53 coaches online • Server time: 14:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kharon

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

When will the hardened men of Norsca plow their fields clear of snowdrifts to continue on to the next season? Those southeners are planning a kick-off at mid-January, will the NSL follow suit?

It's been so long since my last game in this superb league, that I'm getting withdrawal symptoms...

[edit] And a minute later we get PM!
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah!!!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You can thank the 24/7 raven messaging services.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This time, the shipment of cloth from Bretonnia went by land, and had to take 16 detours from the estimated routes because of trolls, glacial movement, avalanches and some pesky snow goblins. We won't be doing that again!

But finally the new drapes are here:

Congratulations to the Norse Dwarfs of Clan Microdorf and its head coach Nextflux, who also brought the Casualty Cup back to Norsca. The 2nd ever NSL team to do so.

Season 6 will start January 12th.

2017 SCHEDULE
12 Jan - 21 Mar (round 1 deadline Jan 31)
22 Mar - 21 May (round 1 deadline Mar 31)
22 May - 21 Jul (round 1 deadline May 31)
Mid-year Break
12 Aug - 21 Oct (round 1 deadline Aug 31)
22 Oct - 21 Dec (round 1 deadline Oct 31)
Christmas Break

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The new year brings new rules to the Norscan Survivalist League. With Season 6 only days away, get reading!

RULES CHANGE SUMMARY FOR SEASON 6
- 5 seasons a year. 1 month summer and winter breaks.
- All Star Players with "Secret Weapon" skill are now allowed.
- Special Cards budget of 50k for each team in all games.
- All-time marathon team table to be introduced.
- Coaches may re-roll teams upon completing 1 year* of coaching. To take advantage of this offer, you must send a SEPARATE PM to the Commissioner (it is I) by the Round 5 deadline (Jan 11th for this season only).
- BB2016 Rules are coming. In general they will be introduced, except for the "Seasons" rule.

Caution: Please use a separate PM to advice if you wish to re-roll teams.

NEW LEAGUE LONGHOUSE OFFICES
With the new influx of money into the league as a result of the chieftains brokering a new Cabalvision broadcasting deal, the chieftains have now decided to put some of this money into a central administration longhouse to run a more organized league. 2017 will therefore contain 5 full seasons, with two 1 month breaks.

The seasons will run as follows:
S6 12 Jan - 21 Mar (round 1 deadline Jan 31)
S7 22 Mar - 21 May
S8 22 May - 21 Jul
Summer Break
S9 12 Aug - 21 Oct (round 1 deadline Aug 31)
S10 22 Oct - 21 Dec
Christmas Break

NORSCAN ARMS RACE
A large chunk of the Cabalvision money was immediately invested in a huuge pile of imperial, dwarven and goblin weaponry. This means teams may now induce star players with the Secret Weapon skill. The chieftains does this to add to the bloody spectacle of the league. It will also have the effect of adding som punching power to new and smaller teams.

Some teams will not benefit from this rule yet however. More precisely the Elven teams. Tough luck. Norsca is an unequal rights society. Especially for Elves. The league can only advice those teams to educate more Sneaky Gits, as you all have natural Agility access. Note: The new rules to govern all of Blood Bowl is changing however, and there might be something for the nimble kin up on the horizon, so do not give up hope.

WAIT THERE IS MORE...
Because of the massive weaponry purchases made by the chieftains, they were also given a lot of promotional freebies from the merchants in the form of magical trinkets. So go search for that Magic Codpiece Elves.

In addition, the chieftains have also enlisted the help of the Norscling Guild of Court Jesters, and the little bastards will now be showing up at NSL stadia doing all kinds of shenanigans. Each team will now be offered a 50k budget for the purchase special cards each game. Just do not pick Spiked Ball. We already got a horned one.

THAT COACH GOT TALENT
The Chieftains like a gritty coach. Upon completing a year* of coaching, you have attracted enough attention from other Chieftains and might have a pending job offer from another team. This allows you coaches some flexibility. Your team will be randomly drawn from the available teams, or you can opt in for any available Stunty teams. Also: You cannot get the same team as before; if there are no other coaches quitting or re-rolling, you will keep your chance to re-roll teams.

* Coaches that joined Season 1-5 may re-roll after completing 4 full seasons. Coaches joining from Season 6 and onwards must complete 5 full seasons. You must inform the Commissioner of your wish to re-roll for next season by the end of Round 5 deadline. However for this season only you have until January 11th to advice if you want to re-roll. But do so in a SEPARATE PM.

A NORSCAN MARATHON
Inspired by Matthueycamos total points table, the Chieftains will go through the many goatskin parchments containing the records of former NSL seasons, and will publish the results during season 6. The NSL has hired an Imperial Abacus Operator to help compile this new Table of Many Teams.

Every point taken in NSL counts towards your marathon TEAM score (not coach).

BB16 RULES - SEASONS OPT OUT
The league is watching the implementation of the BB16 rules on Fumbbl with interest. In general, expect all league changes made to Fumbbl to be implemented in NSL the following season. Note: Piling On is set not to be available as skill choice, so start planning for that.

However, team and player longevity being the core dynamic of the league, the NSL is opting NOT to introduce the new "Seasons" mechanic, as it works against the core dynamic.

Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to Marathon scores.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

oo! let's get it on!

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2017 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 6 draw and goat races starting in #survivalists now. You're all welcome to join.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2017 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 6 Coastal Divisions

Remember
- Star Players with the SECRET WEAPON skill are now allowed
- All teams have 50,000 gold to use on cards

Sea of Claws
Orc
Human
Amazon
Chaos Dwarf
Slann
Vampire

Sea of Chaos
Dwarf
Halfling
Chaos
Elf*
Goblin
Wood Elf

Kraken Sea
Lizardmen
Underworld**
Khemri
High Elf
Skaven
Norse*

Frozen Sea
Necromantic
Chaos Pact
Dark Elf
Undead
Ogre
Nurgle

You may begin!

Deadlines:
R1 Jan 31
R2 Feb 11
R3 Feb 21
R4 Mar 01
R5 Mar 11
Finals+Cup Mar 21

* Sjoktraken Oilers won the season 5 goat prize, and used it to move to Sea of Chaos. The Sunborn of Sarl (Norse) were randomly sent the other way.

** Ginnungagap Invaders keep hold of their goat prize for another season.

SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

One short question in regard to the whole 2017 schedule; my summer break might be starting during the last few rounds of season 8 or ending during the first rounds of season 9. How much of an issue might that be on the whole, should I want to commit for the remainder of either season?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you could try to play ahead. Don't know what happens if you manage to get in finals. Will there be absolutely no access to internet when you are on break?

If you think it's possible that you could play one game during break or if you could play ahead (finish round 5 before break) then i'd join if i was you. In my experience most coaches are willing to play their games early to help one guy with their scheduling (dunno about norscan, i have only played one season here, could some more experienced guy confirm if that is the case also in here).

If you know that there will be no access to fumbbl client then i'd keep out and come back when possible (dunno if that would mean that you might have to play new race).
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

SkavenLordVinshqueek wrote:
One short question in regard to the whole 2017 schedule; my summer break might be starting during the last few rounds of season 8 or ending during the first rounds of season 9. How much of an issue might that be on the whole, should I want to commit for the remainder of either season?

The schedule has been made specifically with everybody having different vacations in mind. The summer break and the first round of season 9 has therefore been made extra long to allow for potential delays, should some of you find it difficult to play ahead of schedule. In your case I think it's going to be fine, but let's see when we get a little closer. Thanks for thinking ahead!

Kharon

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

And usually most divisions finish earlier than scheduled, so if you're not going to finals you probably won't suffer at all. Very Happy
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A very fun league, I should try to watch the games sometime.
Looking at the list, it shows 24 races, but on the group page I can only see 22 actual teams, with 2 fillers.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2017 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing job putting the Marathon stats!
It's going to help to determine the Group of Death Very Happy
 Jump to: