47 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Managed to pick up the 1/36 badge today. (Gonna buy a lottery ticket, I think. That left my opponent's ball carrier down/stunned and out of reach of the endzone on turn eight. He was much more skilled than me, and still won however. Smile )

Looking thru the other badges, and noticed:
image title="Play A Game Having Hired 5 Stars"
I assume at some point in the past, folks could hire as many star players as they could afford? (Or am I misinterpreting the requirements for the badge?) Any suggestions as to what this Orc specific badge could/should be replaced with? Anyone skilled with creating and implementing the replacement? Or am I using an old link, and there's already an updated badge list?
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the limit on stars you can hire? 2 or 3? I would say both coaches should earn the badge if you play orcs vs orcs and the maximum number of stars are hired. It means both coaches need to spend some gold on stars.
asteflix

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Brick Farth and Grotty count as two for example, so it can still happen.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

asteflix wrote:
Brick Farth and Grotty count as two for example, so it can still happen.

How? That would make it max 3 wouldn't it?

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

*sob* But Brick Farth and Grotty won't play for Orc teams. Wink (Chaos, Nurgle, or Ogre only.)
Can someone confirm? I believe the greatest number of Star Players an Orc on Orc match could hire would be four? (Two per team.)

Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2018 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Brick Farth and Grotty count as one Star Player(but take 2 open roster spots) for the max. 2 Star hires per team. So I guess you could have 5 Stars playing if someone takes Brick/Grotty +Star and other team takes 2.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So, to summarize, to earn this Orc only badge, my orcs would need to:

1. Play against a chaos, nurgle or ogre team.
    2. Convince my opponent to choose Brick Farth & Grotty, and one other star player.
    3. Take two additional star players myself. (And if my opponent is Ogre... make certain we don't both take [Bomber or Scrappa].)

So, not impossible. I think I've seen that snottling only team playing in B.A.R. tournaments. I suspect that'll be my best shot. That way they get at least 420k in inducements to hire Brick/Grotty and Nobbla, and I only have to carry 160k gold to hire Bomber and Ugroth. As a bonus, we might get some hawt chainsaw on chainsaw action. (Free splatter ponchos for everyone with seats in the first three rows.)

I guess my next question would be, why would this be an Orc only badge? I've never really thought of Orcs as being particularly associated with a special affinity for hiring Star Players. Did there used to be fluff associating Orcs with star players more than other races at some point? Maybe it should just be an 'Orc Diplomacy' badge, since it would seem to have far more with getting my opponent to choose a particular combination of star players than anything I'd be able to control directly. Wink
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be best to change the badge so that in order to earn the badge you would have to play a game where all 4 orc stars are on the pitch at once. (Dribblesnot, Bolgrot, Scrappa, and Varag.) It would be an orc all-star game requiring both orc coaches to bring a pair of orc stars.

This would make it more difficult, and more fluffy in my opinion.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

hopefully Hero164 will explain how to get it.