38 coaches online • Server time: 12:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
babass

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

what is the estimate of time to see, the first CLAWPOMB+WeepingBlades on fumbbl? (3 double skill to do this combo)
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends when the client can be updated for the new rules if it is.

DLE College 7s
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The NAF has however clarified the Weeping Dagger skill, and the wording is that “If this player inflicts a casualty during a block, if the result is Badly Hurt after any rerolls, then roll a d6, and on a 4+ the player misses the next game. If you are not playing a league, the skill has no effect”. We have also asked about the interaction with the Apothecary (to which the reroll is referring). If the Apo used on a Badly Hurt result before or after the Apo reroll, the player is healed rather than being Badly Hurt, and so Weeping Dagger can’t be used, so basically if the Apo is used at all, Weeping Dagger has no effect.

So, it is even more marginal. I know that we have some bloodthirsty coaches, but how many of them do you see using three doubles to eventually cause more mng results? I suspect we'll see no more ClawPOMB Gutters than we do now.

I'll be the first to admit that Weeping Blade is a bit silly and ill judged, I just find it hard to believe it'll affect anything, ever. Even less so as more information has become available. Actually, if I have to play against a Skaven team going for GR CAS, all it'll do is make me happier! Also, there is that 'league' thing again. Everything apart from 60 k Catchers we've heard about thus far has been in the same sentence as 'league' 'optional' or both. Worth waiting for the actual wording / layout to see what is actually going to stick.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %15, %2016 - %18:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 09:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The NAF has however clarified the Weeping Dagger skill, and the wording is that “If this player inflicts a casualty during a block, if the result is Badly Hurt after any rerolls, then roll a d6, and on a 4+ the player misses the next game. If you are not playing a league, the skill has no effect”. We have also asked about the interaction with the Apothecary (to which the reroll is referring). If the Apo used on a Badly Hurt result before or after the Apo reroll, the player is healed rather than being Badly Hurt, and so Weeping Dagger can’t be used, so basically if the Apo is used at all, Weeping Dagger has no effect.

So, it is even more marginal. I know that we have some bloodthirsty coaches, but how many of them do you see using three doubles to eventually cause more mng results? I suspect we'll see no more ClawPOMB Gutters than we do now.

I'll be the first to admit that Weeping Blade is a bit silly and ill judged. I just find it hard to believe it'll affect anything, ever. Even less so as more information has become available. Actually, if I have to play against a Skaven team going for GR CAS, all it'll do is make me happier! Also, there is that 'league' thing again. Everything apart from 60 k Catchers we've heard about thus far has been in the same sentence as 'league' 'optional' or both. Worth waiting for the actual wording / layout to see what is actually going to stick.

I was about to post this myself. I read it a couple of days ago. It really is a non-issue for me. I'm much more excited about potential new Special Play cards and squig balls Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It's actually quite nice to see someone get excited about the crazier optional stuff. The Internet is awash with worry and panic, it's refreshing. Smile
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 09:53
FUMBBL Staff

Well, I don't take my blood bowl too seriously. Maybe that's apparent from my record and team selections Wink

When I was a young blood bowler, the special play cards really made the games for us. I think CRP is a great ruleset for mature gamers and tournament like environments. I'm hoping this new ruleset will appeal more to the young and fun gamers. Like we all used to be

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
It's actually quite nice to see someone get excited about the crazier optional stuff. The Internet is awash with worry and panic, it's refreshing. Smile

I'm curious about the new league rules. "Wants to retire" and "off season" sounds interesting.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

(Josh) They apparently made a big deal of cards at Essen and there have been a couple of promo things shown on Facebook, so you're likely going to be able to relive your youth!

So long as it's well formatted and labelled optional, everyone should be happy. As a more 'mature' BBer, cards are already enough of a thing for me. Wink

(Roland) Yep, that stuff would be interesting for [L] / real life commissioners to explore.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I am curious about those too, I just hope they are done well.

But hey, if not, we'll just ignore them.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread's become like one of those tabloid advice columns. Ask Agony Uncle Goo.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I am also very excited. Really looking forward to going to the launch event, even just for a couple of hours, to see it all being played out.

New players to the game has to be a good thing right?

Also, nostalgia.

I was concerned at first but I have come around to being more excited the closer it gets.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess a lot of the new rules are going to come down to FUMBBL semantics (what's a league guv?) to even see if they are applicable never mind accepted.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it’ll be OK. ‘What is a league’ might be a thing, but only if the rules are not clearly written. I don’t remember anyone ever having a clarity problem with BB rules before, but I only came aboard during LRB 4. GW have said that CRP is the basis for the new edition, so you’d hope it will follow that the new edition will be as clear as CRP.

The leaked Deathzone index seems to pick up from the ‘playing league matches’ point of the CRP (p.24 if you have it infront of you). So I’m assuming the box set contains all of the in-game rules (what is an assist? What is a turnover?) and then DZ picks it up from there. With CRP, life was easy, because the ‘league’ rules effectively just relate to any form of progression. R, B, a divisional promotion / relegation format, whatever. With the new edition, GW seem (from that index image, could be way off) to have focussed the progression aspect of the new rules on what they see as ‘standard’ TT Blood Bowl, namely seasonal leagues. The section includes expensive mistakes, season’s end, starting a new season. This might be super clear and easy for FUMBBL to deal with (e.g. x replaces y, ignore off season stuff for R and B), or it might be a bit blurry. Especially since the very next section is ‘optional league rules’ (then skills, as per CRP). That’s a clear dividing line between rules and optional rules, at least it is on the face of it. Optional is optional, organised, hardcore Blood Bowl as a whole ignores all of that section but cards as inducements right now, I see no reason why that would change.

The sticky one might be Piling On. If it is ‘optional for leagues’, we’ll have ‘what is a league?’ for an age. I get the impression from that index that GW think a league is a seasonal thing. We call ourselves the online Blood Bowl league. Who knows where that’ll end up. I think it depends where it lives in the rules; league rules? Probably in. Optional? Probably out. In ‘skills’ with an asterisk on it? Prepare for 100 pages. We'll find out on the 25th, I guess.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 16:56
FUMBBL Staff

To my mind, any organised blood bowl is a 'league' and then it's up to the person organising that league to decide what rules to apply. I don't see any downside to having optional rules, personally.

I mean, so what if piling on is now optional? We just decide to use it, or not. Which is just what we can do now Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever the wording, I think we can all agree that CPOMB needs nerfing, and I believe Piling On is the numerical/percentage-wise bad guy in that particular stack.
 Jump to: