44 coaches online • Server time: 15:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Feral Skinks 0-16 60K 8/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Frenzy A/GSP
Feral Sauruses 0-4 80K 6/4/1/9 Wild Animal, Frenzy GS/PA
Cold One 0-2 150K 7/5/1/9 Really Stupid, Bite(Claw) S/GPA
Dread Saurian 0-1 200K 6/6/1/9 Loner, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Bite(Claw), Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull, No Hands, Sure Feet S/GPA

Apoth: Yes.
Rerolls: 70K

Background: On islands beyond the rule of the Slann, Lizardmen have become almost as animalistic as the monsters that surround them, untouched by the reintroduction of blood bowl to the world. Some enterprising Slann came to the islands seeking new players to find fresh and fercious players to put on the pitch. Now near feral Lizardmen and some of the tamer beasts are being put onto the field, even if they do not grasp the fact they are playing a game.

Rational:

The current secret teams are filled to the brim with elves, undead, dwarves, chaos followers, humans, and others, but there is only one extra Lizardman team (the Skink team), two if you count the Snakemen.

This is my attempt to rectify it by going to the Lizardmen beyond the reach of the Slann's rule. In the background, some Lizardmen colonized islands outside the Slann's reach and essentially became animals once more.

I thought about just making the linemen bog standard skinks, but I decided to still make them animalistic while not giving them a nega-trait (as having nega-trait linemen would be too much). So I reduced their armor by one and gave them Frenzy, which is probably detrimental as it is on 2 strength play without general access.

I did give the Saurus' trait wild animal for the obvious reason that these feral Saurus' are basically wild animals. Frenzy was also a must as there isn't a player with Wild Animal that doesn't also have Frenzy.

Next I decided to add some beasts. The Cold Ones are essentially the Lizardmen's horses, it is their main single mount. I wasn't sure what strength I should give them, their model size varies wildly, but I eventually decided to give them strength 5 as they are strong enough to carry around a full sized Lizardman all day. I debated between giving the Cold Ones Wild Animal or Really Stupid, but as they are mounts I decided Really Stupid. They also have razor sharp teeth which mandated Claw. I did not give them loner as they are mounts who will instructions, and this team will have enough reroll problems as it is with all the Wild Animals.

Finally the Dread Saurus, a giant bipedial monster. It's huge size mandates at least strength 6. As it walks on four legs, I gave it no hands and sure feet. The models usually have a barbed tail, so it also have Prehensile tail. Also again it has claw as it has large set of very sharp teeth.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2018 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I respect the dedication to team fluff, but there is such a thing as taking it too far. This team is clearly worse than Ogres.

Feral Skinks are brutally overcosted linemen who are even more pigeon-holed as ballcarriers than regular skinks. Can't block with ST 2 Frenzy, can't get hit with AV 6 Stunty.

One Saurus with frenzy is a boon on a lizard team, but you wouldn't want all of them to have it even if it were free. Saurus have enough positioning troubles as it is. With Wild Animal as well... they are completely unable to perform the positional play they need to, or come back in the game if they get outmuscled. As soon as more than one gets knocked down, or you can't afford to use the blitz to stand up, it's as good as a removal as far as their relevance to the rest of the drive is concerned.

The Cold Ones are strong and a nice design but not enough to save the team, especially since they also have Really Stupid. The Dread Saurian is just redundant, more bash is not what this team needs. It needs real linemen, as in players who can fulfil positioning duties without going splat in a stiff wind or succeeding at 4+ rolls to be allowed to move.

I'd suggest something more like this:

Feral Skinks 0-16 60K 8/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty AG/SP
Feral Sauruses 0-4 90K 6/4/1/9 Frenzy GS/PA
Cold One 0-1 150K 7/5/1/9 Really Stupid, Loner, Bite(Claw) S/GPA

Apoth: Yes.
Rerolls: 60K

These spesific suggestions are just off the top of my head and I'm not a great roster designer by any stretch, but that should be a team that has a notably different play style to regular Lizardmen while still being somewhat competitive.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2018 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:

Rational:

The current secret teams are filled to the brim with elves, undead, dwarves, chaos followers, humans, and others, but there is only one extra Lizardman team (the Skink team), two if you count the Snakemen.

Three if you count Rasetra. Also, several other teams can be seen as variations on the Lizardman roster model, including Albion, Orc Big 'Uns and the Nurgle, Khorne and Tzeentch Daemons.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2018 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Feral Skinks could be tougher - give them St3 and lose Stunty. or... give them claws, or stab

delusional

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it.

Change the Cold ones to Bone Head and No Arms.
Cold One 0-1 150K 7/5/1/9 Bone Head, No Arms, Bite(Claw) S/GPA

Having the Dread Sauran and Cold ones is a mistake. Dread Sauran can go into the Superstar category IMHO.

The Skink idea is AWESOME! Perhaps take from their movement instead of Armor for Frenzy. They are wild, so dont run in a straight line as much.

Feral Sauruses 0-5 80K 5/4/1/9 Wild Animal, Frenzy GS/PA
These guys need something. I don't know what. Maybe av8 mv 5 and foul appearance.
 Jump to: