51 coaches online • Server time: 19:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Keep or Retire
Keep
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Retire
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 19

Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the title is strange and I am not really complaining I just have the worst luck between me and my opponents every match so far but that is not the reason I made this Thread.

One of my poor werewolves go hurt last game and I am uncertain what to do. https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11528680 I know that the -AV is bad but same time I am pretty much broke since four game plays and purchased a re roll and a zombie (There was 0 way im letting a str 2 Zombie stay in my team there easy to replace) I think I will keep him cause the price and he does have regen but same time I rather ask experienced players compare trusting my newbie judgement.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 01:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Its league, keep it until you can afford a new one.

One thing I will say looking at dice stats you do an awful lot of risky blocks. far too many 1d blocks and -2d blocks. Its not a matter of luck for you id say its a matter of just rolling too many dice. the chances of getting a double 6 is way higher if you roll 2x the opponent on riskier blocks.

Maybe watch a few professional necro teams? Chainsaw does well with his team Pig Sty Alley even though I still think he rolls too many dice too.
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well one thing i can say is i miss click alot being used to other type of startegy game where right clicking cancels and that did screw me up a lot. I try to avoid 1 dices and all that but keep right clicking not thinking sadly. But I do appreciate the advice but most of the time its me right clicking not wanting too.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You may find this guide useful. It's a pretty straight forward guide on how to avoid, or more accurately, manage risks on FUMBBL. I found it really useful when I started out.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Shydeon wrote:
Well one thing i can say is i miss click alot being used to other type of startegy game where right clicking cancels and that did screw me up a lot. I try to avoid 1 dices and all that but keep right clicking not thinking sadly. But I do appreciate the advice but most of the time its me right clicking not wanting too.

You'll get used to the user interface soon enough, after you play a couple more games. There is also a 'test mode' that you can use to practice with the client by yourself. There is a guide to how to use it here. Games played with that don't get uploaded to the site - you can play with your own teams, or even someone else's. Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way to learn in this site was league a bad choice for team or? sorry I just realize that @lorebass said his call from it being league.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Shydeon wrote:
By the way to learn in this site was league a bad choice for team or? sorry I just realize that @lorebass said his call from it being league.

Nope Shydeon, League is the perfect place to do what you're doing. Right call there.

I guess Lorebass thought your team was IN a League?
Maybe not.

Anyway, it doesn't matter much. Keep him if you like him. I'd fire him tho.
You have another. One wolf is enough to get you in troubles Razz

When you have the money buy another wolf. I'd buy the flesh golems first tho.
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Shydeon wrote:

Nope Shydeon, League is the perfect place to do what you're doing. Right call there.

I guess Lorebass thought your team was IN a League?
Maybe not.

Anyway, it doesn't matter much. Keep him if you like him. I'd fire him tho.
You have another. One wolf is enough to get you in troubles Razz

When you have the money buy another wolf. I'd buy the flesh golems first tho.

I have see you in other people threads you seem to have a lot of knowledge about the game while talking American Footbal positional type things. ((I think anyway) but I notice you would fire the players around 90% of the time from what I seen.

I will keep him for now and when he dies he dies. Main reason is I like the two werewolves giving descent ball carriers cause there movement speed that normally capable to blitz through with assistants for me. Mind you the one that is injured is the worst of the two at the moment. Main reason is i can barely afford a zombie and rather 12 players since i get ko first 2 turns most game and they stay out the rest of the match.

edit: if you have time though and if its possible i would not mind having a match with you so with your experience eye you might be able to tell me if a certain team might be a better choice. The person from my first game mention elves but i find i play a bit to aggressive most time i just did not versus his team mostly str4
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Shydeon wrote:

I have see you in other people threads you seem to have a lot of knowledge about the game while talking American Footbal positional type things. ((I think anyway) but I notice you would fire the players around 90% of the time from what I seen.

I will keep him for now and when he dies he dies. Main reason is I like the two werewolves giving descent ball carriers cause there movement speed that normally capable to blitz through with assistants for me. Mind you the one that is injured is the worst of the two at the moment. Main reason is i can barely afford a zombie and rather 12 players since i get ko first 2 turns most game and they stay out the rest of the match.

edit: if you have time though and if its possible i would not mind having a match with you so with your experience eye you might be able to tell me if a certain team might be a better choice. The person from my first game mention elves but i find i play a bit to aggressive most time i just did not versus his team mostly str4

Are you sure it's me you're talking about? XD

Anyway, in your case i also suggested firing the wolf because it's a difficult player to manage. Even more so with av7. Early on I like necromantic teams to have 1 wolf.
But if you like him, sure keep him. I keep ghouls with 3 niggles and av6 elves, so it's Always good as long as it's fun.

Sure, I wouldn't mind that. Drop me a PM with your best times for playing so we can schedule a League game.

Cheers.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Av7, no block, other wolf has block and you have a ghoul?

I'd fire.

But as Lorebass said it's league, which means the results you get are not as important as learning to play, so maybe keep him and see exactly why I and others wouldn't. I'd imagine his "it's league" comment was based around the fact you don't really need to worry about keeping that team trim and efficient since it's not in a competitive division.

Basically I agree with Uedder. Also on the fleshie bit, but that's a matter of taste.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I should have said in my previous post: Welcome to FUMBBL! It's an awesome site and you'll have a great time here (if you learn the basics and give it a chance) Smile

I had a look at the replay of your game vs the Chaos Dwarves. That team is quite a tough match up, as they have great starting skills and armour on the dwarves, plus some good strength and speed with the Bull Centaurs. My top 3 comments:

1. Don't put so many players on the front line when you are kicking, as that gives your opponent free blocks = more opportunities to take your players out. Just stick 3 zombies on the line of scrimmage and keep the rest a couple of squares back.

2. In general, I think you were giving your opponent too many blocks. You don't always have to follow up every block. Sometimes it better to not follow up and not give your opponent easy blocks on their next turn. Fewer blocks for your opponent means less chance of him taking out your players.

3. I saw several turns where you could have blitzed his ballcarrier with 1 or 2 3+ dodges with your Wights/Wolves. Always look out for those opportunities and don't be afraid to try a couple of 3+ dodges (with reroll, if necessary), if there is a decent reward there. First thing you should look at on a defensive turn: 'Can I make a blitz on my opponent's ballcarrier somehow?'

Also, in general, look for opportunities to crowd surf your opponents' players with your wolves' Frenzy skill, and against Chaos Dwarves, target the hobgoblins, as they only have AV7 and can more easily be taken out (or use your wolves' claw on the dwarves). And +1 to buying the Flesh Golems asap.

Enjoy! Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Read this:
https://fumbbl.com/help:Thousand+Losses+Playbook
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire.
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you everyone for posting both advice and you opinions but I decided to keep him on for now since the regen is still there to keep him in the team but if he loses a strength hes gone.

The real thing is this is my first ever team I already sacked one player... 2str zombie just had no real problem cause hes easy to replace and while yes i got a second werewolf the way I play I do like having both of them for there speed to try and get behind enemy lines so for now he stays that and again first team im gonna make more mistakes so i can hope it happens to him instead of my other wolf for the time being.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever some one asks this question, I selfishly take the Retire, without looking at the team or playa.

Jeffro
 Jump to: