44 coaches online • Server time: 12:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2018 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Oyez Oyez! Folks who play FUMBBL Blood Bowl in the American timezones, pray attend!

The Northern Wastes League (NWL) is current recruiting for it's thirty-sixth season. It uses the CRB teams, plus Simyin. (And if you're interested in playing, but were looking at Bretonnian or Daemons of Khorne... ask here, 'cause I'm not certain the question has been hashed out yet.) There are rules in place to try to keep the league somewhat racially balanced, but at the moment almost all rosters are available.

The rules are pretty standard, but "NWL uses the Right Stuff cancels Tackle on Blocks alternate rule... in hopes of encouraging coaches wishing to use the Ogre, Goblin, Halfling and Underworld Rosters to join in a slightly more friendly environment for your team."

The league is NOT restricted to coaches from the Americas, but it should be recognized that most of the coaches will be playing from the UTC-4 to UTC-7 timezones.

If all that sounds good to you, and you think you might want to join the league! All great adventures begin with a single step. Comment in this thread. Start the conversation. Join us. Catalyst32 is our fearless Commishioner, and he's decreed that the next season shall start in the last half of September, so don't delay! Come out and have some fun.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2018 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. Thanks Razmus.

To coaches that live and play outside of the typical evening times for the Americas. Yes you can join. Just be aware in this league you play during our times as a general rule. So it can be tough for you to do so.
Some of our coaches may be able to accommodate you with a more favorable game time. And some cannot. The good news is a forfeit loses no points only the chance to gain points.

To the rest of you. Get in while it's good. I have to find out which Coaches and Teams will return next season before I promise you your 1st choice of Roster. But IN GENERAL you can have whatever you like right now.

Teams must either be ROOKIE League Teams OR Teams that are RETURNING to the NWL with no games played outside of NWL.

And don't worry about having to schedule coaches in Eurpoe if that is normally a problem for you. There have only been 2 or 3 in 36 Seasons and in the last 20 or so on 1 (and after 2 seasons he backed out for his health needing sleep). And all of those guys ave been great guys.
razmus

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2018 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

To all interested coaches, the thirty-fifth season of the Northern Waste League is now concluding. We don't know what the next season will look like. We're calling on coaches who might be interested to bring back teams who have played in the past as well coaches new to the league with new teams.
SavageJ

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The Savage Slings are considering a return. I'll keep my eye on this thread and let you know for certain as things shape up.
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, I'll play
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2018 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested if you have a spot open.
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2018 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all. Unfortunately, our faithful commissioner has declared the NWL "mostly dead". We'll be keeping an eye open for signs of life; at least eight folks to play lower TV teams. But for the time being, we've failed to reach the critical mass to launch the next season. Keep in touch with Catalyst32 if you're interested in helping with the league's resuscitation.
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2018 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I have time now if you need another player....
Fool

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2018 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Same here.
xyon

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2020 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

dundun, dun, dun-DUNDUN! dundun, dun, dun-DUNDUN! I'm back.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
 Jump to: