41 coaches online • Server time: 10:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shalin

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2018 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

HI there,

So I'm playing against a rookie nurgle team (Beast has guard no other skills.) I've got a medium developed human team, including 3 guard (2 blitzers and ogre.)
My question is on offence should i try and out bash him? I'm not used to having guard or a sort of str advantage. I could set up to give myself 2d blocks along the los. Assuming he puts his warriors and beast there. Should I do that? The danger is they all just fall over, then stand up and tie me up. I think it would take 5 of mine vs 3 of his to get the 2d blocks. Is that worth it?

Or would i be better off trying to take out his pestigor and rotters as quickly as possible.
Of course i could try to do both, and I am well aware that targeting the pestigors is a priority.

Thanks for any thoughts.
jdm

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2018 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that if you over engage with your opponent then you're playing the game that they want and likely the only way that they will win.

You have the speed advantage so the last thing you want is a load of your players tied up.

Whilst you may be able to outbash the nurgle, you're not going to get through their av9 as quickly as they'll get through your av8.

I think focusing on the pestigor and rotters, as you said, is probably your best path to success. And not getting over engaged

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2018 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Try it. But do not overcommit. Do not give away free blocks. At some point you will need to switch plan.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2018 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have ogre you can bash bon and 2 warriors with ease (just do the ogre block as your last action). That should save you men to work stuff around after LOS blocks. If you don't have ogre then it might be too much commitment. Depending how he positions the 3 (or 5) and the backrow you can block 1-2 and still have enough men to move around.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2018 - 16:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to be the voice of doom, but no, you cant outbash them, except by lucky dice.

you can outblock them, but the av difference and lack of kill skills means in a protracted fight his str and av will tell. (on average). Dont overlook that hitting 2 NW and a Beast every turn means every other turn someone wont hit due to DP.

But you can likely control round 1, and when/if you down them you can scoot and leave rookies tending them while your speed and guard dominates the rest of the field.

If round one goes badly, huddle up one side, invite the big guys in, use guard to down them then switch sides.

And, as you say, hammer the pests.

Last edited by PurpleChest on Mar 18, 2018 - 19:17; edited 1 time in total
gpope

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2018 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You can try... having a lot more block and guard really goes a long way. You have to be smart about it, though. Even with block your blitzers are much easier to hurt than his warriors... so you need to get a lot more blocks than he does if you want to have a reasonable chance of winning the bash fight. That means make him come to you, and leave yourself enough free players that you can punish him for it.

Still, in the end it all comes down to the dice, so don't expect it to work and be prepared to shift tactics if he gets lucky with injury dice.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2018 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone told me the % of removing a player from the pitch with mighty blow. I can't remember what it is, but it's quite low. Obviously without MB it would be worse. Out manoeuvre might be a better bet

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2018 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

8.61% without rerolling. So if by out bashing, you mean removing players, it probably won't happen.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Your team development with the guards should really help you to win this match. But I would use the Guards move for controlling your cage, and with your slightly faster team you should be able to pick your 2d blitzes and get around them. Your Guards should also help you stop their cage, but still not easy vs Nurgle Warriors. Don't go for an all out slug fest as you will only win it if the rookie Nurgle suffer a lot of both downs.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2018 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Sorry to be the voice of doom

Jeffro
shalin

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2018 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input.
In the end i did well, I did roll really well for armour breaks and managed to completely control the match. Won 2-0, and managed to farm 18spp on 2 key players.

Only mistake was not spending more time farming completions in the first half and too much time hitting warriors when i should have been trying to get more cas' with the rotters. But certainly can't complain.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2018 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

glad it worked out for you. Always nice to hear humans besting nurgle Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Sorry to be the voice of doom, but no, you cant outbash them, except by lucky dice.

It seems PC blessed the Human side!