34 coaches online • Server time: 09:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I am thinking about entering the GLT. I have never entered a tournament before because of my own time constraints. I am only available for games from 22:30 - 01:30 in a Central Asian time zone. However, I am available at that time every day.

Should I even bother entering?
kwèk

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't try it... you won't know.
If you said: "I'm only avaible on thursday afternoon from 14h00 till 18h00" ... I would deff say no. But you have 3 hours every day... it's kinda clunky, but finding a time is also a joined effort. Once you guys made a deal, stick with it.

If it's really too difficult to arange a game... you should talk to the tournament staff.

Next to that, I can't really imagine that you can't make time somewhere else then the moments you are "always" here. Making time and organising your stuff, is just something that is up to you. If you are trully unflexible (not even for a little bit) then things will just become really hard to make arangements.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

kwèk wrote:
If you don't try it... you won't know.
If you said: "I'm only avaible on thursday afternoon from 14h00 till 18h00" ... I would deff say no. But you have 3 hours every day... it's kinda clunky, but finding a time is also a joined effort. Once you guys made a deal, stick with it.

If it's really too difficult to arange a game... you should talk to the tournament staff.

Next to that, I can't really imagine that you can't make time somewhere else then the moments you are "always" here. Making time and organising your stuff, is just something that is up to you. If you are trully unflexible (not even for a little bit) then things will just become really hard to make arangements.

See. There is the issue. Between work and three children, those are the hours I have for my personal time.
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

22.30 - 1.30 SERVER TIME? 7 days available per week at that bracket?

if yes, i'd say... go for it!

Kwek tips are very good. Keep them in mind.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it is 18:30 to 21:30 server time. I am in Central Asia.
kwèk

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No... He said "Central Asia Time"
I've been trying to figure out what that would mean Very Happy

To solve the riddle, and after some looking up... I guess it's the Time used in Kazakhstan! Which made me go to a converter! It's "Server Time" +4

18:30 - 21:30 -> 14:30 - 17:30 Server Time

For most Europeans , that means they have to be availble in the afternoon... I think most of us guys can do the weekend UNLESS the weekend is taken. Some people don't work 1 day in the week, so they are availble.

For Americans!

18:30 - 21:30 -> 8:30 - 11:30 (East Coast)
18:30 - 21:30 -> 5:30 - 8:30 (West Coast)

... so... for Americans to play against you, that would take a lot of effort.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Actually it is 18:30 to 21:30 server time. I am in Central Asia.

Damn damn damn, so much for all my hard work.

Annyway, if that is your time frame... There is not a lot of trouble there!

East coast: 12h30 (Amerucah)
West Coast: 09h30 (Amerucah)

... so these could be tricky

People in Kazakstan however... they'll have to play you at 22h30

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

18.30-21.30 server...is not too bad! Quite good actually.... Around FUMBBL prime time!

go ahead!
koadah

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

We used to have regional qualifiers. Are those not doable any more?

What I found was that playing at awkward times took a lot the fun out of it. You had two grumpy coaches. One had stayed up too late and the other had got up too early. It made for some irritable games.

Jump to: