42 coaches online • Server time: 13:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahoy me hearties.

As an adjunct to the Southern Wastes League (SWL), a small competition of lesser teams have been taking to the pitch for a few rounds of stunty madness of late.

If ye be havin' an active SWL team, then ye may be choosin' a related sWL team and makin' some plays on their names as is befittin' the little ones. Or call 'em all Jack, in an ironic fashion, as ye will.

Make yar teams through yon group link if ye be not havin' a suitable one as of yet. Also be applying to the group with it, or accepting yon invitation. And lettin' us know you're in by posting a note here or in any busy port.

And however many we have, we shall be kicking off some sort of a round-robin tournament for them, thus far in two random groups with a single playoff game each to sort out first to larst across the divisions.

Weekly rounds, about 5, maybe 6 of 'em, maybe 4, Monday deadlines, pirate speak optional, except on talk like a pirate day. "Related" teams listed on group page.

ImageCurrent Champions: Bakery and Cheesecakes. What sort of unbeatable monsters are these?

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

For those on the fence, it's a nice light & relaxed round robin.
LictorZ

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

When does it start?

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking I'll kick off this Monday, but may depend on new teams over the weekend, might stretch recruitment out if we need a few more to make numbers right. Looks good for now.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

And we are off!

Rounds due Mondays.

30th Jan.
6th Feb.
13th Feb.
20th Feb.
27th Feb.
1st Mar.
6th Mar.
13th Mar.

Same as SWL, but we are stunty Wastes League.

Still need one more coach, if you're in the SWL, and think you'd like stunty, come try us.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2017 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like we have our last coach, welcome suttbutt.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought I'd announce the extensions here.

The two unplayed games are cautiously extended for a couple days, and should be soon getting onto their next round opponent to set a time for round 2 as well. Thanks for including me in the PMs.

Have at it, folks, round 2 due Monday the 6th.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 2 cleared early and I forgot to say anything, excellent.

Round 3 the axe has fallen on one game, the rest are clear again, and everyone in Hecate division has points against our late dropout which will be axed as soon as it's ready to play.

Round 4 is due 20th, make sure you get your PMs out folks, to avoid trying to fit a game into a tight window. Must say, Vamps should really be rolling a few more 1s, get on that! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2017 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 4 also cleared early, and round 5 is finishing up tomorrow night now that we're into round 6.

Which isn't bad for a slacker league and busy coaches finding time to squeeze in one more game. Nearly got axed for forgetting to include me in the PMs though!

We've had a couple of dropouts, so while Round 6 is due the 6th March and round 7 the 13th of march, there aren't many games left in Hecate division. When everyone's actually finished up their last games, or I've axed them, we'll do the finals thing with a one-game playoff for everyone's final position, someone will just have a rematch to make numbers.

Awards will be awarded (maybe even the season 2 awards! DustBunny Won them all, I'm told), the trophy currently held by Bakery and Cheesecakes will go to some other team that found the stunty luck this season, and we'll have a think about when we might get around to having another go. Maybe after a nice wee break.

Image <- You know you want it! Probably be some Nurglings of some description get it, if they can pick up the ball.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and then we finished at some point. Rounds and stuff, coaches play them and then they're not there any more.

The playoffs even happened!

AWARDS!

Image The stunty cup to Jevouse and his Overcooked fire-bombers of Tzeentch. Needs more cooking, then.

In 2nd, CoM - Loan Squigs SW Outfit brings us Image 'Ant' Salemo with equal most TDs at 4, and Image Rank Calabrese with equal most completions at 3 and most passing yards at 11.

In 3rd, Madness Molehill Misery brings us Image C'thitlarc with an intercept.

In 4th, Cheesy Fleas brings us Image Mr. McGrew with equal most TDs at 4, and (corrected) Image Vug with equal most cas at 12 and SPP at 24.

In 5th, New World BBQ and Brew Crew brings us Image Calorie Count Beau Pre with an intercept. Another one! Also, and most gloriously, dirty player Image Chop Chun with most fouls at 13.

In 7th, Styx and Waaaghstones brings us Image Hecate with equal most TDs at 4 and most rushing yards at 105.

In 9th Bakery and Cheesecakes brings us Image Éclair with equal most TDs at 4.

In 10th, En'Thralled Endeavours brings us agile Image Rezen with equal most completions at 3, and vicious little Image Bryndzove with a tiny 2 blocks thrown per cas caused.

In 11th, Funky Poo Lice brings us Image Elfin' Hell with a 9 yard pass! Elfin' Huge.

In 12th, Soil Not Fair Maiden's Hands brings us Image Jane, with equal most Cas at 12, SPP at 24, turns at 114, and blocks at 75. Go Jane!

--

Season 4 is about to kick off, like tomorrow, we have the numbers we need and could squeeze in folk by pairs if they have a team in SWL (or parked, or maybe DIBBL or SSL or whatever, so long as you sound committed).

Thanks all, group page for more info, etc, enjoy your local area stunty league.

Last edited by tussock on Apr 12, 2017 - 07:41; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 07:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:

In 4th, Cheesy Fleas brings us Image Mr. McGrew with equal most TDs at 4, and Image Vug with equal most cas at 12 and SPP at 24.

Correction:
and Image Vug with equal most cas at 12 and SPP at 24.

Mutant snow troll, not a chaos spawn (don't believe the client)

Thanks tussock and DustBunny for running this league. It's a lot of fun
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2017 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

OI why isnt jane in jane division
this is an outrage

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2017 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:

Thanks tussock and DustBunny for running this league. It's a lot of fun

Super special thanks to tussock!
For those of you who don't know, he's basically done everything to keep this league running lately!

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
tussock

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

How do we not have a season 4 thread? It's season 4! Someone's being slack.

Hey all, arbitrarily extending round 4 and 5 deadlines by a week, as everyone seems rather busy.

New dates Monday 29th round 4, Monday 5th round 5, Monday 12th for the playoff round. I can't find the group PM or I'd put it there too. If you'd like to play your games, and stuff. Cheers. o/

Anyone want to drop in for the last two rounds? We seem to have a missing coach.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

you know you can change the thread title ay without starting a new one every season (assuming you made the thread)