34 coaches online • Server time: 10:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you survive it?

Image Elves! Our new division structure has given them a chance to overcome their lack of weapons it seems. Whipsundays may have destroyed the S10 Champion Woodies, but they came out of Paintree Rainforest to win it just like the S11 Champion High Elfs: Southern Shrike.

The only Elfs left in Paintree have gone on holiday instead, leaving the big Rats looking a bit likely for S12 if the big boys of Whipsundays continue to ruin each other's teams and then choke in the playoffs. Mind you, the new Lizards, and the Underworld and Undead weren't far off it either in the last two seasons.

At the Southern Survivalists League, we've an easy ten-day round cycle, five rounds a season, start a new one every three months, and kicking this one off 21st January at the latest. We are Sydney timezone (currently at server +10) to match our common southern leagues, if you can start Sydney evenings, pop along and say hi. Smile

Our main rule is NO PLAYER RETIREMENTS. They do manage to find the only way out eventually, Hank is dead, but most teams still have that someone special tucked away for line duty.

There's 100k extra for TWO FREE CARDS, use 'em or lose 'em. Also, SECRET WEAPON STARS ONLY and players MUST TAKE STATS if rolled post-game (except the right stuff teams for those last two).

There's a Spiked Ball always in play, +1 to fouls, Sneaky Gits messing about and refusing to be sent off, right stuff cancels tackle on blocks, full rules on the group page, check 'em out, good to have a refresher before the season, as much of it as possible is automated for us by the client.

Kickoff is 21st January, 1st February due date, then 11th, 21st, 1st March, and 11th. Yes, we sneak in a shorter round so it's always due on the 1s. The winner of each division goes to a knockout playoff to decide the league's Champion.

The meanest six teams go in Whipsundays.
The next meanest six to Paintree Rainforest.
Then another six off into The Blasted Plains.
Leaving new teams with the softest, Red Mountains.

It's competitive all the way, success is punished with a bigger challenge, and being punished lets you back down again. I'll have the Power Ratings up once I double check 'em and make it a bit pretty.

We will be seeing new Dark Elf and Elf Union teams, waiting to hear about the Lizards and Amazons as other possibilities. It's a random draw for new entrants, I was lucky enough to get Vamps in S2, not a bad set of teams this time too though.

Season 12, nearly three years. Bravo SSL. Not like those wimps up north. That Cas Cup could be ours for good, might be time to claim it as our own. Very Happy

Last edited by tussock on Jan 11, 2018 - 04:01; edited 1 time in total
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff Tussock!

Keep on Survivin'... Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

From the end-S11 power ratings, our S12 divisions are looking to be, with stunty teams' places yet to be confirmed as they have options ....

To save me linking them all, our teams can be found here.

Whipsundays, where champion elves go to die.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

331: Jim Lahey Experience. Twice champion terrors of the Southern Wastes, taking a bit of a beating. 16 perms, most yet, poor Cyrus, 16 dead too.
275: They Called it Survival. Once champions, so often in the running, can beat anyone on their day. 9 perms for Lancelot and friends, 20 dead.
259: Southern Shrike. S11 champions, snuck into the finals and cleaned up against the best, so much blodge. 2 perms, just 4 dead, needs MOAR!
234: West Side Warp Talons. Pure evil this lot, just getting meaner and meaner over time. 10 perms, Graktar has a few, 8 dead including Hank.
230: Black Gulf Breakers. So much Guard, such good runners, just 5 perms but 15 dead. 15 dead dorfs, that's not survival.
224: Skye Plague SSL. Stat freaks everywhere, just starting to get the basic hitting skills. 5 perms, 7 dead, should help those smaller numbers here.

Paintree Rainforest, where agile teams make runs for the cup.

220: World Renowned Sewer Divers. Young rats have made the finals before, have to be confident. 7 perms, mostly on Thanq, 11 dead, not too bad.
206: Wasteland Scaggers. Underworld made the S11 finals and all but beat the eventual champs. 12 perms, Inclefloota included. 7 dead.
203: Innsmouth Immortals. Just a young team, won a division previously, on 2 perms with 5 destroyed so the regeneration is working well.
191: Lokomotiv Sodor. Lizardmen smashed the Red Mountains S11, earned some tougher games. No perms with 5 dead, good Apo that.
186: Ravageport Ne'er–Do–Well's. Humans are always building, sometimes they crush teams, others they're crushed. 7 perms, 10 dead, not too bad.
185: Mopping Beards. Chaos Dwarfs, love 'em or hate 'em, I have too many goblin teams to love 'em. 1 perm, 3 dead, that could be worse, go Paintree!

The Blasted Plains, where our growing squads beat the living snot out of each other.

183: cereal killer's. Khemri love our spiked ball, these ones are trying more armour. 2 perms and none destroyed, plenty of time for all that yet.
172: Redgum's Rascals. Orcs, man, I should try them one day, with 2 perms and no deaths they're like a new team, only with a whole lot of hitting power.
172: Coort-In-Guyz Council Cretins. Goblins breed madness, I should know. 7 perms and 7 dead, that can't help, better Apo. Wonder if I can that Troll fixed? Stayed put.
166: Wide Eyed Stupid. Chaos Renegades are getting better results in the new divisions, 2 perms and 7 dead, expensive team, they'll need more new ones here.
155: Post-Mortem Survival. Young Necromantic squad making their way in tough competition. 5 perms already, 5 dead, better Regen dice in order.
131: Noisome Swarthy Woodsmen. The Wood Elfs took a few cas in Whipsundays, down to 4 perms The One Tree being exemplary. But 36 dead!

Red Mountains. where the youngest and most beaten leftovers get to play with the fresh squads.

141: Tanuki Terrors. The old Halflings return once more seeking Supaikuto Booru's touch. Daibingu Kachi among 11 perms, with 14 dead, just getting started. Shuffled down.
129: Metamorphosis Mischief. Slann have captured the love of our hatchetman Bigbullies. Just 1 perm and no dead, great start, not a bad division.
125: Hot Sake. OGARs apparently love chainsaws to the face, just a bit much. 6 perms and 5 dead, desperately need that 6th Ogre and a full bench. Stayed put.
New: Amazon. Who will be the next ECB Ladies Ashes Tour, just roll +AG!
New: Dark Elf. Who will have what it takes to get DE off the ground in SSL?
New: Elf Union. Can the new Union roll stats like NZ Invaders? I hear leap is good too.

--

Expect the right stuff teams to shuffle that a bit, I'll get onto them and update as I hear.

We are done recruiting, three new coaches total found. Timezone is Sydney, but anyone who can handle similar time games is more than welcome, we have coaches from all over. Kickoff 21st, ten day rounds, it's a random draw for what team you get, no player retirements, everything's gunna try and kill you though. Start in Red Mountains, probably be some stunties move down there too and push those broken old Woodies up. Leave a message here, check out the discord, or PM jevouse, bigbullies, or me.

Last edited by tussock on Jan 11, 2018 - 04:25; edited 2 times in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I’ve skipped a division??!?! :face_palm:

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2018 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed DrPoods, indeed.

S11 player recognition is finally up, thanks shraaaag for the scripts being back on, check out the group page.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=9565

Night Gaunt running in 8 TDs, Jamkie with 11 Cas, and NZ Invaders again hogging the other bits of bosh, aside from everyone else who got one.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My Fellow Coaches Smile

Just a request re PMs for scheduling. Important enough to refresh methinks Smile

Please do not just write: "When you free?"

Please provide: Days and Times that you are normally available and inquire if the opponent finds any of these suitable?

As the opponent: Please advise either Yes this time suits... or advise those times are tough and make a counter proposal with Days and Times.

Hopefully this will greatly assist everyone to schedule games early and avoid unnecessary forfeits.

Cheers Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2018 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

What if I'm never free? What if I'm just comparatively inexpensive?

(Hey, don't blame me - it's a Sutho thing.)