27 coaches online • Server time: 09:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

New to me but may be old to others is that there are a couple of posts on Forge World about the next releases. There's a snow covered pitch and ref models. Maybe not the most exciting but sharing is caring and all that.
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you please give a link?

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Never sure what we can and cannot link. https://www.warhammer-community.com/forge-world/
I'm hoping that because it's trying to help advertise their product they won't mind.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure where (or if) they are on the FW site anywhere, but if you go to the new Warhammer Community site, then click on Forge World, they're the 1st and 6th stories. Preorders for the refs open 2nd December, actual release the 9th (iirc), not sure of prices. I believe the pitch is the same dates and will cost £18 in the UK. It will also come with a variant weather table.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

On a related note (as this thread is more about minis, etc, than all the others about rules), here is a summary of info from the Q&A session at Warhammer World last weekend:

-Plastic Goblins to be released with resin secret weapons. 2 new secret weapons hinted at. Goblins will also be available in a 4 pack for use with Orcs.

-Resin Bright Crusaders (lantern jawed heroic Humans) and Orcland Raiders (horned helmet, tough looking Orcs) conversion kits to be released.

-Troll & Ogre plastics to be released

-Halflings planned but date is not before middle of next year.

-WHW exclusive will be a new star. An Ogre kicker with a Halfling ball holder.

-Referees will be for a limited time (not quantity) with rules in White Dwarf

-New double-sided Dwarf / Skaven pitch to be released with optional 'Subterranean events table'

-Most teams will be in resin due to production costs / amount of work involved. The team want to supply as much in plastic as possible but logistics are the issue.

-DZ1 teams in the pipeline are Elven Union & Nurgle

-Vampires way down the list. Very.

-Plastic boxed Orc & Human teams coming in Jan (identical to the ones from the box game, most likely)

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2016 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

the new snow-pitch is available now on the normal GW site.
Traul

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2016 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick-off sequence:
1) Place players on the pitch.
2) Place ball.
3) Roll change of weather of the kick-off event table.
4) Change pitch Very Happy

It is like removing a table cloth without breaking the dishes, but the real challenge is to put the new pitch back in...
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2016 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the snow pitch has a separate (must be agreed on by both coaches mind you) weather table. One of the weather effects is an armor modifier for instance that makes getting floored hurt more. Another is the opposite of the pass modifying one, making passes +1 not minus.

I like the idea in theme although with only one example (snow board) it's hard to judge the actual merits, but different horrible weather depending on the home team is a cool idea.