68 coaches online • Server time: 22:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, your guys have AV8 at least ...
Doofr

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Patator wrote:
INDEED I DO !!!
No more Albio shield and to hell with safety ! Very Happy
That being said I hope for at least one other "finess" team (like the skavens) but this is the draft ^^

Lies!!!

Papator is a coward, he made thoses choices by cowardise....

He just didnt want have my team with him, he knows that we are in this league for putting him down...

You cant make me believe , he choosed the Ogres of Sharkrudi for have a strong team in Bretonnia...But for make a fest with the snotlings...

Lyer and coward thats what you are Patator... but we will get you one day!!!
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my target is win one game this season and hope only a couple die.

DLE College 7s
android18

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

is there an way I could decline the upgrade and stay in the kisleve cup
muaddib68

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not in the list ?? roooh wat zot !!!

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2016 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh guys, don't be so down. Owcc has a long history of newly promoted teams doing very well in the top divisions, including a couple of conference wins. My own elves had a very strong season last time out (albeit in their second season at the top). Just stick with it, learn how amazing the wiz can be and it will be fine. My only tip would be to play as many friendly games as you can ahead of the new season, so as to build your team up as much as possible in advance. Also, just note the Swiss system tends to pitch you most often against teams and coaches of roughly the same ability overall.
meatball20

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2017 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The draft for Season 15 involved last season's Albion champion, the Quenelles Carnival, coached by uzkulak and last season's Bretonnia champion the Scalded Delta Dogz, coached by The_Demon. Albion's champion gets the first choice after romping in the Inter-Conference Shield. Sitting in to make the free conference choice as the Kislev champion was the Skavenblight Rottens, coached by myself. And just so you know, there is nothing at all suspicious about all three of us being admins, nothing at all. Please do not look behind the curtain.

Round 1
Lothern Harlequins automatically drafted to Bretonnia.
Lorelorn Children stay in Albion.
Athel Loren BBoDT stay in Bretonnia.
Morrislieb Scratchy Howlers transferred to Bretonnia

Before the draft even started, we knew that our newly promoted elves would be going to Bretonnia in order to assure an equal distrbution of dainty elves between the two conferences. The Carnival then had the first proper pick, and with it they made sure that the Lorelorn Children, last season's Challenge Cup runners up (and champions of the all-elf side of the bracket), remained in Albion. That assured that Athel Loren BBoDT stay in Bretonnia, and our elven line up is complete, wood and pro alike. The_Demon finally got to make a pick, and continued the run on annoying agility teams by bringing the Morrslieb Scratchy Howlers into the Bretonnia fold.

Round 2
Whitepeak Great Eagles stay in Albion.
Doom Glade Swamp-Risers stay in Bretonnia.

Jesus Christ, more frickin' elves! Damn, no one told me this league was so full of pointy-eared freaks. No, don't put that in the transcript. Thanks. Heh-hmm, umm, Round 2 saw the exciting and fresh development of two teams staying in the same conferences where they came up just short of the playoffs last season.

Round 3
Arkhan Faroahs transferred to Albion.
Western Oblast Raiders Emsk transferred to Bretonnia.

Round 3 saw two teams switch conferences, as they will look to improve on last season and in the case of the Faroahs, learn how to spell pharoah, and in the case of the Raiders, explain why "every man should know" them.

Round 4
Serpents Coast Scavengers stay to Albion.
Mighty Dwarves of Karak Azul stay in Bretonnia.

Round 4 again saw two teams remain in their familiar home territories, with both teams hoping to improve on their .500 record from last season. Average might get you out of high school but it won't get you to the Challenge Cup Final! Long time OWCCers Serpents Coast will hope to scavenge another point or two, while the Mighty Dwarfs will try to triple deke their way to victory (I don't understand how a dwarf could do one deke though, let alone three!)

Round 5
Uzkulak Pirates drafted into to Albion.
Skavenblight Rottens choose Albion.

Frostheim United transferred to Bretonnia.

OK, now what the hell is going on!? I thought uzkulak was the captain of Albion? How can he draft himself? Christ, no one told me this process was so f'ed up, how am I supposed to make sense of this? Yes, of course don't write this down. Morons, all around me! OK, back on the record in 3, 2, 1...the Pirates return to the OWCC and are granted entrance into the big leagues, drafted by their namesake in round 5. At this point, our Kislev champs the Skavenblight Rotten then get the choice to take the final spot in Bretonnia or secure a spot in Albion. They choose Albion...I guess so they can get out of their tunnels for longer and see some daylight, taking the longer journey to the Albion region. Bretonnia then choose to take one of the Interconference Shield heroes of Albion and strengthen their own squad in the Frostheim United.

Round 6
Diseased Wasters transfer to Albion.

With only 16 teams granted entry to the big leagues this season, only one team remained, and they get the final spot in Albion. The Wasters seem accustomed to being taken at the end of the draft. It seems no one loves smelly, rotten, fish thingees. The placement of last season's champions ended the draft...OR DID IT!?

Royal Pardon
Frostheim United use their royal pardon to transfer to Albion.
Diseased Wasters transferred to Bretonnia

With a speed that surely made their dwarfen heads spin, the United cashed in their royal pardon earned during the Interconference Shield and moved back to the familiar confines of the Albion conference. You're thinking they did to cuddle up next to the nurgles, are you? No, of course, they decided to swap spaces with the Wasters, who now are back in Bretonnia and are probably royally confused, as well as wasted.

So, in case none of the above made sense, this is how the two conferences look for next season:

Albion
Quenelles Carnival
Lorelorn Children
Whitepeak Great Eagles
Arkhan Faraohs
Serpents Coast Scavengers
Uzkulak Pirates
Skavenblight Rottens
Frostheim United

Bretonnia
Scalded Delta Dogz
Lothern Harlequins
Athel Loren BBoDT
Morrislieb Scratchy Howlers
Doom Glade Swamp-Risers
Western Oblast Raiders Emsk
Mighty Dwarves of Karak Azul
Diseased Wasters

As always, share your thoughts on the draft! We'll keep the post-season tour going for a little while longer, and then we'll be ready to start Season XV!

Last edited by meatball20 on %b %27, %2017 - %01:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2017 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Frostheim or Wasters, Wasters or Frostheim? hmm - is there a good answer to this question?

Thankfully no-one gets to play both of them and tell us which was worse.
The_Demon

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I know which is best. Drop down to Kislev and avoid them both!! Smile
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously Frostheim for the Great Eagles, time for another giant killing extraordinaire! Cool

DLE College 7s
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

As the Wasters coach, I'm always confused... on one hand we are a handy team to have when Alb vs Bret takes place... so if uzkulak wants to win this then he would surely get me into the same league as him... however, if you don't want to be beaten up, you would move me to another league as soon as possible...

Ho Hum... at the end of the day, you will all be with Nurgle... Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite being rookie newcomers facing established teams, the Har Ganeth Showstoppers (THGS) have managed to find a tentative foothold in the Kislev Conference.

Let's review their performance before it all goes wrong!

*THE FRIENDLIES*

THGS played 4 matches during the friendlies.

The training match against the Halfling training team yielded two skillups: Blitzer The Nauglir rolled a double and took Mighty Blow, while Goldiblocks the Witch Elf took Block, to improve her chances of survival.

The first friendly against a competing team was against fellow rookies the Belyavorota Passers. The Passers' positioning was on point, resulting in a frustrating 1-1 draw for THGS, and the death of Lineman Epic G. No skillups attained.

A second friendly was against SkavenBlight Rotters, resulting in a 0-2 loss and the death of Blitzer Switchback. However, Torpedo Tolthwe rolled a +MA, which was too tempting to refuse. Lineman Too Smooth rolled a normal skill and took Kick.

The team's third and final friendly was against Whitepeak Great Eagles. Despite a large TV gap, THGS were able to tie this game 1-1 (with assistance from Morg n' Thorg). Blitzer Straight Outta Ghrond rolled a normal and took Dodge, and The Silhouette was hired to replace Switchback as fourth Blitzer.

Entering the Kislev Conference proper the team had 4 Blitzers (one with +MA, one with Dodge, and one with Mighty Blow), 1 Witch Elf (with Block), 1 Lineman (with Kick), and 1 Journeyman.

*THE KISLEV CONFERENCE PROPER*

Kislev Conference Match 1: vs Abominations of Praag; Match result: 1-2

Another match with a large TV gap, AoP had some well-developed players. A Troll with Tentacles, Mighty Blow + Claw/Tackle Blitzers, Block Throwers and an impressive number of Blodging Goblins.

THGS received first, and had induced Horkon Heartripper. Both teams set up in fairly conservative formations that covered the width of the pitch. The kick was shallow, falling on THGS' right flank. THGS launched a two-pronged advance, with the ball being run down the right flank by Straight Outta' Ghrond (SOG). As AoP moved to intercept each flank, SOG fell back to the LOS, only to find himself based by Tentacle'd Troll Aglaurg. As AoP also fell back to occupy the centre, THGS' right flank was left relatively unbothered; SOG made a cheeky pass to The Nauglir, who ran the ball to the edge of AoP's endzone, ready to score. Horkon Heartripper was KO'd shortly afterwards, and, conscious of having so much TV off the pitch for long, The Nauglir ran the ball in for an early first TD in T4.

1-0

THGS set up in asymmetric columns, kicked short, and were rewarded with a blitz during kick-off. Dark Elf positionals surrounded the ball (but didn't think to actually stand directly underneath it to try and catch it). A dynamic scrum ensued, in which AoP brought their Troll in to obstruct THGS' movement, and thrower Aucrit to retrieve the ball. Both sides slipped up, but Thrower Aucrit made a daring passing play to Goblin Lazgi to put the ball in THGS' half. THGS scrambled back to defend, and managed to free the ball, but weren't able to stop Aucrit from picking it up, and making a 1d blitz and a dodge to score a TD.

The score was 1-1 at half time. THGS set up in asymmetric columns again to kick to AoP.

A heavy assault by AoP (3 stuns and a BH) was met with Horkon demolishing their front line (stunning both their Troll and a Goblin. THGS closed in on AoP's cage in the middle of the pitch, forcing them to swing left. A badly-failed GFI by Thrower Oizragh left them with just half a cage, open on its far side. Horkon dove in and failed to break armour on ball carrier Aucrit on his first attempt, but was given a second chance when troll Aglaurg took a dive - Aucrit was delivered a serious head wound, and AoP's apothecary was left with only enough pieces of bone to save either the player's neck or skull. "Longevity be damned, that player needs to move more than he needs to reach retirement age!" shrieked their head coach (I imagine). Meanwhile on the pitch, AoP Blitzer Carcut caught the bounce and immediately warded off a desperate block by Torpedo Tolthwe - THGS were growing visibly nervous with the ball remaining in their half and in AoP's possession as play became more and more violent! AoP broke right in T4 and the Elves scrambled back to catch Carcut has he took the ball within spitting distance of the endzone. It wasn't enough, and Carcut made yet another dodge, evading Straight Outta' Ghrond, The Silhouette and Horkon, to race into THGS' endzone to make it 2-1.

The fans lost their shit and over-ran THGS's half of the pitch during the next kick-off. THGS attempted another two-pronged attack, but were forced to run the ball up the middle instead as both flanks became overrun - Torpedo Tolthwe was removed from pitch on the left, and Goldiblocks was struggling against the tentacled aggressions of cis male advocate of the patriarchy Aglaurg on the right. AoP's goblins massed and sprung the ball loose in the centre of the pitch, surrounding it. Horkon attempted to pick and pass the ball to Goldiblocks (who had managed to slip away from Aglaurg and towards the endzone during a moment of mental absence), but it was intercepted by one of the improbably numerous blodging goblins. Aglaurg made an attempt to hurl said Goblin towards the endzone in AoP's T8, but just couldn't remember how. THGS made a desperate attempt to spring the ball loose and pass it to Goldiblocks to tie the match, but the dream ended when it fell into Too Smooth's grasp with him having already moved.

Final score 1-2
Skill-ups: None

Kislev Conference Match 2: vs Belyavarota Passers; Match result: 3-0

The previous meeting between these two teams resulted in a hard-fought draw. However, on this occasion the Passers wcould only field 11 players, including just 5 snotlings, following a POMB-fest at the hands of The Kaz a Karak Cannonballers in their previous match. THGS had the advantage in terms of mobility, numbers, and most likely dice (stats not available), and ended up taking the match 3-0. Torpedo Tolthwe and The Nauglir both managed to attain skillups and both took Dodge, both of which were passed over earlier in favour of more risky alternatives.

THGS also hired their journeyman for the match, Hustlin' Hauclir (formerly known on the pitch by his adult industry name William Silentbone), following a strong performance:

As the THGS got entrenched in a bloody scrum near the Passers' endzone, William - despite being initially assigned to ogre screening and marking - saw the ball fly loose and duly marked that instead. The Nauglir levelled the nearest ogre with an improbable Cathayan chop to the solar plexus, and William took advantage of the gap to pluck the ball out from danger and ferry it into the opponent's endzone.

Some might argue that if he'd been more attentive when screening and marking then the Showstoppers would never have been embroiled in such a sticky situation, but that's one for the pundits to discuss. In the meantime, we are eager to see if he continues to deliver.

*ROUND-UP OF REMAINING TEAMS*

At the time of writing, THGS' next opponent is unknown. THGS sit 3rd in the leaderboard, and the biggest potential threat appears to be the unstoppable Kaz a Karak Cannonballers, who bring a strong Kill All Menz mentality and a DeathRoller.

Other high-TV teams include Mourkain Mad Dogs and The Badlandz Boars...although both teams were fought to draws by the 1270 TV Horns of Turov, so perhaps wise use of inducements might enable THGS to hold these two teams off.

Horns of Turov themselves are comparable in TV, but are carrying a few injuries which might make them vulnerable.
The only other TV-equivalent team left for THGS are Tilea Raiders, who also seem to be a competent bash team, who were able to punch above their TV to win a 2-2 draw against The Badlandz Boars.

Just one match remains to be played before the next round is scheduled!

EDIT: Having taken a closer look at how round seeding works, it looks like the winners of each round play each other, the losers play each other, and tying players play each other (with nominal winners and losers being decided for each tied match) - the only other team to win a match this round were the Cannonballers, so if Tilea Raiders and Mourkain Mad Dogs manage to draw, THGS will be running the guantlet - time to figure out how to spend 540k of inducements!
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kislev Conference Match 3: vs Badlandz Boars; Match result: 0-1

With Mourkain Mad Dogs winning 2-1 against Tilea Raiders in Round 2, THGS were scheduled against Badlandz Boars in Round 3. Both teams were available this morning, and decided to get it over with - Badlandz Boars management were wary of the Elven style of play, while THGS straight up don't like waiting to die.

Weather: Sweltering heat. Inducements for THGS: Eldril, and a second apothecary.

BB opted to kick first - an unusual choice from my point of view, fully expecting to get a T1 beat down from the Orcs. BB, funnily enough, set up in a solid Elven-formation, 3 on the LOS, and columns of 2 arrayed behind. THGS lined up as far forward as possible, aiming to run deep.

As the ball sailed towards THGS' half, two rocks also sailed onto the pitch, KOing a player from each side. The ball fell shallow, on THGS' left flank, and The Silhouette collected it, behind a double screen of players. BB shifted their players to same side, closing the cage around the Elves. It was at this point, with some horror, that I realised that OWCC are still playing with the old Piling On rules. Oh boy. Blaktoof the TPOMB blitzer was threatening to get well and truly stuck in.

THGS retreated, hoping to draw BB in, nice, close, and over-committed. A Black Orc was crowdsurfed, and Goldiblocks was iolsated on the far right of the pitch, ready to receive a pass. THGS were helped in no small part by Raka the Troll refusing to move for the first three turns of the match. Blaktoof blitzed in a second time, and two successive, daring (1d, followed by 1/2d) blocks saw him shoved off the pitch in turn 3! He was unharmed, but a competent stall would ensure that he wouldn't return until the second half.

THGS had the numerical advantage now, and with the two surfing plays, had opened a gap down the left wide zone through which they began to press forward again. Eldril was giving Orcs the stink eye left, right, and centre, and a hand-off to Straight Outta Ghrond (SOG) left him holding the ball on the edge of the Orcs' endzone, and covered by Goldiblocks and Lineman Made in Chill Sea (MICS). Things were looking good!

Until they weren't. Gorbag, Ag4 Tackle Blitzer for BB, effortlessly dodged away from the scrum, and dodged around MICS to 1d SOG. A pushback was rerolled into a pow, and the ball went into the crowd, returning to play still near the endzone, but on the opposite side of the pitch. Gorbag was vulnerable to a surf, and was knocked down by a blitz from Goldiblocks - of BB's squad only Gorskab the Blitzer was in a position to receive the ball, and a single GFI would allow her to base him (and allow MICS in turn to try and dodge away from him to retrieve the ball in safety) - unfortunately, she was betrayed by the snakes, KO'd, and THGS were caught with their pants well and truly down.

Gorskab blitzed MICS away from him and retrieved the ball, Gorbag moved to screen, and the rest of the Orcs began pressing the Elves closer to the edge of the pitch.

Fortunately the Orcs were too far away to score, and as THGS' attempts to retrieve the ball failed, the remaining Elves opted for self-preservation over risky plays, dodging away from harm.

At half-time, the score was 0-0. Of all the players, only one DE Lineman succumbed to the heat, and THGS set up in their favourite (but not all that successful) asymmetric, hope-for-a-blitz formation. The Orcs caught the ball, and what followed over the next 8 turns was a by-the-books beatdown, with them steadily reducing the number of Elves on the pitch while advancing. Eldril was KO'd early on. SOG nearly died following a Blaktoof POMBing, but the apothecary managed to save him (except for his poor, ruined, groin). The Elves made more and more desperate plays in an attempt to reach the ball carrier and steal the ball, but were ultimately unsuccessful.

There was an opportunity to take advantage of Torpedo Tolthwe's MA8 to make a 1TTD in T16, but I - ahem - ballsed it up.

Final score: 0-1.
Skillups: Lustrianised Killer Bees gained a skill from an MVP (THGS' only SPP of the match!) and took Dirty Player.
New players: The Hour of the Wolf (Assassin). I haven't used assassins very often, but the new MVP system means that it will be easier to develop one.

0-1 is not an un-respectable defeat. We failed a ton of GFIs, and that cost us the match, but we also made our fair share of unlikely plays. BB's injury rolls could have wreaked a much greater toll, and thankfully there were no permanent injuries or deaths. However, with SOG and The Silhouette MNG, THGS' next match will have to be played "Caledor-style" (i.e. with just 2 Blitzers).

With 2 losses vs 1 win, THGS' chances of promotion have probably died. On the positive side, another loss pushes THGS further down the league table and away from Kaz a Karak Cannonballs! It's slightly more likely (but never a certainty) that our next match will be against either Tilea Raiders or Horns of Turov. However, both are playing the two stunty teams in the group - if both win then perhaps THGS may find themselves up against the loser of the match between Mourkain Mad Dogs and the Cannonballers, instead.
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
However, both are playing the two stunty teams in the group - if both win then perhaps THGS may find themselves up against the loser of the match between Mourkain Mad Dogs and the Cannonballers, instead.

There is still one match left to be played in this round of the OWCC Kislev Conference XV, but things have already become interesting; the two matches vs the stunty teams in round 3 were drawn! The outstanding match is between Mourkain Mad Dogs and the Cannonballers, and while it will be interesting to see how a match between the two heavyweights of the group will play out, it's unlikely to have much effect on the standings in the conference table.

This means that Tilea Raiders are most likely THGS' next opponent. TR are carrying a few MNGs, and so currently have the lowest TV in the group (THGS are second-lowest). This means TR will receive 100k of inducements, but will also be bringing two journeymen to the match, and will only have a single player with MA > 5 (barring any last-minute hiring and firing - they have not finalised their post-match sequence yet).

With 11 players on each side, whoever manages to cause a CAS first will have an immediate advantage; THGS now have a Dirty Player, so isolating and fouling an important player (perhaps TR's Block/Leader Thrower!) early on may be the way to go. If the Elves win the toss, it therefore may be well worth receiving first. In tight spots, TR also rely a fair amount on dodging and passing plays - so if the Elves find themselves kicking first, then positioning will be essential to forcing an error that gives them an opportunity to steal the ball away. Having a Kicker also gives the Elves an advantage in controlling the pitch - keeping the Black Orcs away from the action is going to be key. In the event that the Elves find themselves outnumbered instead, their speed will make them better able to cope than the Orcs.

The high number of draws this round means that most teams will remain more or less in place this round, while THGS, who lost their match to Badlandz Boars, will move down relative to the other teams. However, the number of draws also means that there is not much disparity in points between the teams. Badlandz Boars are currently second in the table, with 4 points. THGS have 2, so a win could still propel them into the top half of the table (depending on how round 4 plays out for the other teams). That may mean we end up facing the Cannonballers after all, in round 5, but I suspect that that honour will fall to either of Badlandz Boars or Horns of Turov (barring any major upsets in round 4* - I expect one or both of Badlandz Boars and Horns of Turov to secure a win).

If my predictions above are correct, then I believe Abominations of Praag and Belyavarota Passers will also be playing each other, so we'll have our own Kislev Conference stunty-off - *a win for Abominations of Praag will also send them shooting up the table, so it could all change very easily!

EDIT: Turns out that the matching system used in OWCC does in fact allow players to play each other more than once, doh! Accordingly, my above predictions are all wrong and my journey to enlightenment continues. THGS' next opponent will be Horns of Turov, and I'll report back once that match is played!
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So, first things first - no more match-up predictions! When I wrote my previous post, I didn't realise that teams could play each other more than once, and hence got it totally wrong. Instead of Tilea Raiders, THGS found themselves up against Horns of Turov.

Kislev Conference Match 4: vs Horns of Turov Match result: 1-1

Not a match-up I was hoping for, in all honesty. Horns of Turov had nearly 300k more TV than us and, being Norse, had mass block - while we were down 2 blitzers. On top of that, Horns of Turov have been adept at forcing draws for this entire conference, and have hence remained consistently in the top half of the league table throughout - in contrast, THGS needed a win. This was most likely our last chance to break into the top half of the table.

With our 290k inducement money we hired Horkon Heartripper for the match and a Bloodweiser keg. My hope was that Horkon, along with our new assassin, would be able to both remove low-armour Norse players (including their tricksy blodgers) and reduce their ability to get around, using Shadowing.

HoT won the toss and chose to receive. The weather changed to sweltering heat. THGS set up in the standard asymmetric defensive setup, and their kick scattered toward the centre of HoT's half. HoT swung to their left to move around THGS, and began to press deep. They removed two linemen, surfed our Witch Elf, but were intercepted two squares away from THGS' endzone. A brief scrum ensued, and assassin The Hour of the Wolf was able to drop ball carrier kjettil to spring the ball loose. HoT managed to recover it, but were boxed in, and becoming outnumbered - THGS had stretched them across their half. The Hour of the Wolf stabbed - and killed - veteren Ulfewerener cry wolf. Forest made a break for the endzone, but was tackled by a shadowing Horkon. THGS had halted HoT's drive, but were too far back to score before the end of the first half.

At half time, things weren't looking too bad for THGS, whose turn it was to receive. Between injuries and sweltering heat, both teams were setting up with 7 players. A few good blocks, coupled with their superior mobility, could see them through to a stall and a win. Unfortunately, it didn't go that way - HoT removed Dark Elves from the pitch after their kick off instead, and forced a hand-off to Torpedo Tolthwe followed by him making a 1d blitz to score...in turn 3.

At the start of the next drive, HoT found themselves with 9 players against THGS' 7. They focused on bashing, and left ball carrier kjettil open and vulnerable to a stabbing from a leaping Horkon - amazing. Horkon did the business, and the ball was loose in HoT's half with him and The Nauglir ready to collect it. Unfortunately, HoT were able to recover the ball, and made a cheeky passing play to run it deep into THGS' half. They stalled, taking a risk during which THGS had a few good goes at the ball, but were ultimately able to run the ball into the endzone to equalise in turn 7, and the dream of reaching the top half of the table in this conference has probably died*.

Final score 1-1
Skill-ups: None
Deaths: Miss2Much (Lineman)

The goal for the rest of the conference will be to skill up as many players as possible, to make a better go of things next time. Currently 2 Blitzers, our Witch Elf, and between 1 and 3 linemen are close to levelling up. Levelling our assassin will also be a priority (probably via an MVP and a pass).

*Strictly speaking, it's not impossible for THGS to get up there...but we'll see!
 Jump to: