules for throwing the ball (including weather effects and the use of Hail Mary Pass), except that the player may not move or stand up before throwing it (he needs time to light the fuse!). Intercepted bomb passes are not turnovers. Fumbles or any bomb explosions that lead to a player on the active team being Knocked Down are turnovers. All skills that may be used when a ball is thrown may be used when a bomb is thrown also. A bomb may be intercepted or caught using the same rules for catching the ball, in which case the player catching it must throw it again immediately. This is a special bonus Action that takes place out of the normal sequence of play. A player holding the ball can catch or intercept and throw a bomb. The bomb explodes when it lands in an empty square or an opportunity to catch the bomb fails or is declined(i.e., bombs don't 'bounce'). If the bomb is fumbled it explodes in the bomb thrower's square. If a bomb lands in the crowd, it explodes with no effect. When the bomb finally does explode any player in the same square is Knocked Down, and players in adjacent squares are Knocked Down on a roll of 4+. Players can be hit by a bomb and treated as Knocked Down even if they are already Prone or Stunned. Make Armour and Injury rolls for any players Knocked Down by the bomb. Casualties caused by a bomb do not count for Star Player points.
AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It should work! Definitely gonna try it my Slaves team

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dangerous and fantastic tactic!
mekutata

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

(he needs time to light the fuse!) i love how they wrote the manual in a way that everything makes sense and feels logical

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
(he needs time to light the fuse!) i love how they wrote the manual in a way that everything makes sense and feels logical

Interception roll before the pass roll, fumble chance increasing with the distance (instead of taking into account just tackle zone negative modifiers), choosing mutations that should be random, Vampires not scoring a TD when they move into the End Zone with the ball, logic at its finest.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm making a skryre team and long range bombs incoming :p I jezzail could HMP off 2 bombs a turn if I'm very lucky :p

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

sheepycollins wrote:
I'm making a skryre team and long range bombs incoming :p I jezzail could HMP off 2 bombs a turn if I'm very lucky :p

Sounds like a recipe for lots of dead rats! A very fun recipe though Smile
mekutata

Post 10 Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
mekutata wrote:

Interception roll before the pass roll, fumble chance increasing with the distance (instead of taking into account just tackle zone negative modifiers), choosing mutations that should be random, Vampires not scoring a TD when they move into the End Zone with the ball, logic at its finest.

I guess you are right regarding the dice order for passes and interceptions.
But I am sure there are professional warpstone experts regarding doping/mutations.
But could you elaborate on the vampire td part? I kinda don't understand that one.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
mekutata wrote:

The Vampire one is fine. Just think of it like Rugby rules where you have to actually touch the ball down to get a touchdown. The Vampire is so distracted he just runs through the endzone.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
sheepycollins wrote:

Sounds like a recipe for lots of dead rats! A very fun recipe though Smile

Why do you think rats are so cheap? It's because they're meant to be expendable lol aslong as they kill some pesky elveses or rotten beardies it's worth it.

It's practically skaven lore to kill their own guys after all there's apparently 70 words in the skaven language for friendly fire :p

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
mekutata wrote:

I guess you are right regarding the dice order for passes and interceptions.
But I am sure there are professional warpstone experts regarding doping/mutations.
But could you elaborate on the vampire td part? I kinda don't understand that one.

When a vampire suffers blood lust it must feed before the end of its turn so if it has the ball and runs into the end zone but there isn't an adjacent thrall to bite they drop the ball amd don't score

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

ah okay, but i don't see much of a problem here. the bloodlust drives the vampire too crazy to think about the game anymore, so why should he even move towards the ez if there is nothing to drink?

anyway, good luck with the hmp bombs.