34 coaches online • Server time: 16:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
If it were up to you, Fumbbl R and B would...
Add all 3
23%
 23%  [ 36 ]
Add none
37%
 37%  [ 57 ]
Add just Khorne
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Add just Bretons
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Add just Simyin
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Add all BUT Khorne
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Add all BUT Bretons
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Add all BUT Simyin
27%
 27%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 154

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:
Anyone else concerned that the Simyan linemen are made up of Bonobos?

Why not just Monkeys.

The original name of Simyin is Apes of Wrath.
I guess because Simyin are apes (without tail), and monkeys would not fit because they have the tail.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 14:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
I think GW official has considerable value. I think it is important to have a principle underlying what is used on the site otherwise the incremental additions and changes will creep until we have something that is highly tailored to some and less suitable to others and less accessible to newcomers.
Of course, Christer is free to use whatever rules he likes as the commissioner but, from my experiences of other things, I highly respect and value the principle based approach he takes.

This brings up a number of questions and diffcult issues though. It's a tough line to tread. Effectively we're now in a position where there are 3 different 'standards' to adhere to:
1) BB2016 official rules
2) NAF sanctioned rules
3) BB2 official licensed game rules

The question is then, when players come to FUMBBL, which do they expect to find? If we go strictly to bb2016, how far do we take this? Do we remove Slann? Do we shoehorn seasons onto the competitive divisions? Do we make cards compulsory at the start of all matches? These are all bb2016 official. There's also the issue of trying to comply with an incomplete and evolving ruleset.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
morehouse

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, thanks to everybody for giving their thoughts!

Looks like the general opinion of the community is yes on Khorne and Bretons, no on Simyin. Good to know Smile
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to be clear, 23 sides are now 'GW official' in the latest reference - the Blood Bowl Almanac which came out recently. Basically all the old CRP teams are there except Slann, but I agree with Purplegoo it would be a real shame to lose them. They are a fun team, and as they were designed by the great Jervis Johnson himself they have providence!

I wouldn't have a problem with Khorne and Brettonians, have seen them on the NAF circuit and they are hardly overpowered (probably Tier 2!), they also fit the Warhammer background so if folks want to play them why not? But I detest Simyin - they seem really daft to me and I just don't find them remotely amusing. Maybe it's because I'm a biologist, I don't like to see animals which are generally far more peaceful than us portrayed as violent monsters; it's disrespectful and bad for their PR (look what we did to sharks and wolves, other animals with PR problems...). We have the fantasy world for slapstick violence!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
they also fit the Warhammer background

Only their names fit the Warhammer background, the rosters don't fit properly.
Bretonnian Knights should have S access (Yeomen should lose S access instead), while in the roster they have Catch, like if they were a bad blitzer/catcher/thrower hybrid player. The P access is not great either, Leader can fit but Knights able to pass well the ball are not fluffy at all.

Pit Fighter with P access clearly is not fluffy, they are interested in killing, not in passing the ball or tactics.
Bloodletters should have Claw and lose A access and Juggernaut. The Herald should have Claw too, otherwise Chaos and Nurgle players can potentially deal more damage and this makes no sense.
The Bloodthirster is quite ok, but again ST 5 is too low for the strongest Greater Daemon of the 4 Chaos Powers.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely Matt the design of both teams (or lack of it!) is just weird, that's why I'd only see them as Tier 2. However if folks want to roll with those flaws that would be their choice! If GW adopt these I guess a bit of an overhaul would be in order...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DoK design is weird because the designers wanted to avoid making a CPOMB team, but now, without PO, the roster could use some tweaks.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2018 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

morehouse wrote:

Looks like the general opinion of the community is yes on Khorne and Bretons, no on Simyin. Good to know Smile

Not really sure you can say that's a consensus after 24hrs, and when the vote has steadily been increasing in favour of "none" Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2018 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think blood bowl needs any more races.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2018 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

morehouse wrote:

Cool some opinions are worth more than others....
Cool Cool Cool

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2018 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
DrDeath wrote:
they also fit the Warhammer background

Only their names fit the Warhammer background, the rosters don't fit properly.
Bretonnian Knights should have S access (Yeomen should lose S access instead), while in the roster they have Catch, like if they were a bad blitzer/catcher/thrower hybrid player. The P access is not great either, Leader can fit but Knights able to pass well the ball are not fluffy at all.

Pit Fighter with P access clearly is not fluffy, they are interested in killing, not in passing the ball or tactics.
Bloodletters should have Claw and lose A access and Juggernaut. The Herald should have Claw too, otherwise Chaos and Nurgle players can potentially deal more damage and this makes no sense.
The Bloodthirster is quite ok, but again ST 5 is too low for the strongest Greater Daemon of the 4 Chaos Powers.

Sure but could see a redone Bret or Khorne roster fitting the fluff. That will never be true for Simyin. No pets allowed for me.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2018 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

morehouse wrote:
Looks like the general opinion of the community is yes on Khorne and Bretons, no on Simyin.

Correction: it looks like the general opinion of Fumbbl forum readers is Add None.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2018 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Gimme more races to unforlon! Dont see brets high tv though, maybe khorne might be ok.
No idea what the symian roster is, i dont play secret league
datom

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2018 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It's also worth saying that anything added that is not GW official leaves us a hostage to fortune. Look at the changes to Pact/new Goblin star players - changes can take several years to filter through into the FUMBBL environment for good reason.

GW seem committed to retaining comparable 'base' rosters for the most part with CRP, but can't see them having that same commitment to rosters that aren't theirs. So if a new Khorne roster comes out in Death Zone season 3, do we play on with the old one for a couple of years, then delete all existing teams if they are not suitable compatible? Seems like it could be messy.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2018 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
Gimme more races to unforlon! Dont see brets high tv though, maybe khorne might be ok.
No idea what the symian roster is, i dont play secret league

Simyin roster isnt a Secret League thing. its a special roster that was made available for leagues because of a kick starter thing