29 coaches online • Server time: 09:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which race will take the stunty sprint this season!?
OgARRs of couARRse! After all, one coach sprints with more ogres than some of us have teams...
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Flings! The little men only need some encouragement after all. And everyone who completes a fling sprint is a winnARR!
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Goblins will sneak it! They ARR after all, thieving little bARRbARRians!
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
It'll be a pie! I mean tie... Or do I mean pie?!
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2016 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty! Welcome to the new season thread for ARR Very Happy

It's been ongoing for almost 3 weeks now, but I could only post the thread now because we weren't tracking games Surprised Cas/td are, as of the script site change, not being tracked for ARR, so bleedARRs and killARRs should probably be considered unavailable/unawardable for a while (Sad )

We've a grand total of one finished sprint at this stage, but unsurprising since it is a very, very quiet month for FUMBBL as a whole. Wintergreen13's ogres supplied the tag for the group as winner's of the last stunty sprint - "Welcome to pARRty Town!!" and I'm guessing it's still party, or at least, holiday time for most of us Smile

So let's take a look at the current front runners:

In FARRst place...
Mattdakka's Red Bats, sitting on 31pts after 12 games, the vamps have taken the lead and narrowly hold it over some elves.

SecondARRy to them...
Djutog's High Borns, are on 28pts after 11 games, just behind the vamps and are the cARRent highest representatives of their race.

ThARRd...
meatball20's Washington Weagles, are the only finished sprint so far, and sit in third with 27pts.

The stunty sprint! (the real sprint)...

Is currently being led by... Ogre me TendARR! Coached by none other than the breaker of fumbbl himself, cdassak Very Happy CARRently on 18pts, they lead Bandle City Thunder who lead the fling sprint on 14pts, and the loud, unkempt and unsavouARRY Pirates of Bogwash who lead the goblin sprint on 7pts Smile

ARR brawl announcements closer to the time, but until then, keep sprinting! Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh an we have a new banner!

Check it on the group page or for the lazy, preview here:

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

First big result of the season here Jimbo...

YARR matey, and what a swashbuckling piece of absolutel banditry 'twas. Tha Pirates of Bogwash were setting to sail tha seas of tha box once moARR, and saw for themselves a fat whale of vARRitable plundARR, and havin manned thARR hARRpoons, prepARRed to boARRd!

No words can do this one justice. Pirates more than worthy winnARRs of both the tie and this shiney heARR badge:

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The Pirates are honoured to be called real Kraken hunters. This has been a badge we have had our sights on for a long time and its awesome we finally got it.

Not often a 1200tv team beats a 2100tv team in the box Smile

ARR
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Season ovARR!!

Apologies for the lack of mid-season updates, but it was a really, really slow one for the box as a whole, not just ARR, before picking up a bit now as we entARR...

PREP GAMES TIME* for the FumbblARR's Cup!!!
*friends don't let friends do prep games

With only 14(!) completed sprints this season (down on the last 2), there wasn't much to report in in general box activity... ApARRt from the grand chase that was the battle for fARRst!

Mattdakka's Red Bats raced out to an early lead, and with so few sprintARRs this season, it looked for some time like they might be reclaiming the title for pointy-eared undeadites! Were they caught? To ouARR standings!

BOOM! FARRst Agains! Timetis' Rain Wild steal the title in the end! Showing once more that they can stay up there over several games, the high (TV that is, avg 187.56!) Elves complete yet another dominating sprint to take the top spot. Not bad for their coach who is, of course mostly known for his numerous orcs and dorf teams in the box Wink We salute yet another superb display of sustained PElfing! (12/1/3, 53pts)

fARRst loser... er Second place!! Goes to Stonetroll's Generic B elves. A completely ordinary squad, with very average players, and very beige tactics - one turn, steal the ball on D, score as much as possible when possible, and all this with a swanky stolen logo! Beaten into second place by a single point in the end! (11/3/2 52pts)

ThARRd place! Goes to the early pace-setters, Mattdakka's Red Bats. A quite humble vampire squad compARRed to some of the others that regularly grace the box, they set a strong eARRly benchmark for othARRs to chase. No doubt there have been muttARRings of poorly timed "snakes" on the granite, or even shakings of head at uncontrollable blood lust at key junctions, but in the end, the Vamps finish thARRd, in a vARRy tightly contested top 3! (10/4/2 50pts)

And a shout-out here to Nestoroide, who finished in both 4&5 with two different Slann teams! (49 & 48pts!)

On to the big one! The stunty sprint! Which btw, was VARRY, VARRY close, in fact, it had to be judged on avg TV played at Surprised

The halfling sprint was won by NikkiClev's Bandle City Thunder (14pts) who played every single game of their sprint in the deadzone that is NA box... The Goblin sprint was taken by Dirold's I Gigietti on 32pts, and the Ogre sprint by none other than, you guessed it, cdassak's Ogre me TendARR on... 32pts.

Both the Goblins and the Ogres went 4/4/8... but I Gigietti played at higher avg TV (by 3pts), and finished one spot highARR on the overall leadARRboard... so they win the stunty race!

I think we have lost bleedARRs & killARRs (as well as scoring recARRds) for the time being unless someone wants to/has time to write new scripts Sad

All othARR top ten finishers can claim this here trophy

EvARRyone who completed a sprint can claim this:

And as always, we can’t be ARR without allowing some to lAARd it ovARR othARRs, so all top three racial finishARRs can claim the appropriate badge:
Image Image Image

If you wARR a brawl winARR in the last season (or previously but haven’t added the badge), then this one heARR is for you!

This season's brawl winnARRs were Throweck's fARRters, Timetis' Rain Wild and Fluffy_bunny's Final Curtain... Great showings from those three Smile Let's keep getting the ARR brawls full of our/ARR teams and showing those who enter only Nurgle or Chaos in the ARR brawl that they needn't be afraid to enter their Slann!

Also worthy of a mention was Tussock's Tribal Leeg Champions participating in the XFL masters. The gobs might have been thARR just to make up the numbers in most people's eyes, but they managed to avoid finishing bottom of theiARR swiss group, after running zons (2-3) and ogres (0-1) close, and managing a very creditable draw vs an extremely strong UNDEAD team (1-1)!
As well as tykoonfranky's Bulboniks le Retour!! who represented ARR in a very, very strong group, and fought extremely hard despite being quite far from the peak of their powARRs.

Complete season standings are here!

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on Oct 01, 2016 - 09:41; edited 1 time in total
jdm

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Things can only get bettARR as we head into the (NH) colder months Smile

Congrats to all the bruisARRs, brawlARRs, dashARRs and smashARRs. Keep on dARRncing

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

And the racial Breakdowns:

dirold I Gigietti Goblin 4/4/8 (32pts)
Miceycraft Pirates of Bogwash 4/3/9 (31pts)
Triton [B]ounga Bounga 2/4/10 (26pts)

NikkiClev Bandle City Thunder 0/0/14 (14pts)
Squiglet Lunchboxers 1/1/3 (9pts)
Azure Epic Failures of Foresight 1/0/1 (5pts)

cdassak Ogre me tendARR 4/4/8 (32pts)
Timetis Seven-League Boots 3/2/2 (18pts)
mrt1212 Jumbo Franks and Weenies BBL 2/1/3 (13pts)

MattDakka Red Bats 10/4/2 (50pts)
Steakhachez Midnight Tango Dancers 8/3/5 (43pts)
bancobat Guinguetus Narvalis 4/5/0 (26pts)

Timetis Rain Wild 12/1/3 (53pts)
Uedder Hopeless Brigade 9/0/3 (39pts)
MattDakka Loec's Lynces 8/1/4 (38pts)

Stonetroll Generic [B] elves 11/3/2 (52pts)
MattDakka Asuryan's Phoenices 6/6/4 (40pts)
azyx vapourlecomplot 6/3/7 (37pts)

Nestoroide Batracios cabreados 11/0/5 (49pts)
Nestoroide Ranaldinhos Superstar team 10/2/4 (48pts)
MattDakka Tzunki's Hoppers 6/4/5 (37pts)

keggiemckill Florescent Jumpsuits 7/3/5 (39pts)
Rbthma Mosshollow Creepers 5/2/7 (31pts)
tykoonfranky Bulboniks le Retour!! 4/3/7 (29pts)

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Not bad for their coach who is, of course mostly known for his numerous orcs and dorf teams in the box Wink

Foulscumm made me do it! I claim innocence:d
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work AD!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, awesome stuff AD! Thanks for this!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

One question I have: are the 8 least-played races re-assessed each season? For example, it seems like very few Khemri games have been played in the Box recently.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No. They are not re-evaluated at all.

And to be honest, there's quite a few Khemri games played - just mostly low TV where they are strongest.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

From Koadah's pages:

Code:

Chaos 59614   
Chaos Dwarf 46047   
Orc 37856   
Nurgle 37761   
Dwarf 36410   
Necromantic 30825   
Human 30358   
Chaos Pact 28545   
Undead 24621   
Skaven 23187   
Norse 23155   
Dark Elf 22774   
Lizardmen 21837   
Wood Elf 20422   
Khemri 18644
Amazon 15102   
High Elf 11192
Underworld 11069   
Slann 10337   
Vampire 9855   
Elf 9605   
Goblin 7490   
Ogre 6902   
Halfling 5006   

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I was just wondering. Btw, those stats seem to cover quite a long time period. According to this page, there were only just over 1600 games played in the Box in September.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

They cover the box since CRP.

This has been discussed in the past, and people weren't for changing - and certainly not each season (ie. every two months). I think the last time they were looked at the team closest to being "ARR" was post-scheduler change Zons.... And er, nobody wanted them in.