43 coaches online • Server time: 14:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
polemarch

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2018 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If I ever get in position for a maiden Prem win, I will happily spend every bit of cash to win and then will probably see everyone of my players retire on a high.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2018 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Good man Polemarch.

The real question though is would you be willing to spend all your cash and then still lose? Setting your team back for several seasons to come as you try to rebuild getting smashed in Prem and then, down into Conf or even Reggies.

Because lets be honest, extra inducements are not a sure fire way to win any game of BB Smile Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2018 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

to be honest it is such fantasy even considering such an situation I doubt I will have to worry about the choice

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2018 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Irgy wrote:
I'm saying both cases are bad.

But it seems to me that both of these scenarios involves a fair bit of prediction/assumption on your part, wouldn't you agree?

Not really. In one case I'm saying if it's never in anyone's interest to take advantage of a rule there's no point having the rule. That's not speculation.

In the other case, I'm giving a representative example. So obviously the representative example is speculative. But the point I'm making is not.

Look, at the end of the day, the whole tournament is a zero sum game. What's bad for one player is good for others. The difference is how it feels, which is inherently subjective. All I'm saying is that every single scenario I can picture leads to more bad feelings than good. It's hard to come up with scenarios where spending is justified in the first place, but the four I have are:

1. Critical prem game as described (prisoners dilemna situation that likely just destroys both teams for no advantage)
2. As above but they're not playing each other, they're each playing different last-round games. Now we have essentially the same situation as far as the effect of spending goes, with the wonderful addition that both teams are highly motivated to wait for the other team to play first.
3. A team is retiring/redrafting and dumps all their cash for the last game. Really fair on whoever's randomly chosen as their last round opponent that one.
4. Small spending to pre-emptively avoid expensive mistakes thresholds. I personally see this as a trap, but it's neither here nor there either way.

Feel free to come up with positive examples. Polemarch nearly had one where he spends a lot and wins and it was worth it. But what about the person who spends a lot and loses? We're not really ahead overall.

Anyway, there's actually one really, really good solution to the whole situation, that would leave us with exactly the system wherein this purchase-from-treasury system works well, works the way some people seem to think it does already, and makes complete sense. And that's to disconnect the treasury from the end of season rebuy entirely! Obviously adding 30k to the base value to compensate.

Do that, and now you can buy players mid season without sacrificing the following one, you can spend on inducements, you can save for important games, treasury is suddenly interesting again not just some thing you ignore all season and just blindly hope you don't get screwed by expensive mistakes rolls.
Dlock

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2018 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Dlock, after masterminding your win against Coach Bobs by supplying him with generous amounts of refreshments, what is your plan against Tomay and his orcs?

Well, in a way this is easier, I will use my agility 4 to gain advantage. So simply put, for one round, I will mark all his players with mine, he'll hit them - and some might get hurt but AV8 and only one MB should not be too bad - and then, on my turn I will attack un-protected ball carrier. I will do this twice or maybe 3 times to win with 4 touchdowns.

And, also have special plan for Dean Venture - his only MB player that also has frenzy. He has obviously build this player for crowd surfing and maximum damage. I will provide him with easy, tempting target - say, Sneaky Davey - close to side line. He'll charge in, and I will surf him to crowd in my turn. Or if that fails, I will isolate him and get in juicy foul since he already has niggle.

All this works fine as long as Coach Tomay doesnt expect any of these smart tricks I have up my sleeves.
swladmin

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2018 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXIII Round 1 Axe

SWL Drakeular Memorial Premier League LXXIII

All Clear. Champion is already 1 game behind, will he kick into gear and go hard for the back to back titles.

SWL Memories of FUMBBLs Past Conference LXXIII

All Clear.

SWL Daughters of the Song Conference LXXIII

All Clear.

SWL Viola Regional LXXIII

All Clear.

swladmin

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2018 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXIII Round 2 Axe

All Clear.

All Clear.

All Clear.

Skye Hoppers! vs ☠Refreshingly Dead☠ - extension

-10 Points -> Axeman for tardy axing. No one likes a late axe.

Dlock

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

Wee observation I had this morning. Highest TV value teams seem to be around 1670 mark. This is 3rd season in, why there isnt any "bigger" teams yet?

- D
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 00:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You need to dig deeper to get to the mng elves. Bravado 1770k tw. Anyone bigger?

The rebuy limits the top end.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Only going to get higher, we are relatively new into this cycle and player values haven’t come close to maxing yet. Also the divisional bonus will provide a higher starting point and more rebuy leniency to see larger teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloody Expensive mistakes. If no one has noticed yet... I hate it. Been pinged again this season 2 from 3 rolls so far.

Rant over.

And I am going to jinx myself but Beard of Zeus is a hard hitting woman. 19 cas from 16 games with no CPOMB leg up. Failed to RIP anyone against Almic85 though. She couldn’t keep that streak going.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock wrote:
Hello.

Wee observation I had this morning. Highest TV value teams seem to be around 1670 mark. This is 3rd season in, why there isnt any "bigger" teams yet?

- D

Every season your TV is set to a value that's based on things which, on average, don't differ a great deal from season to season. So it's kind of irrelevant how many seasons in we are (after the first anyway).
almic85

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a few teams sitting between 1650 and 1700 3 games into this season.

With the extra cash being added in for conferences and prem you can expect that there will be a few teams bouncing around at higher tvs next season.

The real benefit of seasons is that everyone starts the season in about the same position in terms of tv even if they aren’t all developed the same.

Edit:

Ps anyone think they will come close to my cas for stats this season? I’m at 19 cas in 4 games with 3 games left to go.

If you're interested join the Fringe
swladmin

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXIII Round 3 Axe

All Clear. Young up and comer shaking up the big dogs. Go Mushoomy!!

All Clear. In a strange twist Rock beats paper and paper beats scissors

All Clear. Top half all in contention.

All Clear

swladmin

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2018 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season LXXIII Round 4 Axe

Unicorn Gunfight vs Dean Park Rangers - extension Tuesday night weather permitting

All Clear.

All Clear.

All Clear

Jump to: