32 coaches online • Server time: 03:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
koadah wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:
R + B = ?

Perpetual Environment = PE
Seasons = S

PE + S = Seasonal League Simulator Division = SLSD

Solved it.

You are not going to get a division when you'll be able to do it in League.

But then we have to deal with numerous annoying shills for leagues peddling their wares at every opportunity...

It saves Christer having to do it. If people want to play those rules the league will survive. If not it won't.

Wanna join a league? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Corrent, we can't quote significant sections from the rule book(s). It's fine to explain the rule using your own words though.

EM will be rolled when a team has 100k+ treasury when clicking "ready to play".

Effectively, it's a list of 10 outcomes:
1 Catastrophe (lose all but 2d6x10k)
2 Catastrophe
3 Catastrophe
4 Major Incident (lose half, rounding up to nearest 10k)
5 Minor Incident (lose d3x10k gold)
6 Minor Incident
7 Crisis Averted (no loss)
8 Crisis Averted
9 Crisis Averted
10 Crisis Averted

You then roll a D6, and add a modifier based on your treasury:
100-199k +4
200-299k +3
300-399k +2
400-499k +1
500- +0

Why, when I watch the EM roll play out live, on site, do I not see a 7-10 value available as listed in this example of the rules? It seems there is only a a d6 roll happening from what I can tell. I can confirm this by having had rolled a 6 on my Khemri team & gaining the result 'crisis averted'. Please explain. I've been away & not keeping up on the 'apparently' fluid new rule set & errata happening so maybe I'm missing something here...Question

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %25, %2017 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
almic85

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Christer wrote:
Corrent, we can't quote significant sections from the rule book(s). It's fine to explain the rule using your own words though.

EM will be rolled when a team has 100k+ treasury when clicking "ready to play".

Effectively, it's a list of 10 outcomes:
1 Catastrophe (lose all but 2d6x10k)
2 Catastrophe
3 Catastrophe
4 Major Incident (lose half, rounding up to nearest 10k)
5 Minor Incident (lose d3x10k gold)
6 Minor Incident
7 Crisis Averted (no loss)
8 Crisis Averted
9 Crisis Averted
10 Crisis Averted

You then roll a D6, and add a modifier based on your treasury:
100-199k +4
200-299k +3
300-299k +2
300-499k +1
500- +0

Why, when I watch the EM roll play out live, on site, do I not see a 7-10 value available as listed in this example of the rules? It seems there is only a a d6 roll happening from what I can tell. I can confirm this by having had rolled a 6 on my Khemri team & gaining the result 'crisis averted'. Please explain. I've been away & not keeping up on the 'apparently' fluid new rule set & errata happening so maybe I'm missing something here...Question

Re-read the last bit again mate.

You roll a d6 and then add the modifier depending on how much gold is left in your treasury, then refer to the table.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:

You roll a d6 and then add the modifier depending on how much gold is left in your treasury, then refer to the table.

Right, my bad. The chart coming first & the wording made it sound backwards to me. Thanks man. Sounds like dumping to 299K or less is the best one, w/ a huge treasury, can do to maintain a decent amount of gold after this implementation. Were huge treasuries this much a problem? UGH!

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
almic85 wrote:

Right, my bad. The chart coming first & the wording made it sound backwards to me. Thanks man. Sounds like dumping to 299K or less is the best one, w/ a huge treasury, can do to maintain a decent amount of gold after this implementation. Were huge treasuries this much a problem? UGH!

Nope with the Petty Cash system. But they became a problem now that you can spend carefree in the pre-match phase, since things like this can happen.

Trimming large treasuries ensures that abusing the inducement phase is somewhat limit to less than 400k, and rarely.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Nightbird wrote:
almic85 wrote:

Nope with the Petty Cash system. But they became a problem now that you can spend carefree in the pre-match phase, since things like this can happen.

Trimming large treasuries ensures that abusing the inducement phase is somewhat limit to less than 400k, and rarely.

Ah, I missed the part where petty cash was changed/removed. I see the reasoning now.
Still don't like it, but guess we are stuck w/ it now. Ah well.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

I like EM but I think that BB2016 rules should have kept the less exploitable CRP inducements' phase.
If you wanted to induce something costing more than your TV difference you had to use the whole sum from your Treasury AND your opponent could have hired something, in some cases.
Now if you have a team that doesn't need to replace often players you can dump 50-100k or so for cards, babes, bribes etc. and your opponent gets nothing.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes,so basically heavy bash sides like dwarfs will often get a free 50k over weak sides who can't afford anything after replacing lost players. Plus even if the weaker teams do get some big inducement money for playing a high TV side they can't even hire a wizard so there aren't any reliable balancing inducements to crack bash cages. Whoever at GW designed those rules is obviously a boring dwarf coach, and needs his brain testing Sad
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Yes,so basically heavy bash sides like dwarfs will often get a free 50k over weak sides who can't afford anything after replacing lost players. Plus even if the weaker teams do get some big inducement money for playing a high TV side they can't even hire a wizard so there aren't any reliable balancing inducements to crack bash cages. Whoever at GW designed those rules is obviously a boring dwarf coach, and needs his brain testing Sad

or they can just enter tournaments with 350k and buy their way through a couple of rounds.

I guess TW will have to be redesigned, maybe?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

So, after spending 200K during a match just for the hell of it, my Stunty Leeg Forest Goblins, the Sticky Web Clan are down to a paltry 1150K treasury.

So, if I roll a 5 or 6 I only lose 10-30k, otherwise it's pretty much all gone yes?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
So, if I roll a 5 or 6 I only lose 10-30k, otherwise it's pretty much all gone yes?

There's only one way to be sure.

Channel your inner Shia LaBeouf.

I know you want to.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
So, after spending 200K during a match just for the hell of it, my Stunty Leeg Forest Goblins, the Sticky Web Clan are down to a paltry 1150K treasury.

Exactly.
In your speficic case, if you roll:

1,2,3 you will lose all but 2D6x10k

4 you will lose half

5,6 you will lose D3x10k

Therefore I suggest to buy/drop rrs and staff to trim your Treasury gold exactly to 290k before you ready your team.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

In the current client setup do you spend you treasury on inducements by default? As in it shows how mcc money you have to spend on inducements if possible. On my last game I had money to spend after mrt chose to spend some money on inducements. I assumed it was free money but I think I spent all my treasury.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
In the current client setup do you spend you treasury on inducements by default? As in it shows how mcc money you have to spend on inducements if possible. On my last game I had money to spend after mrt chose to spend some money on inducements. I assumed it was free money but I think I spent all my treasury.

Your entire treasury is now automatically transfered into the inducement phase. If you don't want to spend it, don't check any boxes before clicking on the 'buy' box. So to clarify, if you buy things in the inducement phase it DOES come out of your treasury. Minus any TV imbalance as per normal rules.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Read the little bit at the beginning of the match in the logs: it will say X transfers Y from treasury and A transfers B from treasury, they also receive C for being the underdog.

If you just want to spend the TV difference you're given, then the log shows exactly how much you've got (I've had one game where I was 90k down and my opponent put in for Boomer... so I decided 10k for babes was worth it. It was).