37 coaches online • Server time: 15:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Acanos

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
i have applied for a tournament, then i've gone to look for an opponent and an opponent aswered...
pb : we have 2 equip that had differents rules (i have the basic human he has something more unusual and when we begun it was written we couldn't play)
So the match cannot be done, but the shedulder has kept it and i don't know how to cancel it.
Not sure if that's the reason, but i never find an opponent on the page since this game is stuck.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to write a ticket (help->support->none of the above is applicable) asking for the game to be canceled and with a link to your team, or hope an admin sees this thread.

For future reference: your team is in secret league, which is basically an open league inside the League division. While you use gamefinder to find games, you can only play teams inside the same league, if you're attached to a league (which you are, Secret League). For this reason, teams inside Secret League are supposed put [SL] in their name to avoid exactly the problem you have.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to chime in with a quick tip: I see you have bought Fan Factor for your team; now-a-days, Fan Factor is not a great thing to buy when making a new team (as you naturally accrue Fan Factor via playing games), and typically Fan Factor offers more bloat than assistance. In older editions of rules, I believe Fan Factor was much more important, but currently it is typically considered to be not useful by most.

Just thought I'd offer that tip, as I was in the same position once, and did not know!
finsterface

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Acanos wrote:
I have the basic human he has something more unusual

I've seen you've also started playing Humans in Box. Pretty solid (but tough!) place to get a quick game (at least between 18h and 24h, bb-time). I think there are easier teams, though, to start off with.

If you're mostly familiar with Humans and Orcs, you might want to try Orcs, as well. I think they're much more forgiving (especially vs. all those bashy races in the Box). Also, it's easier to get (balanced) games when you activate multiple teams (at different TV-levels) for a draw in Box.
datom

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2017 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

As a fellow new player, can I suggest the 145 club? It's for players new to the game ; great places to get games against players of broadly similar levels and to learn the client etc.

There's an active discord channel for arranging games and receiving sage advice from our experienced admins!

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=2922&op=view

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28219

The league is currently finished awaiting the 145 cup starting but there will be people looking for games regardless.

Jump to: