45 coaches online • Server time: 18:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2017 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a moment of clarity Razz
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2017 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

And in typical fashion as soon as one goes there's a run on them. Both gone in 2 picks
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2017 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

There are still several really good players on board and we're almost to the playoff picks.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2017 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

#18 Atlatl 'n' Falchions (Lizardman, RyanFitz) select Rodney Brand, a Skink from Arkansas with +2AG and Sure Hands, 31 SPP. We had him at three and a half stars.
#19 Lost Angels of the NBFL (ChaosPact, BillBrasky) pick JJ Keels, a Skaven Renegade out of Vampirebilt with +AG and Dodge, 24 SPP. We had him at three stars.
#20 Indianapolis Crypts (Undead, MrNomad) take Gohl'Dee, a Mummy from Mihn'ee, with +MA, Break Tackle, Block, and 35 SPP, also a three-star player.

On to the playoff teams!

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %22, %2017 - %05:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye JR, this draft was too deep. Oh well, it was/is deep for everyone at least.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, it's just deep enough that everyone gets in on the fun.

I count five players at *** or better on board.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly, and we are into the playoff teams.

i preferred the days when the last of the playoff teams got a 1 or barely 2 skill player. Very Happy

it doesn't really matter to me so long as the new teams and the teams that had a crappy season get that much better of a set of draft picks overall than the playoff teams.
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It's hard to judge, and it's not so bad if playoff teams also get a bit more love than they used to.

The concern is more that certain teams never really need to rebuild, so they just add more cream to an already creamy delight.

Not much to do about that unless we want to implement salary caps or forced retirements or other mechanics to try and churn some teams more than they currently are.

Not that I'm suggesting we should do that, just that it might be an interesting option if we are serious about notions of parity the way the NFL is.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

**** parity,

but my goal with implementing the draft was to merge the ncbb to the nbfl in a way that was fun, and helped the nbfl teams that had nothing to do get some fun out of the plyaoff season until the next season started, and help them have more bodies.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

21st, the New Bloodland Patriots (Licker) select a Vampire, Ryan Fitzofstone, out of Buffalo. With Guard, Mighty Blow, Piling on and 46 SPP, we had this Line/Strength player (a former Chaos Dwarf) rated at three and a half stars.

22nd, the Tennesse Titanz (Arktoris, Orcs) pick a Lineman from Western Illinois. Cleveland Clark comes with Block, Dodge, and +MA, plus 42 SPP. We had him at three stars.

23rd, the Detroilet Sewer Lions (Lorebass, Nurgle) select a Warrior, Beyond the Veil from Nevada. With Block, Guard, Dirty Player, and 44 SPP, he was rated at two stars. But he was also the last Block Blocker remaining.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Who are you all most surprised to see still on board? For me, the surprising thing has been the early focus on position players, so much so that some +2 AG Linemen fell into the late teens. There are still several really good linemen on the draft board.

Next up:
Minnesota High Kings (Stimme, High Elf)
Lustriadelphia Pterosaurs (Ignatzami, Lizardmen)
Carolina Black Panther Party (Jeffro, Pro Elf)

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %22, %2017 - %21:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Who are you all most surprised to see still on board? For me, the surprising thing has been the early focus on position players, so much so that some +2 AG Linemen fell into the late teens. There are still several really good linemen on the draft board.
I gave the +AG +AG linemen considerations at 10, but zombies are WAY too slow to enjoy Ag4 properly
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that was my thinking. With MA5 and AG5, I can dodge away, snatch the ball, and... and... and.... So I took an AG4 Blitzer with Blodge and Tackle instead.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

With pick #24, the Minnesota High Kings (Stimme, High Elf) select lineman Mysta Gnomad out of Buffalo. He comes with Mighty Blow, Piling On, Guard, and 32 SPP. We had him at three stars.

With pick #25, the Lustriadelphia Pterosaurs (Ignatzami, Lizardman) select Saurus Sione Sina out of California, with Mighty Blow, Piling On, and 19 SPP. We had him at two stars.

With pick #26, the Carolina Black Panther Party (Jeffro, Pro Elf) select Line-elf Shawn Andrews of Arkansas, with +AG, Block, and Mighty Blow, at 31 SPP. We had him at three stars.

There are still three-star players on board, and we're almost to the championship teams! RF was right, this draft is very very deep.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think with so many redraft and expansion teams, a hot lino just don't get it done. Plus, ag 6 is a bit overkill for an elf lino.