36 coaches online • Server time: 20:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Foad

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Ramchop, what happens with buuface having to have JK sub? Does Joes' Pact become a hand operative for the season?

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 00:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. All Banner fixtures will simply be removed. Fillers have never been in Wastepac
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Cas record, in one season, is a mere 20, set by Geoffrey Grimwade and equalled by Gangrenous Gabriel.

Such wonders can be found through the group page, points you to SWL Records. Great work by ramchop and helpers, envy of all the leagues.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep practicing fortis Smile
Fortis

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. I looked through it and all of the Saurus and Chaos stars had better Cas per game. I'll have to try for 20 in a season because I'm not getting my average back up.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's hard if they aren't the go-to hitter from the start. Gabriel was playing in the latter era of Foul Frank's reign so his average is borked too.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2017 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL 67 - Goals
1. Learn from previous mistakes, reflect on what I could do better & implement. ✔
2. Improve the roster by the end of the season ✔
3. Lose no more than I win ✔
4. Win more than I lose ✔
5. Don't lose to Steaked ✔
6. Don't lose to Freezy Trees ✔
7. Maim Steaked's players (avenge Felaern) ✘
8. Maim Freezy Trees' players (they started it) ✘
9. Beat Steaked ✔
10. Beat Freezy Trees ✔
11. Break even with the 2 VILLAINS teams ✔
12. Have a positive record against the 2 VILLAINS teams ✔
13. Win the division. ✔
14. Go undefeated ✘
15. Win all games ✘

Bio template here.

Last edited by cdwat on %b %17, %2017 - %04:%Mar; edited 5 times in total
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Domestic Blitz Season 67 Renovation Schedule

Round 1: C.A.S.

Lady Malm:
This hefty squad is carrying a number of pieces of a certain age. Unfortunately some are looking quite the worse for wear, and add absolutely nothing to the overall look of the team.

Renovation Goals:
Trim anything that looks a bit dinged up, give the whole lot a lick of paint.
This should see them looking much fresher for the rest of their season, and ensure they'll turn heads for the right reasons if they ever get let into the Prem Club

Round 2: Freezy Trees

Esme:
Oh. My. God. There are teams still getting around in loincloths? I mean, we aren't averse to a decent bit of skin, we are hot-blooded lasses after all, but I can't tell where the beard ends and the belly-button fluff begins.
...Oh, and there are some serious antiques in this mob. That Snow Troll is well past it's prime, and needs to go.

Renovation Goals:
Demolition for poor Clarky, I'm afraid. Very little else would help this team; a proper scrub wouldn't even make much of a difference...

Round 3: Steaked

Lady Malm:
I'm told this team are the BBC winners. I'm also assured by my more... vulgar teammates that this particular acronym has a rather unsavoury meaning. Regardless, this team has unsavoury writ large across it. I favour a whitewash - clean, fresh and without a hint of anything dark.

Renovation Goals:
There is a distinct theme involving spikes and blades here - time to soften those points... preferably with a large, blunt object.

Round 4: Griffon Gate Sentinels

Esme:
*Squee!* We get to play with Iolas! Oh-em-gee, he's gorgeous... Shame that the rest of the team is so...dowdy. Does anyone remember the Dandies? Now THERE was a team with style. Gods, the tights Lord Debenham used to wear, and those codpi....

Renovation Goals:
Too many ring-ins and players who like to get up close. Get rid of that chaff and it's a leaner, meaner team ready for the big time!

Round 5: Madness Mountain Misery

Lady Malm:
Ugh, must I? *sigh* Very well... Mr Foulscumm is the only redeeming feature in a team that is rotten to it's very foundations. From crumbling rotters to Warriors who don't know how to take a backwards step, it's a very grim situation indeed.

Renovation Goals:
Demolition for the entire team. Recommend installing Mr Foulscumm on a plinth as an example for how teams like this could be played...

Round 6: Snowleopards

Esme:
This lot look a little woody, but I'm told their bark is worse than their bite. Vera told me a joke involving treemen, but I think I'll leaf that one alone. Like any wood elf team though, the root of the problem is the Wardancers...

Renovation Goals:
The Wardancers are in dire need of pruning. Once that's done, we'll be able to get a better idea of how the rest of the team look - they could be a bunch of bare twigs, or a dense shrubbery. We'll adjust our plans accordingly.

Round 7: Office Rats

Lady Malm:
There's a lot of unnecessary chaff in this team. I know rats like their kith and kin close by, but honestly, quantity does not equal quality here. There are one or two gems that we could bring through to the the redesign, but really everything is expendable here.

Renovation Goals:
Can we do a clean slate here? I'd really like that...

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 22:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Team Challenge - Season LXVII

With the their Norse member stepping out for a season HAND have dropped back to 4 members. Their match against ALIEN is trimmed from 3 fixtures to just the one. The very same match-up as DIBBL Invaders vs ALIEN. Not ideal but without our dual citizen one match would have ended up being a bye tie.

Actual result: 1 - 1 Cult of Monroe v Colour of Money (HAND/DIBBL v ALIEN)

ALIEN with two matches behind them head the table on 1 point.
Dlock

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2017 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

How to win against Public Service Announcement - short battle plan by coach Dlock;

PSA seems to me to be bash heavy. I assume that coach Daudy's approach will be bash heavy as well. However, there is severe lack of ball playing capacity there and lots of minus movement for the team that doesnt start fastest in the beginning.

So, plan is simple, tie up slow moving hitters on the front line, kick deep and isolate his fairly decent ball carrier - Kai the Cobra.

For me Kai is the key player, and even when I considered not taking wizard at all and use that money for journeyman wardancer now I am seriously considering zapping Kai with lighting bolt 1st or 2nd turn just to get him out of play for that key turn.

If Kai gets inside the gage, it will be hard for me to get 2 dice block in with Auriol missing the game, so I really need to hit him early.

So, this way I will steal the ball by turn 2, and hold it for 3 turns before scoring, then PSA will try to score fast to draw, I will steal again and score again and to seal the game, will score fast TD in the start of 2nd half - 3-0 should be safe enough even if he has managed to remove 5-7 players...

So, I recon, all-in-all, pretty easy win for the elves.

What do you think?

- D
cdwat

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2017 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Daudy will read this. So is this some deep level mind games?

Bio template here.
Dlock

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2017 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, mind games for sure, not so sure about the deepness of it... I am just trying to sound smart so Daudy gets scared and forfeits...
Daudy

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2017 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, I guess they could be the first ones in 5 games to score on PSA Wink

I back.

I back.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2017 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, you are saying that it is hard to score against you. I better ask some tips from Griffon Gate Sentinels? I mean, how many did they score against you...?

If I cant score against you I will eat my dice - without any sauce.

- D
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2017 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Last 5 games, 4 of which were conference?

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: