56 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlueWurm

Post 18 Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone,

I'm new to FUMBBL but have been playing 'Blood Bowl 2' so I know the basics.

If I want to create a 'perpetual' team that I can keep playing, level up, not lose at the end of a league etc do I want to be in 'Blackbox' or 'Ranked'? what is the real difference between them? Can a team be enrolled in both?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Both are perpetual divisions.

R allows you to choose your opponents and all games are made via the gamefinder. Box does not, and games are scheduled every 15min through the blackbox scheduler. A team may not play in both R and B, but teams from either may meet each other in tournaments.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are quite new and are just looking to get some games in to learn how the client and everything works without worrying too much there is also a beginners league called the 145 Club. They have occasional tournaments and leagues for newer people. I think there's one that will actually be going soon. I'll find a link to the group page.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=3180 There ya go Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you both!
Suppurax

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Go blackbox, meet random opponents and have fun! Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to Secret League and have even more fun!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Also when it comes to Blackbox and Ranked most folks find it takes a long time to get to a decent win rate % because of a generally, strong coach level on fumbbl. Just try and enjoy it and learn as you go. 145 club is definitely worth trying, maybe along with Box and/or Ranked.
Writing a bit of player background or match reports etc as your team develops helps some folks keep an interest too.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

And remember that it's a game where you can play the way you want !
You can make "win at all cost" teams, and on the opposite, you can make the team you are really fond of ! Like me and my https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=810578 !
Enjoy the freedom to test !

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2018 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks guys, rolled up a team but havent had time to dedicate to a game yet.

I may have used up all my lucky dice rolls in Blood Bowl 2 tonight though. last turn of the game, Skink hits Kroxigor in the End Zone from mid-field for the game winning TD! (no pass/catch-related skills on either player) !!! Surprised
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2018 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

There's also plenty of various discord channels for groups and things on FUMBBL. Good place to find advice or look for games with people and keep up to date on events.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2018 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Create a Ranked team, go to Game/Gamefinder, Look for games with it and do not accept offers from Star coaches and above. Stick to Rookies, Experienced, and Veterans only as opponents at least for your first 50 games I would say.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I created a team and joined 145 league... I've waited half an hour for a game on 3 separate occasions with no luck.

Where do i go if i want to play other ~1000TV teams and actually find games regularly?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The 145 League tournament doesn't start until Mar. 14th. More information here
 Jump to: