21 coaches online • Server time: 03:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2017 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
My second son born a month ago and I had no time for SR.

Grats, good luck & have fun! Very Happy
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance of an update?
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Good news! see this post! https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=SzieberthAdam&id=21078
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Rankings were updated.

Harad took 3rd position from cdassak.

Note that according the new rulebook, results are not finalized for a month, although they will probably not change.

Fortfeited finals and overlooked multiple applications which got explored may the only reason of changes.

If anyone finds issues with SR (assumed that anyone read the rulebook), please tell me.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

New week, new rankings.

Majors: WO XIII
Minors: BARB II LO, BARB IV LO, BARB V LO

Tricktickler's top spot is firm as a rockdespite he did not take part in WO.
Former number one and WO winner coach cedric19 started his way down due to his inactivity for 26 weeks. Because his descent, Dominik is now Top 3 coach.
WO winner Pirigin is 14th, runner-up Stonetroll is 7th.

Elven Union dominance in the Team Rankings ended as Uusiverikulho took the top spot for the third time in the team's history.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ORIGINAL THREAD START POST KEPT FOR REFERENCE:

I am happy to announce that OBC Sport SR Rankings is now in beta stage which means its existence is revealed to the public from now.

This is the new rankings which takes place of the one which is maintained manually by sonrises.
Sonrises made a great job but got tired over time.
He asked me in about one and a half years ago whether we could automate the rankings somehow.
In the meantime I got a child born (and soon another) but slow but sure we came to this moment.
We both hope that you fellow coaches will like it as much as we do!

Note that the results are not identical with the former rankings because the new one has a weekly rolling system with full ATP points table.

Without writing too much, let me recommend you to bookmark our page. Please follow these steps.

Happy birthday FUMBBL!

GO TO NEWEST POST

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

SR is back and is 2.0. As I wrote in my blog post there were some changes applied to the system. I try to get them in one place here. As I might not be able to provide a full list now, this post will likely to get updated some times in the future.

• Weekly Turn Time changed from Monday 6:30 UTC to Monday 8:00 server time. More sensible. No results affected by this change.
  • FUMBBL Years are introduced. These are basically time periods from FC to FC. Year ends when the FC of the same roman number gets completed. I would happy to go for calendar year based but as some FC were ended in January, there would be no elegant way to handle that. However, this approach resulted some FUMBBL Years to be more and some to be less than 52 weeks long.
  • As I do not wanted that a regular tournament which was started in a specific FUMBBL Year to get out from the system before the year ends in case it would be longer than 52 weeks, I made regular tournaments to remain in the system for 52 weeks and until the year-end. If year-end comes in less than 52 weeks then the tournament stays in the system for 52 weeks. And if the year-end comes in more than 52 weeks, then the tournament stays in the system until the year-end. Special tournaments which provide titles behave the same as before.
  • With the help of the new API, I am able to handle the tournament completion times better in case of forfeited finals as I get the exact time whe the admin hit the forfeit button.
  • The new system is aware of quits/dropouts. Concessions, forfeits, and quits make the performance unclean which is punished the same way as before. Uncleanness takes a true win (elimination tournemnts) or reduces points (non-elimination tournaments) and make the perfomance to forcibly take a regular slot. Plus unclean results have priority in taking slots so they take slots away from the better results.
  • The points table changed. Believe me I was spending many many hours to came up with a good FUMBBL ATP table. I will post a detailed reasoning soon. As the final table was triggered today, some who followed the development on Discord may notice a slight change in their points/stats.
  • Multiple Applications are handled in a more general way: One gets the least points per tournament level. Formerly, those scores were unaccepted which was problematic as FC III explicitely allowed multiple applications. Still, multiple applications are considered unclean but that does not affects FC III as that was the only tournament in the system in its time so there were no other performances to be superseded by unclean FC III results.
  • X slot group is gone which means there is no reserved slot for XFL anymore. PurpleChest pointed out once that there is no reason to push XFL so hard. I realized that with a reserved XFL slot there is no reason not to have a reserved RRR slot and soo, all the minor tournament types. This is not what the slot system is for. Asides from some privileged group of tournaments, the rest of the points should be come in order, highest first. The current system is more simple: FC, best 4 majors and best 13 any other for coaches, and best major and 8 best any other results for teams. This lets more space for maneuvering.
  • Formerly there were no tiebreakers but the current system breaks ties by comparing the points, highest points first.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2018 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

SR Rankings Report 687 is out!

As always, a completed major tournament altered the Top10 coaches and teams.

Check out!

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2018 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

SR Rankings Report 688 is out!

Two Instant smacks in, a Scheduled Smack Brawl out. Not big movements, but was enough for Nachtogen to took the third spot from Dominik.

Check out!

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2018 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, number 3.

Nice work, man, thanks for this.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SR Rankings Report 689 is out!

Couple of BAR Brawls has been completed but since the start of Instant Smacks, this is the first week without any of them. Hopefully this is just a temporary state of this great new tournament series.

Check out!

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2018 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

SR Rankings Report 690 is out!

A BAR Brawl and an Instant Smacks in, two RRRs out. No movement in the top 10.

Check out!

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2018 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Woo, 21st!
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

SR Rankings Report 691 is out!

Couple of minor tournaments in and out. No movement in the top 10.

Check out!

I will set turntime to Sunday midnight server time during the week. This will have small effect on the historical rankings.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

SR Rankings Report 692 is out!

XFL Masters has been ended and the top coach title is taken by the winner Jokaero. Congrats!

Check out!

Turntime is now Sunday midnight FUMBBL time.