40 coaches online • Server time: 00:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Keggie the coolest Vamp couch in Box?
Yes, Yes, Yes!
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Of course he is.
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I can't think of anyone cooler than Keggie
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

When is it time to get that 4th Vampire? I have all 3 with Pro, which makes me want to take another one, but from experience 4 leads to Losses. Ive been pretty lucky with this team, and have gotten pretty high in TV with some farming. Here is my team in question, Plasmaximum Overdrive.

Jeffro
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What makes you say that four leads to losses? You build them quite differently to me, but I think from your current TV and up, a fourth Vamp will become really useful. 4 / 10 Vamps / Thralls feels about right, 4 / 9 would probably be fine if you're using the Apo to win rather than sitting on it to save a player.

I don't think all of the Vamps need Pro so early in their careers, even if you're a Pro fan. Some more Dodge there is pretty important.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly? Start with the fourth vamp!

It's adding him later (1450+) that leads to all sort of problems in my opinion. So I'd get him now.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

With the new MVP rule skilling the rookie vampire up is easier.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
What makes you say that four leads to losses?

The Coolest Vamp Coach in the Box According to a Most Recent Poll wrote:
experience

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Honestly? Start with the fourth vamp!

It's adding him later (1450+) that leads to all sort of problems in my opinion. So I'd get him now.

I started this team prior to the MVP changes. I do agree, I think the team is built enough for a fourth Vamp, which I will buy.

Purplegoo wrote:
What makes you say that four leads to losses? You build them quite differently to me, but I think from your current TV and up, a fourth Vamp will become really useful. 4 / 10 Vamps / Thralls feels about right, 4 / 9 would probably be fine if you're using the Apo to win rather than sitting on it to save a player.

Ive always found that Vamps start eating their young in abundance, when I get a 4th. Ive been trying to build the Thralls up, so I don't have to depend on the Vampires as much. I know they are the best players, but Ive never believed in the Rule of 5. I have seen guys win games, with only Vamps on the field.

Purplegoo wrote:
I don't think all of the Vamps need Pro so early in their careers, even if you're a Pro fan. Some more Dodge there is pretty important.

I do agree with you there on Dodge in most cases. I decided to build this team with less RRs, and try using Pro. I only use the Pro on Blood Lust, by the way. Well apart from some odd push rolls. Its been surprisingly helpful, because I plan certain tactical moves for the RRs. I hate wasting RRs on a Blood Lust rolls. Ive also had RRs to spare at the end of halves, in most cases.

Jeffro
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree you want some Thralls that contribute. Ideally, within their ranks would be some proper players and some unskilled meatbags. I understand the hesitancy reasoning, but don't personally find the move from three to four that significant when it comes to cleaning up your own men. A lot of the time you can position two that can threaten to move and then not necessarily do anything (and have two roaming), whereas when you've got three, one guy stood still isn't nearly as threatening, and he might have to move as well. It feels almost like I roll more BL with three than four! Of course, when things get bad, the plan goes out of the window. Wink

Agree with the Pro use, if you're going the Pro route. Good luck!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2017 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see keeping two Vamps still is possible sometimes on defence for folks with strong willpower. similar to not using Big Guys. On offence I suppose you will need to keep them all moving though. And that is when you really don't want Vamps drinking thralls.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I find your lack of dodge disturbing.

4th vamp FTW. Once the rest are all blodgepro-ed up get a 5th.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2017 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
I can see keeping two Vamps still is possible sometimes on defence for folks with strong willpower. similar to not using Big Guys. On offence I suppose you will need to keep them all moving though. And that is when you really don't want Vamps drinking thralls.

That's certainly true at some points of your drive, but likely not for the whole eight turns. As with all things, it depends how things are going, what the opposition is, etc. On turns where you're commiting to a drive defining, significant advance (probably mid to late half), all four might have to move. Those are the times you might well commit a RR to BL (or anything else that goes wrong) and cross your fingers you don't fail 2-4 of them. However, if you've had an average to good start to your drive (getting the ball to approximately halfway and generating some good tempo), you might well be able to minimise the amount of BL you have to roll in early turns. Skilled Thralls help a bunch with that. Not having to use Vamps to hold the LoS is pretty useful.

But agreed, it's easier to manage BL when defending. So long as you aren't allowing the opponent to get into a fabulous bunkered position, you can either passively wall off (needs little movement / dice) or wait to make a play at the ball, depending on the situation. That only has to work once! Wink

Looks like Vampire # 4 is on the team and as yet undefeated. Gogo! Very Happy
kummo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2017 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
I find your lack of dodge disturbing

My 1st thought exactly.

Personally i like to start with 2 vamps and i buy 3rd when 2 of them have 4-5 skills on total (blodge 1st, 3rd skill is pro on 1st and 2nd vamp)

My loss streak started when i got 3rd.

And i will buy 4th one when 3rd one has gets dodge.

(This is ranked team but i have same build planned for box too, box team has played only 1 game so far.. because i activate around 20 teams most of the time)
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2017 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought common knowledge held it to start with 4 Vamps 4 Rerolls, and Dodge first skill? Haven't started my Vampire team yet, please don't confuse me with alternatives.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2017 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I started with 3 Vampires, 9 Thralls and 4 re-rolls, if I remember well.
fidius

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2017 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Double +AG already? Reliable Gaze is filthy. ++good!
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2017 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Now granted NBFL is a different kettle of fish from B, but 3 Vamps? I have 5 and play them all together as much as possible!

Also, no pro for me, but 5 rerolls. Still, they seem to do pretty well. Granted, I do not care at all about TV the way you may care about it for B, still, 3 Vamps seems really light, against some teams, or just with some poor armor dice, you'll be missing one or two for a drive anyway.
 Jump to: