42 coaches online • Server time: 16:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Corrent, we can't quote significant sections from the rule book(s). It's fine to explain the rule using your own words though.

EM will be rolled when a team has 100k+ treasury when clicking "ready to play".

Effectively, it's a list of 10 outcomes:
1 Catastrophe (lose all but 2d6x10k)
2 Catastrophe
3 Catastrophe
4 Major Incident (lose half, rounding up to nearest 10k)
5 Minor Incident (lose d3x10k gold)
6 Minor Incident
7 Crisis Averted (no loss)
8 Crisis Averted
9 Crisis Averted
10 Crisis Averted

You then roll a D6, and add a modifier based on your treasury:
100-199k +4
200-299k +3
300-299k +2
300-499k +1
500- +0

Wait, isn't it a d6 roll with +-2 modification?

Edit: no wait, I think I understand now
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This rule is not great. watch the language - ea

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
This rule is the *snip*.

Fixd
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Team building is dead. Long-term teams are dead. All that shall be in this new world is bash bash bash.

WHy does the game seem to want to be played by nothing but identical rookie human and orc linemen? No interesting teams, just low-power versions of the same thing over and over.

Run into one basher (who would rather destroy the other team than win, yet claim it is "playing to win" and thus legal in the rules) and you have to retire your team instead of building it up into something interesting.

Have one game of bad luck, and you can never rebuild the team and have to retire it.

This is one of the most ridiculous rules ever. It completely destroys teambuilding. Makes it impossible to play some of the more skill-based non-bash teams. (Wood elves, dark elves. . .nearly impossible now) Makes it impossible to keep the correct number of positionals for a full, developed, interesting team.

THis is especially true in an environment where there are people whose goal is to destroy what the other person built more than to score. (And that is still somehow considered "playing to win" and nothing is done.)

Well, the bashers get their final victory. THe idea of team building is completely destroyed.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a big over reaction imo, team building is easier now because of selective mvp.

I dont think I ever saved much money with elves or rats, I can't remember having more than 299k with either of those races at any point in the last 20 years.

As for bash teams I always had far too much money. Will they ever need more than 299 k in the bank? I don't think so.

This rule is fine I can't see it having much impact on the game really.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A wholeheartedly +1
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On is gone and so team-building is dead because you don't have 300k+ for your elfs to sleep on? That makes no sense at all.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Pentalarc wrote:

Have one game of bad luck, and you can never rebuild the team and have to retire it.

In LRB4 that was true, because there was no journeymen rule and your team could fall in a spiral of injuries but in BB2016, with PO removal and MVP nomination, there is more opportunity to rebuild the team, the MVP will never be wasted on a dead, a crippled player, a Legend or a journeman and you can quite accurately "target" the players you want to skill up.
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The age of 11 man teams is over, what's wrong with that?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
This is a big over reaction imo, team building is easier now because of selective mvp.

I dont think I ever saved much money with elves or rats, I can't remember having more than 299k with either of those races at any point in the last 20 years.

As for bash teams I always had far too much money. Will they ever need more than 299 k in the bank? I don't think so.

Completely agree. Bash teams can easily live around 300k and elves never accrue more than 200k to begin with.
When I rolled my EM yesterday I found I had 2 types of teams: 1.- those who lost a lot because they rarely need replacements, and
2.- those who didn't even roll because they suffer to replace players.

For type 1 teams EM doesn't change much because they don't need to gold to begin with. For type 2 EM doesn't change much because they don't have gold to lose.

I'm only concerned with a few SL teams that revolve around VERY expensive players (mostly deamon teams), that are into de 3rd tier of EM (200k).

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it mean though that bash teams or undead specifically will always have spare cash to blow on inducements that elf teams don't generally have to give them an unfair advantage on a game by game basis?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

VSwift01 wrote:
Would it mean though that bash teams or undead specifically will always have spare cash to blow on inducements that elf teams don't generally have to give them an unfair advantage on a game by game basis?

That's exactly what happened back in LRB4, where no cash restrictions were in place. UD used to "buy" their way to low TR tournaments using the superpowerful Count (6549 blodge, hypno, NO BL, NO Loner).

At least it won't be superpowerful stars all that often and mage isn't there to help either, maybe an Igor here and there to protect some valuable player.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

The rule in a vacuum is fine.

The problem is the way inducements are handled.

Sure you'll say EM means that no one will have a million to spend over several matches.

But they will always have their ~200k to drop at whatever point they get to that level, and the rule ENCOURAGES them to drop it, so...

All in all, not a good thing if what you like in your BB are games which are more balanced rather than the lottery of if you happen to draw the guy sitting on 290k who decides to dump it on you.

Along with the complaints about the cards every one is supposed to get for every match, it does seem the BB2016 crew was primarily interested in dumbing down the game to accommodate people who just want more insanity. And more power to them, just sucks if you're not one of them.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair point licker, though inducements on the whole ain't all that. Wizard when they return is the all important one and the teams that benefit most from them (finesse teams) will be able to afford them least. Which imo is a good thing. I also think this change could help flings and goblins somewhat when playing at a more even TV it means they can still buy their toys which is good.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

At least it isn't enough to induce big stars. Though even a surprise chainsaw can be a pain in the neck. Also if someone gets to 290 they may only want to drop 100k anyway. Something like a tournament final would be an exception.