34 coaches online • Server time: 09:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cdwat

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2018 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Relezite wrote:
As a small addition, I personally am not against rules that force reduction of the overstuffed legacy teams.

I just think rebuys would have proven enough.

Rebuys force you to be creative about limiting team progression over the years.

"Wants to Retire" is that plus forcing the coach to do it a specific way.

I like that players are pushed to retirement, though I think linking it to 7 game seasons probably speeds it up too much.

Anyway, good points you make Tomay. Nice to see a different & longer term perspective of it all.

Bio template here.
Smegish

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2018 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

As I've said before, I'm fine with the rebuy and 'salary cap' it imposes in theory, just think with our short seasons that the TV range we're going to be stuck in -seems to be 13-1500 or so with a few exceptions- is a bit low for my taste. I would rather see 1500 being the low end of the scale.

Before you say that was season 1, and the scoring and Cas will pick up, that's not necessarily true. To take my team as an example I got 14 TD's and 11 Cas, now 14 TD's is on the low side of average for my Helf teams in the past I'll grant you, but I couldn't say the last time the Mexicans got 11 Cas in one season if they ever did, more often was 6-7. So I'd say its likely that my total TDs/Cas is going to be about the same from season to season +/- 2 or so, leaving me with a average budget (assuming I end the season with 190k cash) of about 1450. Or just shy of the Regional salary cap from way back in late-LRB4 era.

In the end it's up to the admins to decide how big they want the teams in the league to get/maintain, and the rest of us can decide if we're happy to play in that TV range or not.

EDIT: I know the league has a history of using the current rules as soon as able, but I'm curious to know why we've moved to BB16 before all of Death Zone 1 -containing the basic bits of league play- was implemented on Fumbbl?

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2018 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fool wrote:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the new rule set

How do you tell you are in the minority, and not instead in the, say, silent majority?
Fool

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2018 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Fool wrote:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the new rule set

How do you tell you are in the minority, and not instead in the, say, silent majority?

Time for a poll?
Foad

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2018 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a reminder that The Sands legacy league is now recruiting for those coaches who miss coaching at a higher TV.

All old [L]eague teams are welcome, especially grandfathered/potioned/sponged players who still have a point to prove. There aren't even any killer teams...

Very fun, very casual...

Looking to kick off on Monday - teams can apply here: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=7249&p=teams

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2018 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a feeling that this re-buying team and having to think around team value, size of treasury and such might be just too complicated for me.

I might opt to play this legacy league instead.

Well, no need to be hasty. I see if second post-season hurts me less.

- D
Foad

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2018 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock wrote:
I might opt to play this legacy league instead.

What is this "instead" you speak of kemosabe? As Smegish's Mexicalis used to say: "¿Por qué no los dos?"?

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2018 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Who would have thought all I needed to do to get into the All Star team was get an AG4 skink (and foul a heap of times).

If you're interested join the Fringe
swladmin

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2018 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXII Round 1 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXII

All Clear

Some Kind of Voodoo Conference LXXII

All Clear

Bedouin Falcons Conference LXXII

Goonbongburra Windjammers vs Lab Rat Elysium - extension Tuesday

Quotable Folks Conference LXXII

All Clear

François Englert Regional LXXII

All Clear

Another stirling start to another exciting season.

Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I have found an early contender for the coolest non-Tomay SWL team: East Farkner Journeymens Club

They are so vanilla! Great team name, great player names, they're humans and have a sexy versatile core player group, PLUS a strong record so far. Whiterock to Clearhawk.... Touchdown!

Edit: Does anyone else have any favourite teams of other coaches they are keeping an eye on?

Last edited by Tomay on Jun 20, 2018 - 07:01; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, just noticed we have to wait until round 7 (boo) for the zombie apocalypse and it's likely to decide Prem (in one way or another). Maybe that gives Faulcon enough time to catch Relezite in skills, or maybe for Relezite's players to die. Can't say I'm personally looking forward to the Undead vs Orc matchups, as a former Undead coach I quite liked my odds.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead come out of the box strong... and 2x Block Mummies plus AG 4 ghoul is just filth! Razz

I'm enjoying the Rat Ogre - Argol Bargol already... adds a little something something to the pressure we can bring to bear. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I also cannot wait to have a really strong record and barely lose to Faulcon again.
Klazam

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2018 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

C11 feeling real good about that start.

I gave them all nice portraits- the yearbook might be fun to look through. Let's see how many portraits i'll need to go through as time goes on.
swladmin

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2018 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXII Round 2 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXII

Evil Moon Rising vs Snarling Lunar Freaks! - forfeit to Manzoo. Coach Dlock catches some weird disease after being bitten by a zombie chihuahua. Witch doctor working on him as we speak. (Dog may or may not have been seen wearing Lunar Freaks colours)

Some Kind of Voodoo Conference LXXII

All Clear

Bedouin Falcons Conference LXXII

TingBuDong vs Redgum's Rationalists - forfeit to Redgum. Coach HK lost in the wilds of pasta country.

Quotable Folks Conference LXXII

All Clear

François Englert Regional LXXII

All Clear. Cloud 11 Stormbreakers ripping it up. Girls just wanna have fu-un.

Jump to: