55 coaches online • Server time: 23:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2018 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I am thinking of creating a league where there are 10 coaches and each coach is initially ranked 1-10 according to their CR, then during the league the #10 team plays the #9 team, the winner of that plays the #8 team, the winner of that plays the #7 team, etc, until there is a winner.

A) would there be interest?

B) Would this be possile to set up?

C) The only issue I see would be the short number of matches in a season maybe I should make it 20 teams if there is enough interest.
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2018 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

So whomever was ranked #1 at the beginning plays one game?

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2018 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You can put in dummy teams in the tournament first and then manually switch the right teams.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

yes that is the point of a ladder.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
yes that is the point of a ladder.

Only playing one game?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

A ladder would either1) have to be challenge based where you can challenge someone up to perhaps 3 places above you, and not scheduled. Or 2) you have rounds and somehow sort it so teams play others quite closely ranked.
If number 1 beats number 2, then perhaps next round they would play which ever was the next highest ranked team to win. You will probably get some of the low teams play each other a few teams and upper teams play each other a few times, unless the skill level is close or every win or loss makes a big position change.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The first person plays only one game?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary's idea is possible, although there would be no point in challenging someone below you on the ladder.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Gary's idea is possible, although there would be no point in challenging someone below you on the ladder.

Boxing/MMA have always had this problem. Wink

Dodging is often a problem with open leagues. I guess that was at least partly the downfall of the Faction division.

You can also run into the problem that people may just fear to play the Champ. Twisted Evil

With Garyt1's option 2 you could divide the team into bands. e.g. 4+ per level. Then play Round robin, KO or Swiss events to decide who gets promoted or relegated to a higher or lower level.

I'd suggest only three or four games per round.

If you use 4 team KOs then each round is max two games and it would be fine for the Champ to sit out and wait for the next challenger. Though you would have to deal with relegation manually. Maybe a play off between the defeated teams. But that is a bit messy.

You could use 4 team round robins or 6+ team Swiss for each round. Top goes up. Bottom goes down. Only the Champ has to sit out and they only sit out three rounds and not seven.

O[L]C used 4 team KOs but didn't care much about hierarchy.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont agree completly with the mma/boxing similarity since the ranking there is an "subjective" thing and if the rules in the league would send a winner/loser to a definent rank.

For example. A win gets up one step a loss gets down a step and a draw stay where u where. If two teams should get the same number, just have some rules for what decide the "better" team. Maybe team value, tds, casualtys etc etc

Edit: And a definent scheule 1vs2, 3vs4 etc etc, no exceptions.

and another thing.... Get players for the same timezone for a easier matchscheduling!
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So basically a promotion relegation league with 4 team divisions? That may work. You could have 2x round robin for 6 game seasons, with the top team of each division moving up and the bottom team moving down.
 Jump to: