17 coaches online • Server time: 03:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bigf

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

looking to get an idea how to take this team further development wise.

They got decimated in this game but i have been able to nuffle my way to games with the gutters.

I have 230000 to spend.

Is there are time that skaven need a RO, especially at higher TV, or do i get a 4th GR and flesh out a bench with some linerats as fodder?

Cheers!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

- Get the 4th Gutter Runner and some reserves;
- Drop 1 RR, if you want 4 rrs just take Leader on a Thrower, although 3 are enough for most matches;
- Drop the 2 Assistant Coaches, they are not worth their TV.
Weresquid

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't go for a rat ogre, in my experience he's most useful at low TV when you need the extra help, though even then he's not necessary. Buy a gutter runner and a thrower, then buy linemen until you're at about 13 players, that works well for me. And I agree with MattDakka, 4 RR is a bit much, I also like having extra rerolls to do some crazy BS but a Leader lets you do that without bloating the TV too much.
Tzalaran

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

No Skaven team NEEDS a Rat Ogre. Some coaches like them, others don't.

i'd buy your 4th gutter and 2 throwers, and then hope you earn enough gold to buy a linerat per game until you have 14 or 15 on your squad. That would be when i thought about getting the RO if i want one.
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

2 blitzers + 4 GRs + 10 linemen (3 DPs, 1 Kick) is generally the way to go at higher TV.

1. Rat Ogre is good at low TV & good at high TV if they get enough doubles. However, hard to develop a rookie RO on a high TV team. Note: if you have other positionals developed and want to select the RO for MVP every game - could be worth a shot.

2. Throwers are mostly useless. The only uses are if you need a ST 3 ballcarrier (wood elves and slann for example have the leaping and the speed to punish ST 2 ballcarriers). However, generally throwers are not used. Especially in your case with a one-turner and solid GRs, no need for the throwers.

3. Linemen generally get DP - I like having 3 DPs at mid to high range skaven teams. I see you took claw on a doubles...not normally my choice - I would go with guard every time instead. Maybe a dodge if the linerat has a +stat or something.
bigf

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice guys, i especially like the 3 dps - Paul Hicks would approve!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

If you go with a rat ogre, he's good if he gains the right skills. I have a devil of a time dealing with skaven that have juggernaut, stand firm, guard and claw rat ogres.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

About the Claw Linerat: I would have taken either Guard, Dodge (better at low TV when not facing many Tacklers) or Two Heads (better at high TV when Tackle is more common).
I really like to have one extra "agile" player able to disengage reliably and move elsewhere.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You have a great core there. Very good blitzers. Agile one turner. Even an agile cage breaker. Another Wrestle gutter and as others say move towards having a few reserves. 3 rerolls should be enough instead of 4.

A thrower is only 20 TV over a linerat so it doesn't hurt to get sure hands and pass for a s3.

Azure is an expert on Skaven. I quite enjoy the Rogre for the strong option, but the Wild Animal fails cause disaster quite often. Lack of block and mediocre armour are also risks. You can get one. If you don't like it then don't replace when he dies.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Im surprised at dp as a skill choice, I bow to greater skill. For me line rats are very bad fooder. I only give them block or wrestle with the exception of one kick. I would never apoth a lino and I would pass on doubles.
bigf

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the advice guys,

I have forgone the RO and like the idea of a big bench, especially how i remember Azure kicked my ass in WIL with skaven!
kummo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
2 blitzers + 4 GRs + 10 linemen (3 DPs, 1 Kick) is generally the way to go at higher TV.

Debatable. I can see 14 rats total work too especially when joining tournaments with said team (in case you can afford and want starplayers for said match).

Azure wrote:

1. Rat Ogre is good at low TV & good at high TV if they get enough doubles.

Arguable but some make it work. I don't like rogres but i see more usage for them at TT tournaments (1100 or 1200 tv resurrections) for example.
But some make them work better than others (most top skaven coaches seem to favor it). I am not one of the ones that can... and i usually don't promote the idea of high tv rogre skaven.

Azure wrote:

2. Throwers are mostly useless. - - Especially in your case with a one-turner and solid GRs, no need for the throwers.

I like thrower. Ideally with +ag. Not for passing. But to pickup ball, stand far back (if there are scary leapers that can reach ball in middle), then form screen and spread gutters behind that said screen having 2 gutters in scoring range and one middleman (sure.. if one wants to score on that turn then pass and handover is needed but idea is not to score that turn but to setup a breakthrough).

I usually don't want my oneturner on field while i'm on offense so having ball on thrower gives me a possibility to sit that ma10+sprint gutter and still have 3 (or 4 if i wanna more options or had to field oneturner) fast agility guys running wild.

If thrower has leader then he might sit on bench during opponents receiving drive (so if they score on their turn 8 then i would have oneturner and surely have at least that one reroll for oneturning).

Azure wrote:

3. I like having 3 DPs. - - I would go with guard every time instead.

Agree fully with this one. Guard for life on linos. (Thrower would get dodge and/or extra arms.. latter only if no +ag has been rolled previously).
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I just say how proud I am that my team decimated someone so much they made a forum post about it. Bigf was a great sport (and did win the game too)

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually, with skaven, what works for rebuilding them is:
-make sure you have all positionals (4 gutters, 2 blitzers. The rest depends on personal taste, throwers are ok -even if i don't use them -while i would never recommend Rat Ogres)
-once you have all positionals, your aim is to have at least 13 players. You need some cannon fodder to protect your important players, so you want to be sure you can field a reasonable number of players at each kick off ( they wont increase your TV too much anyway). This is the hardest part, since every linerat tends to die very fast.
If I have 9 players and just the money for buy 1 or 2 of them, I simply wait one more game until i can afford the 12th. Having loners as linefodder or rookie rats, makes no difference...
 Jump to: