39 coaches online • Server time: 16:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

I'm suprised Fouly, personally I think this change will push people away from the silly min maxed team building method that plagued CRP, i expect to see more teams with a reasonable sized bench now, and a similar team building style to LRB4 again, with Guard en masse being the order of the day. This to me is a superior tatical form of the game that suffered greatly during the CRP era min max cpomb sillyness.

I don't know that I agree that min maxers will be deterred. The only thing the kill ones lose is PO, but otherwise they gain an advantage if they can reliably be at a lower TV than their opponents, since they can top off from petty cash to get various inducements. I think you will see a larger number of foul based min/max teams, even better with argue the call now as well.

Of course if these are goblins people may not mind so much, but the 'bad apples' won't be doing it with goblins Smile

Garion wrote:
The inducements on the whole are pretty 'meh'. None of them would scare me at all apart from the wizard, but i guess we have to wait and see what happens there.

Yes, clearly the wizard is the remaining wild card in most of this speculation. However, there is still the 'free babe' that will show up all the time, and as I mentioned earlier, I would expect to see a lot of bribes. Sure some will take cards too, and their power level isn't that bad, but it's just more 'random' being thrown around.

I don't know that I miss the guard fests the same way you do, but the tactical nature of them cannot be denied. What we will get is more variability in terms of the inducements though, so a portion of that tactical aspect will be lessened simply due to the additional inducements which will crop up in probably every game.

Garion wrote:
One of my main concerns (though not a huge one) is attrition on the whole may have been tonned down too much, I'd have liked there to be no apo or regen on surfs to help spread the hurt. Though i guess seasons address this in an artificial way.

That would be interesting, and seasons does address attrition, but if we are still mostly talking about R and B, there's a lot of ground to cover before we get to seasons, and I'm 100% convinced they will be despised by a majority of people if they come in short. And if they come in long, then they don't serve any actual purpose since the money you get at the end of one will be huge compared to what you have to replace.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll have a Seasons Speculation thread when seasons are on the horizon Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

@Licker & mrt121: It is horrible for sure. Maybe the people who designed it never played a game in a big open division in their lives. Wink

But just like CPOMB, we're following the official rules no matter how they stink.

[L]eague division still uses the old petty cash rules. I don't know about EM. Commissioners will be able to switch it off eventually.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I suppose I can just go back to ignoring you.

Promises, promises.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
@Licker & mrt121: It is horrible for sure. Maybe the people who designed it never played a game in a big open division in their lives. Wink

But just like CPOMB, we're following the official rules no matter how they stink.

[L]eague division still uses the old petty cash rules. I don't know about EM. Commissioners will be able to switch it off eventually.

Official rules or not, lets not speculate too heavily on seasonal impact vis a vis R&B until we know its more than just a lump of clay waiting to be sculpted. We have EM right now.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
We have EM right now.

What we don't have though is Dode.

Without Dode, the thread feels incomplete.

Brace yourselves, we'll soon need data.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
But if you are saddled with 70k linos and are constantly behind the journeyman gun, what incentive is there to replace the journeyman and get another lino? 140k of expense for what?

Well there are two things you can do.

#1 Select the Jmen for MVP. That way they your new 70K lino just needs 1SPP to get block or dodge...which in turn will increase his life span, on average. Which in turn will save you money.

#2 Your 70K linos will need to play with perm damage. A -MA or -AG dedicated Lino is no big deal. Once again it increases his longevity and in turn saves you money.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
We have EM right now.

Take your conjuring magic elsewhere!
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
licker wrote:
I honestly don't know what point you're trying to communicate.

I honestly could not care less, just as I couldn't care less how mansplaining the same thing over and over again is supposed to impress anyone.

But I thought libertarians fought for market freedom. At least THAT is interesting. Honestly.

Please, do continue.

*doublefacepalm.jpg*
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
But if you are saddled with 70k linos and are constantly behind the journeyman gun, what incentive is there to replace the journeyman and get another lino? 140k of expense for what?

#1 Select the Jmen for MVP. That way they your new 70K lino just needs 1SPP to get block or dodge...which in turn will increase his life span, on average. Which in turn will save you money.

#2 Your 70K linos will need to play with perm damage. A -MA or -AG dedicated Lino is no big deal. Once again it increases his longevity and in turn saves you money.

Well that is one thing I wondered about in the OP - will coaches carry permed players a tad more now? I can see it but not rapidly.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
We have EM right now.

Thank all that is unholy.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah but then he will have a crap name! Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
We have EM right now.

Nah.
We could just write a script that posts "It's fine" from time to time.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

VSwift01 wrote:

Yeah but then he will have a crap name! Razz

Well, I like my Jmens names...One day a Jman will rise from the gutter and become LEGENDARY!!!!

BTW...you can switch his name if you so desire..you just click on the name field and hit delete and put in some other crappy name you have invented.

Surprised Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Painstate, I still feel that the opportunity cost of taking an MVP on a journey lino over another player is too much to use that specific tactic unless you are really worried about your treasury going *poof*
 Jump to: