50 coaches online • Server time: 16:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

But I have this league Orc team that is currently tearing through the league like a sledgehammer through a halflings skull. A -AV Halfling with a niggling injury being 3 dice blitzed by a Clawpombing Beastman with TACKLE and a reroll to spare.

And on that team there was the Goblin who already rolled a DOUBLE for B L O C K, B l o c k , b l o c k and NOW he rolled a Double 5.

So... what do you give the Goblin on an Orc team that already has everything?

+MA, +AV, Dirty Player, Strip Ball, Sure Hands, Guard, Fend, Tackle, Pass, Pro, Nerves of Steel, Dauntless, Frenzy, Grab, Mighty Blow, Leap OR Hail Mary Pass?

I don't play him much. And the team has 3 Blitzers with AGILITY 4.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

As he has Blodge already I would usually reckon the extra move to help with TTM and generally getting around. However you don't have a troll... So this Orc team certainly doesn't have everything.
A bit odd to have the Gobbo without the Troll. If you had already chosen wrestle I would go for strip ball. Hmm, well move 7 can't hurt so maybe go for that anyway.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 00:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be tempted to pass it up and go for diving tackle or side step.

But if you want to use the double, guard. A stunty blodge guard can get into places (by the ball carrier) your ag4 blitzers can then take advantage of for 2 die.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Who's Pentcastle?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
As he has Blodge already I would usually reckon the extra move to help with TTM and generally getting around. However you don't have a troll... So this Orc team certainly doesn't have everything.
A bit odd to have the Gobbo without the Troll. If you had already chosen wrestle I would go for strip ball. Hmm, well move 7 can't hurt so maybe go for that anyway.

The Troll was KILLED in the last game... same game where the Goblin SKILLED.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Who's Pentcastle?

I was trying to make a fluffy crossover reference to the "Letters to Penthouse" reader written/probably fictional accounts of sexual encounters that traditionally lead-off with the phrase...
"Dear Penthouse magazine, I've heard stories of (fill in the blank) I never thought it would happen to me..."

And the 2nd paragraph is set to the tune of the childrens song "B I N G O" about a Dog who had a NAME-O!
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm.... does NErves of Steel apply to Picking up the Ball?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is pretty funky.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Hmmm.... does NErves of Steel apply to Picking up the Ball?

That's Big Hand. NoS is catch, pass and hand off.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2018 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate guard on armor 7 pieces. Stunty makes it worse, and better. You will be leaving them in a tackle zone sometimes to use that guard, and they can't take a hit even with blodge.

It would be great with leap on a Blitzer to 2 die cage crack, but you'll only get to pull it off a few times before he dies.

The right choice is probably the movement followed by sure feet and then Sprint. He's a one turn nightmare with all that, and running away is easy which is important too.
juck101

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i hate st2 guard with low av. I would say SH.

If hes ma 6 with blodge sh and dodges in on 3s I reecon hes a decent carrier. Add the troll and surefeet and sprint next and hes ok. Leaves the blitzers to go fight on offense. On D hes pretty decent for 1ttm. Could even go stripball instead off SH for defense
Clearly if he roll ag or ma next then hes decent lush for one turn scores
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh if you are buying the Troll back again then I would definitely go for the extra move for TTMs.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

+ma as its a 10. Otherwise consider pro as its the only skill that will help land a ttm
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2018 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

c9805222 wrote:
+ma as its a 10. Otherwise consider pro as its the only skill that will help land a ttm

Didn't think of using Pro for that. And I am a FAN of the Pro skill. On this team alone... I have Pro on 2 Blitzers already and almost took it on a 3rd Blitzer when he skilled lately. BUt decided I needed another guy with Tackle more... maybe next time he skills.

I like how Pro is so flexible. It's like having 1/2 Catch, 1/2 Pass, 1/2 Sure Feet... 2/5 Dodge, 2/5 Sure Hands and a skill to aid in Leap, Jump Up, Dauntless, etc etc... never even considered Landing a TTM.

I MIGHT just do it. I had it on my list. But moved it down. We'll see.
 Jump to: