30 coaches online • Server time: 11:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

HolA

Discussion topic, or just an opportunity for a rules-nerd to speak up if he has all of the references in the FUMBBL rule-set memorized.

I'm currently involved in a Crown of Sand elf-off, and we started a game we knew my opponent might not be able to finish before work. To summarize, somewhere around Turn 12, amidst a ton of back-and-forth action, he said he needed to leave 'soon.' When he DID choose to leave was half-way through his own turn, after dropping my ball-carrier, and having a ton of important moves left. He said it was 'time', and left very quickly. I could not have objected to the timing if I had wanted to.

With several hours or days to study all of his courses of action to protect the ball, I imagine this would be the type of thing to drive MattDakka-Dakka-Dakka crazy.

I am not aware of existing etiquette on 'how' to postpone a match, but I don't think leaving mid-turn would be a valid option, unless agreed upon before hand, or agreeing at the time. Certainly not in a tourney game, and certainly not against someone who plays a black base guitar.

Fun digs at Matt aside, obviously two coaches can agree to any terms beforehand, but I'm wondering if there is something more official or established I could point out to this coach, whose MA4 Block tree will be undoubtedly be involved in more tournament action in the future.

(It's a friendly and good game, so the drop is likely quite 'innocent')

Go elves!

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

dudes, you're taking this thing too much seriously. it's a game, after all.
one should play when it's ok to play, to avoid this.

garyt1

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If he left at the end fo his turn would it be any better? I think if you knew it may not be finished then it isn't too bad when he goes. As long as he can finish at a time ok for you.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The funny thing is, if you leave half way through a turn, and the server has to restart for any reason, there's a good chance the game resets back to the beginning of the turn.

So, you might not get that ball sacked after all. Very Happy

FYI, someone should end turn, and then you should both leave the game, that's safest. Trying to squeeze in another couple minutes just doesn't really make sense.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people just can't wait to get that tasty tree-on-elf action. Sheesh.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Just when you restart he will probably lay down the boot with his Dirty Player Elf to really wind you up.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2018 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

para-noia

Jump to: