36 coaches online • Server time: 11:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan wrote:
Social Justice Warrior culture has changed. Snow flakes. Snow flakes everywhere.

But some old warriors are holding out. And Fouling the masses. Trying to save society by harming pixels. (You are welcome!)

as someone's sign off once said: -If the worst thing that happened to you today was some pixels got harmed. Consider yourself lucky.

Laughing ROFL Laughing

HEY, maybe we can add safe spaces to the BB pitch? Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

BB pixel players used to have a safe space. It was called "Under scrutiny."
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If you dont like people fouling your players? Keep them standing.....

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, if you hang out in the NBFL discord (mostly Yanks), you'll quickly realize that there's no meaningful correlation between boots and politics. There are clean coaches, there are ugly coaches, and there are all manner of politics represented across that spectrum. I mean, if you drew a political spectrum line (I don't believe in such things) in my league, using Arktoris and I as poles would be reasonable, but if you tried to put us at opposite ends of a bloodthirstiness spectrum, everybody would laugh and then start debating earnestly which of the two of us was the most vicious mofo in the league (I've got the stats on my side, but Ark runs the Charioteers in Ranked and can ride on rep a little).

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

jlkcz wrote:
I have just played such a peculiar match. I was three times asked why am I fouling (and I explained I hope to get tactical advantage) and then in the second half the player just told me he hopes I have no fun playing the match and conceded.

As I have returned after a year of not playing I need to ask, is this common now? Or have I just had bad luck? (well, I leveled two of my players a got a new blitzer thanks to the concede winnings and MVP, but still...)
You simply had the misfortune of playing someone who has a worldview in which people should cater to them, rather then play within the rules of the game.

Quite frankly, fouling is an art form to be embraced. Lay in the boot, foul all menz, turn 16 foul every single time.

JackassRampant wrote:
Meh, if you hang out in the NBFL discord (mostly Yanks), you'll quickly realize that there's no meaningful correlation between boots and politics. There are clean coaches, there are ugly coaches, and there are all manner of politics represented across that spectrum. I mean, if you drew a political spectrum line (I don't believe in such things) in my league, using Arktoris and I as poles would be reasonable, but if you tried to put us at opposite ends of a bloodthirstiness spectrum, everybody would laugh and then start debating earnestly which of the two of us was the most vicious mofo in the league (I've got the stats on my side, but Ark runs the Charioteers in Ranked and can ride on rep a little).
I should add to this by saying that my next NBFL match, is one where I'll be much more focused on booting several players than I will on attempting to win the game. Like Ark and JR I can similarly say that myself and Arcayn are quite politically opposite, but we both rate quite high on the bloodlust scale.

Also, before anyone tries to claim any kind of gender line as well, I should mention that I may be one of the more bloodthirsty coaches on Fumbbl, and I am female.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Wuhan's point is "there's a correlation between politics and using the boot."

I think his point is "there's a correlation between maturity and complaining about being fouled."

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda love it when I get fouled. Shows that I'm pissing the other coach off Wink

Even Turn16 fouls are an important part of the game in my opinion.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO fouling and how you respond to it really comes down to how old you are. Coaches, like me, who have played since 1st ED are fouling degenerates because that is how, in our world view, Blood Bowl is and will always be.

As this glorious game has changed over time every edition it seems fouling as a main tactic has been watered down to this concept of tactical fouling.

Coaches who have just joined us playing Blood Bowl with no experience of the past seem to think fouling is actually cheating and some how taking a short cut to win and hurt pixels.

Well, hurting pixels increases your odds to win, if I hurt your feelings, well, sorry. I want to win and if I dont win, Iam cool with that, I will just default to the age old I won because my CAS line shows more CAS than your team.

So to answer the question directly. Yes the players have changed, based on age of the player, what edition of Blood Bowl they started out with. Those two factors really effect any response to fouling.

**Full disclosure**

I foul an average of 3.1 based on almost 3000 matches. That average has fallen off since BB2016 version on FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It is nothing to do with the age of the player. It is to do with how you learned the game.

I rarely foul but my 21 year old son and 10 year old nephew foul like maniacs.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If opponent wants to play with 0 players and let me beat them 16-0 I am cool with that. And they would never be fouled on either.
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2018 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Win if you can...lose if you must...but always foul.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2018 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Coaches who have just joined us playing Blood Bowl with no experience of the past seem to think fouling is actually cheating and some how taking a short cut to win and hurt pixels.

Exactly. If they just read the online rules they may think that fouling is something you shouldn't do, and that is why there is a sending off punishment.
Though if it was real cheating it wouldn't be in the game rules..