50 coaches online • Server time: 18:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zabriskie69

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Why many times there is no dices stat ? Often with Box games .

And is it possible to improve them ?
I explain , is it possible to count dices result per kind of action :
- ball action
- dodge action
- "rumble" action

Because if i do just 1s on ball action and just 6s on rumble action , it is impossible to win , but the oposite not.

And is it possible to count the double 1 because the serie:
- 1 (dodge RR) ==> Turnover
- 6 (therefore next round)
- 6 (Team RR)
leads to a different result than
- 6(dodge RR)
- 6 (Team RR)
- 1 ==> Turnover
but same statistic (40% of 6 and 60% of 1)
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Zabriskie69 wrote:
Why many times there is no dices stat ? Often with Box games .

This is because in box the dice are worse. Dice stats seldom show so that users cannot collect enough data to show this.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The dice stats can show whatever you want, Z. You just have to write the program/script to analyze and process all of the dice rolls in a match. Happy coding!

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

They seem much more reliable after the last upgrade. Haven't seen a fail yet.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
They seem much more reliable after the last upgrade. Haven't seen a fail yet.

I don't speak about failure but about improvment .

Jim_Fear wrote:
The dice stats can show whatever you want, Z.

The stats show just 1 thing : The stats . After the reading of them is like the glass with water , half empty or half full ....

Jim_Fear wrote:
You just have to write the program/script to analyze and process all of the dice rolls in a match. Happy coding!

Ok, I just need the source code to save some dev time

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Dice stats seldom show so that users cannot collect enough data to show this.

number of samples is not taken into account (forfeited match in rank division have the stats)
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

what effect are you after for looking at dice stats? I dont quite get the idea of it.
I mean, whats the point? If you counted them, from dice no X to dice no Y, and play like 10 matches, then compare that to the 10 next matches, you will likely get the same result. The only thing you might be able to do is to improve on certain actions, where alternative actions could do better in a given situation, but you dont need statistics for that, maybe only for watching your own progress as you learn to play better.
Zabriskie69

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The goal is to show the luck level of each one.
And I'm sure that in a général statistics on all dices not sorted by kind of action you right, but if we sort by action you should be realy surprised.
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Zabriskie69 wrote:
The goal is to show the luck level of each one.
And I'm sure that in a général statistics on all dices not sorted by kind of action you right, but if we sort by action you should be realy surprised.

Congratulations, you have just invented a luck meter.
Strider84

Post 12 Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

U will never be able to get any significance out of that. Sometimes double ones are bad, sometimes not so bad. Same for blocks. Part of the fun of bloodbowl is that you can always blame the dice. Even neutral specs might not agree on who is on the lucky end in some games.
If you feel unlucky embrace nuffle as you can only prove your skill with bad dice. With lucky dice anyone can win!
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So basically you want something that will tell you that your opponent only won because of good dice?

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

On the last improvement, i noticed some issues with KO, SI and death icons. They are not on the right place, for example :
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3934963
There is a skull icon on the last turn, but it is labeled as a KO, and it was a KO.

great job CandleJack, thanks

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
So basically you want something that will tell you that your opponent only won because of good dice?

No, many times my opponent play better than me and deserve is victory. And some times my opponent are more lucky than me . The opposite is true too.

Strider84 wrote:
U will never be able to get any significance out of that. Sometimes double ones are bad, sometimes not so bad

Perhaps i will never success... Sometimes double 1 not so bad ? Example please.
And is not about my luck or my unluck, is just to have statistics given a real image of the game , not just '40% of my dices was a 3'. Is general, not just for me or my results .
But globally i'm agrea with you Strider.
MrMagic

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Double ones are not so bad when being rolled on your pieces injury table.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Since you can't control the dice you should focus more on improving your coaching skill rather than on dice stats.
Knowing the dice stats is nice to have a better understanding of a game, but the replay should be watched as well.
Rolling a double 1 is not generally an issue if it happens after the important actions have been performed while rolling a double 1 at the start of a turn is generally an issue, the point is that dice rolls need a context to be really meaningful.
It's not just the quantity of good dice rolled, sometimes a single very lucky roll (like an unlikely pass or a -2d block) will have more impact on the game than rolling pows all game.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Tulkas_jrrt wrote:
On the last improvement, i noticed some issues with KO, SI and death icons. They are not on the right place, for example :
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3934963
There is a skull icon on the last turn, but it is labeled as a KO, and it was a KO.

great job CandleJack, thanks

That's not what that dice represents:

The skull represents that the KO/BH/SI/RIP was self-inflicted. So it was a KO, but for the team making the block.