36 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

While I'm not a big fan of the trend for 'participation trophies', I'm also hoping we can carry the momentum of the last few weeks across the whole of the next year. It has been wonderful to be able to jump into the box most times, and play a game. (Jumping into the box yesterday with eight other coaches, and the box finding me unworthy not withstanding. Smile )

The E.L.F. has Image 'Cycle Completed [SEASON]' awards for teams which play 2 games against five different categories of teams. Any elf team can accomplish that... it just require tenacity on the part of the coach. (Well... OTHER coaches... I haven't managed to play ten games with a single elf team yet, much less ten in sixty days.)

Any chance someone good with graphics would want to make up some additional awards for the Box Trophy? The two types I could see would be:
(1) Racial awards for the teams which finish the year with the best race points. I could see someone displaying that in their race bio proudly.
(2) Something for everyone who finishes all 150 games. I don't care if it's a voucher from 'Nurgle King' for a flavored puss-cone with the season that coaches can manually add to their coach profile. (I can't imagine any of the standard Blood Bowl sponsors not lining up to support the Black Box Steel Trophy!) Or just a commemorative spike sliced off a ball with "BBT2" stamped in the side. Or a commemorative towel: "This is the towel I didn't throw in! Box Trophy Season Two" Something coaches can add to their profile to say... "I finished this" But more importantly, to give them something to shoot for to finish all the games.

Again, I just don't want the energy to peter out. I'd love to see 'Nurgle King' have to hand out two hundred puss-cones to a field of coaches who each play 150 games!

Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a participation t-shirt for you....I printed 10,000 of these expecting they'd be in high demand, and so far haven't seen a single one at a match...you guys are so ungrateful! Smile

razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2018 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I can take a hint. Updating my teams' field logos now. (Now I just need something for when each of my teams hit thirty games... I've only ever gotten ONE team to thirty games before, although my CIBBL team is just one game off that illustrious mark. Although more correctly, I wish for (almost said need. I need a brain. I only wish there were a box completion something.) something when all five of my box teams makes it to thirty.)
Chivite

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

what do i get for being a madman and finishing the whole thing in under a month?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

First place for a while Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely also worth an entry in the Recordopedia Splutannica.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

GAUNTLET GO!

Your Blackbox Trophy Column, by Blasensky

Welcome, Blackbox fans, your man Blasensky is bringing you the latest news from the Blackbox Trophy. And what can I say? We have the first finisher, not even one month into a season that runs for a year! That lunatic Chivite has really done it, 150 matches in 27 days, and when I say lunatic I mean that entirely in a good way. Honest! A record for the Recordopedia Splutannica, a record for the ages. 5.6 matches per day.

There are only two coaches who had even completed half the matches by the time Chivite handed in his total score, lohu and KnutOlavaines, in 2nd and 4th place respectively. 7 other coaches had completed a third of the matches. Out of 181 currently entered. Chivite has finished. Un-be-lievable. Give a mighty /cheer for this coach, Blood Bowl fans! He is also bringing a very respectable 115.5 points to the scoring board, including 6 points for his four racial leads which might or might not last. His win rate over the 150 matches was 63 %.

I had the chance for a short interview with coach Chivite just after match no. 150, still dripping wet from the Gatorcade shower his players had given him.

Blasensky: Coach Chivite, you have completed all 150 matches of the Box Trophy in just 27 days, congratulations! What was it like?

Chivite: It was tons of fun, also reckless, there was absolutely no need for it... but hey, no regrets… I think.

Blasensky: Why the hell did you do it?

Chivite: I discovered the BT1 too late (although, maybe not that late given the reason for this interview) and I was amazed by it! Such nice idea, so the second the rules were set for season 2 I made my teams, I wanted to try new things, but also have some solid games, I can’t elf (yet) and Lizards seem to be the team I play best, so Lizards for 3 points, then I love Slann, so that is 4 points, 5 to go, between Vamps and Underworld I felt I should try Underworld, and for the two 2 point teams I enjoy Khemri, and last I chose Norse, cos they look fun, and strong. Well, in day one I deactivated all my other box teams, and had a fun day, then did it again, and again, eventually someone asked if I was going for a record, I didn’t realize I had gone so far so quick! So then I made it my goal, for no reason, just because I could.

Blasensky: Hey, that’s a pretty good reason in my book! What was your best moment, and your worst?

Chivite: Some of my best moments came from my big guys, almost all of them became monsters, ST6 Kroxigor and some ST5 Saurus on Lizards, Blodge Troll on Underworld, ST5 Blodge Ulfwerener and Block Yhetee, ST6 Block Break Tackle Tomb Guardian... Also playing my Underworld team "AWAKEN", from game 1 they pulled some bullshit play to score and they kept performing really well all season long. My worst moments have come from playing Norse, I wanted to try em out, like Underworld, but my experience has been quite the opposite, they annoyed the living shit out of me, and the list of retired players is long... very long for 30games: 11 deaths (not counting loner deaths) plus -stats and nigles... not fun at all.

Blasensky: Yeah that’s Norse for you, more glass than cannon, eh? You’ve got 115.5 points currently, what position do you think that will put you in by the end of the season?

Chivite: I would hope to do well, I hope to do be top 20 or 10 if I’m lucky, either would make me very happy.

Blasensky: You’ve been playing 5-6 matches a day for the last four weeks, what are you going to do next?

Chivite: Free time is almost over, so I won’t be able to keep this up, Real Life is around the corner, so people will see me way less on the Box. But for when I have time I am very tempted on building a second squad, and try do better than with the official one, just for my own development as a coach (just not with Norse this time).

Blasensky: Well, good luck with that, and thanks for the interview!
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see this is back and the Number of games dropped to 30/team. I can manage 2-3 games a week and with playing on holidays can then make up the rest of the matches meaning 150 games in a year is achievable.

I have picked some races I have never played to get some experience with them - HElfs, Khemi, Dwarves (yuck) and Norse. Then Flings to finish off.

Had a really fun start last night and won both my games with the HElf Thrower getting +ST! Much better than last year where I lost the games and had lots of dead Elves.

Lyracian.
stowelly

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Chivite wrote:
what do i get for being a madman and finishing the whole thing in under a month?

Sectioned?
Very Happy
Chivite

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

stowelly wrote:
Chivite wrote:

Sectioned?
Very Happy

you are just like the voices in my head
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 20:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I would back a system where anyone completing 150 games earns a ticket for another squad entry. Sole condition would be 2 or 3 minimum race changes.

Stopping at 149, or anywhere other than 150, no new ticket.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm. but if someone can play 150 games several times, they get several chances more than most other people.

maybe new squads don't count in the standing?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
hmm. but if someone can play 150 games several times, they get several chances more than most other people.

I think that's kind of the point. There has to be some reward for playing another 150. How many people are even likely to play 150, never mind 300 anyway?

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2018 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that's a good idea I think.
 Jump to: