35 coaches online • Server time: 15:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swladmin

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2018 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXII Round 3 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXII

All Clear - all hail the unbeaten unliving

Some Kind of Voodoo Conference LXXII

All Clear. East Farkner Journeymens Club cruising along at the top. (Love to hear the deserted isles pronunciation of that name)

Bedouin Falcons Conference LXXII

TingBuDong vs Goonbongburra Windjammers - extension

Quotable Folks Conference LXXII

All Clear. Necro jump ahead of the dominant High Elf teams, mushy's on a rampage

François Englert Regional LXXII

All Clear.

Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2018 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:

Edit: Does anyone else have any favourite teams of other coaches they are keeping an eye on?

I'm fond of the Crude Oilers. They've had a hell of a start and the second time I met them they only had 4 dorfs and 1 bull. Either I like to see CD's in pain or I'm a sucker for a rising from the ashes story arc. Probably both.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Fool

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2018 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My elves got pummeled pretty bad in the last match. I'd like to keep them going, but would appreciate advice on how to trim/cull/grow them this season in preparation for next.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=902815
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2018 - 01:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's an example of why Seasons is good for elves. You can get decimated and bounce back straight away for the next season. Depending on wants to retire rolls, I'd ditch all the injured after this season. You have a Guard, a Kicker, and 2 Blodge catchers to carry through. Plus new blitzers to buy. The key thing is don't touch your treasury before the rebuy (maybe just a little to keep it under 200k before R7)
Irgy

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2018 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Fool wrote:
My elves got pummeled pretty bad in the last match. I'd like to keep them going, but would appreciate advice on how to trim/cull/grow them this season in preparation for next.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=902815

Yeah, the trick is to do nothing whatsoever for now, and at the end of the season you'll find yourself in the quite positive situation of having all the cash you need to replace the blitzers, replace the injured catchers, and not needing to sack any of the remaining skilled players. Might have a hard time winning the rest of your games this season but you'll at least have a bunch of journeymen to put on the line and take the rest of the damage.

In fact, "do nothing whatsoever" seems to have become the new advanced midseason team-management super-strategy.
swladmin

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2018 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXII Round 4 Axe

SWL Premier League LXXII

Unicorn Gunfight vs Snarling Lunar Freaks! - extension

Some Kind of Voodoo Conference LXXII

Calithonian Cynegeticus vs SWL Sentinels - extension

Bedouin Falcons Conference LXXII

TingBuDong vs Lab Rat Elysium - extension

Quotable Folks Conference LXXII

All Clear.

François Englert Regional LXXII

All Clear.

Just call me "The Extensioner"

tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2018 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

What I'd do, in your shoes, fool.

Loners on the line, Eldril and Moranion next game if you can fit them, but 2x stars for 13 bodies, maybe some dirty tricks, kick deep, turnover and score turn 2. Two turn all your own drives, try to be 3-0 or 4-0 by half time, then you can just stand aside and collect whatever mistakes they make trying to play catch up.

Team wise, you got two games to make up to 190k, so if you win 80k next match, you can buy whatever loner gets some spp, or maybe use like 20-30k to top up inducements if it's a game winner strategy for either of the next two.

Score as many as you can, and induce the tools to open the cages for you because you don't have any of your own. Good luck, gotta be easier than Khemri. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2018 - 06:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If topping up for inducements happened before the Expensive Mistakes roll it'd be a viable strategy. But it doesn't - if the season is done (no chance of promotion or relegation) then might as well save for the next, and not risk any loss in rebuy money throwing treasury away at meaningless games.

EDIT; "Meaningless" is probably a bit strong. All sorts of reasons to go all out for the win. But I'd personally keep treasury away from the "all out"
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2018 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if you're not going to promote, or drop to reggies, and only care about maxing out next season start, winning is usually worth 20k in immediate cash alone, avoids the late-season 10k winnings, and you've necessarily scored more TDs to help further.

It depends if there's anything to get that'll clearly help, and if you're in a position where your winnings will usually put you somewhat over 200k that you'll perhaps want to cut treasury late in the season anyway.

I mean, sure, you can protect against 10k winnings by hoarding, or protect against 10k winnings by winning next the game by bumping your inducement total just a little bit. Some of our bigger hauls going into this season went in with a big treasury, didn't spend it, and then lost it to expensive mistakes! Ouch!

At least consider some extra inducements mid-season if you have a solid treasury and are the underdog, or a huge treasury and are the big dog. You earned the money, go win some games with it. It's what I'd bet on with those elves because they lack a specific sacking combo that inducements can just give them.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXII Round 4 WAxe

SWL Premier League LXXII

Unicorn Gunfight vs Snarling Lunar Freaks! - breakin news. Coach Manzoo has been kidnapped by a tribe of snotlings and been forced to work in the salt mines. Negotiations are underway for his release but will take several weeks to reach fruition. All his remaining games will be forfeited.

Thanks for watching

Dlock

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, well that gold I used to hire those snotlings didnt go to waste...

Revenge is sweet.

- D
Dlock

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2018 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

Could somebody tell me if the star player point levels are still the same, please?

I have them at 6 / 16 / 31 / 51 / 76 and 176...

- D
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2018 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

That's correct, Dlock, we have not changed the SPP margins for SWL.

Looks like Superstars will be very rare in this, and Legends will be things of legend.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2018 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Tussock.

I recon if one would really like, building legend could be easier than before, you could just nominate them for star player every single match.
almic85

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I using my AG4 skink wrong?

Everyone seems to think it’s a game changer, but he has barely gotten an SPP since the +ag.

If you're interested join the Fringe
 Jump to: